Reload this Page >

accounting undergraduate degree

accounting undergraduate degree

Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

farzana__ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default accounting undergraduate degree

Hi

I just have a question in regards to my qualifications. I have a undergraduate degree in Bachelor of business Accounting in Australia, if I move to Canada, would my degree be of any value?? or would I have to sit for an exam ???

and what are the chances that I will be able to use my degree to obtain a job ?

if anyone can give me any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

regards

Farzana
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:01 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: accounting undergraduate degree

Originally Posted by farzana__
Hi

I just have a question in regards to my qualifications. I have a undergraduate degree in Bachelor of business Accounting in Australia, if I move to Canada, would my degree be of any value?? or would I have to sit for an exam ???

and what are the chances that I will be able to use my degree to obtain a job ?

if anyone can give me any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

regards

Farzana
For most semi-senior to senior jobs with large companies a Canadian accounting designation is required - CA,CGA or CMA. However, for small and medium sized companies, especially in Provinces like Alberta and BC where there is a shortage of skilled workers, you should be able to find a job with your degree.

For the sake of your career, I would enroll in the CGA or CMA program as soon as you arrive.