Reload this Page >

Are there any teachers out there

Are there any teachers out there

Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Fly Fish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are there any teachers out there

Hi

I have been searching for teaching positions in Dubai. Have tried TES and written directly to a few schools. No response. Are there any teachers out there? Hello? What do you have to do to get a teaching job out there ? I keep hearing that there are loads of teaching jobs out there. I'm going out to Dubai in April. Can anyone please help?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:07 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there any teachers out there

have you contacted GEMS Education? they seem to be recruiting all the time, and there were a load of jobs on the TES site a few weeks back.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Fish
Hi

I have been searching for teaching positions in Dubai. Have tried TES and written directly to a few schools. No response. Are there any teachers out there? Hello? What do you have to do to get a teaching job out there ? I keep hearing that there are loads of teaching jobs out there. I'm going out to Dubai in April. Can anyone please help?
You seem to be doing the right things. I think if you search the wiki on here you will get a list of pretty much all the expat schools out here. Staff turnover is high-ish and every year sees a new influx of teachers, plus there are many new schools opening both in Abu Dhabi & Dubai....

Keep applying and you should get some joy. Pay levels vary - the better schools (e.g. DC, JES) pay a reasonable salary & benefits... Others suck....
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:27 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Repton apparently pays well but that is due to the extortionate fees they charge the parents, had a fight on EW about this today
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
have you contacted GEMS Education? they seem to be recruiting all the time, and there were a load of jobs on the TES site a few weeks back.
Thanks for responding. I've just filled in their on-line application form today. Would it be worth going to visit some of High schools out there when I'm out there in April ? I feel their un-contactable from here ? No one replies.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Repton apparently pays well but that is due to the extortionate fees they charge the parents, had a fight on EW about this today
Whats Ew?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:33 pm
Concierge

Whats Ew?
expatwoman.com, forum for women mainly but you can get alot of information by using their search function. Try contacting the Regent International School, my daughter goes there. www.risdxb.com (I think)
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for responding. I've just filled in their on-line application form today. Would it be worth going to visit some of High schools out there when I'm out there in April ? I feel their un-contactable from here ? No one replies.
Yes, definitely. A mate of mine was a head teacher at an inner London school, he came out here to see if it he liked it, went around a few of the schools here and walked away with 3 offers...

Whats Ew?
ExpatWoman - another UAE forum site on the web.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Yes, definitely. A mate of mine was a head teacher at an inner London school, he came out here to see if it he liked it, went around a few of the schools here and walked away with 3 offers...

ExpatWoman - another UAE forum site on the web.
Wow - I don't feel so depressed now. I guess I could ring them up when I get there. Thank you!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:45 pm
Concierge

Wow - I don't feel so depressed now. I guess I could ring them up when I get there. Thank you!
depends when you are coming in April, alot of schools are shut from 6th to 20th
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:46 pm
Concierge

http://www.bsme.org.uk/schools/
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

depends when you are coming in April, alot of schools are shut from 6th to 20th
My sister and her husband live out in Dubai so I'm staying with them for a couple of months. I've seen jobs at EIS that looking interesting. I'm an English teacher (GCSE)
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Thanks- Do you know if Regents College have vacancies ? Or maybe I could visit them..
Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:11 pm
Concierge

Thanks- Do you know if Regents College have vacancies ? Or maybe I could visit them..
it is only primary, they were advertising for Supply Teachers, you could call in and see the Head, she is Scottish, really nice lady.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My sister and her husband live out in Dubai so I'm staying with them for a couple of months. I've seen jobs at EIS that looking interesting. I'm an English teacher (GCSE)
Try DC. They had a vacancy for GCSE English a few weeks back, someone I know was offered it but didn't want it (chose maternity over career; DC is a nice college to work at...)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.