Non migrating dependents

Old Mar 15th 2010, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Okavango is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Non migrating dependents

Hi. In the Family Members section of the application for a 175 or 176 permanent resident visa that requests info on all non migrating dependents and other family members - is it the direct family of the main applicant or both? (ie do I include my wife's mother, father and sister on the application?) Not a major issue but just haven't got their details to hand at present. Thanks.

Last edited by Okavango; Mar 15th 2010 at 8:46 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:02 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Non migrating dependents

It only applies to the ones that are dependent on you.

So generally speaking it's just your children. Your extended family (siblings, parents, etc) are not dependent on you so therefore they don't go in that section. Unless of course you've got a relative who relies on you for everything, which is difficult to prove.

There a section for other family members somewhere where there info can go.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Okavango is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Other Family Members

Yes sorry - it was actually the 'Other Family Members' section I was referring to - tried to change the thread title later but couldn't. So are both my own AND my wifes other family members added to this section? Thanks again.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:04 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Other Family Members

Originally Posted by Okavango
Yes sorry - it was actually the 'Other Family Members' section I was referring to - tried to change the thread title later but couldn't. So are both my own AND my wifes other family members added to this section? Thanks again.
In that case then yes. Both your families info would go in there.

When we applied my husband was the main applicant and the kids and myself were included (we didn't need any points from me). We put details of both our families in that section (parents and siblings), but that's it.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non migrating dependents

I just put my parents and siblings in the on line application as that is all it asked for.

When we looked at the paper based application, it specifically asked for details of my family and my husband's family.