Really confused!

Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:27 am
Peach & Dexy

dexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nice
Default Really confused!

Hello everyone,
On the "Visa Journey" Faq it says to omit section (B) (18) and (B) (19) when using the I-129f for spouse, also it says.. on question 20, to state that your spouse will apply for the K3/K4 visa in the country in which you were married, thats fine but on the form I have ( I129f ) there is no question 20 and (B) (19) is the section where one would put that info. The I-129f I have is date marked expires... 11/30/04.
My head is spinning lol.??????
Old Aug 25th 2004, 1:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Really confused!

Originally Posted by dexy
Hello everyone,
On the "Visa Journey" Faq it says to omit section (B) (18) and (B) (19) when using the I-129f for spouse, also it says.. on question 20, to state that your spouse will apply for the K3/K4 visa in the country in which you were married, thats fine but on the form I have ( I129f ) there is no question 20 and (B) (19) is the section where one would put that info. The I-129f I have is date marked expires... 11/30/04.

Perhaps the answer to the confusion is as simple as the form that the FAQ is referring to is an older version and the newer one has obviously been changed slightly.

Use your common sense, read the instructions and complete the form without referring back to the FAQ. The form should be simple to complete correctly.

You should then contact Steve2003 and ask him to update the FAQ using both the newer and the older forms.

Rete
Old Aug 25th 2004, 4:38 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,

Unfortunately, when the USCIS updated the I-129f they did not update their own instructions that go with it. The USCIS instructions, like the VisaJourney FAQ, still say to omit questions B.18 and B.19 when the questions to omit are now numbered B.17 and B.18.

It will probably be easier to get VisaJourney to update the FAQ than to get the USCIS to update the instructions...

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Rete
Perhaps the answer to the confusion is as simple as the form that the FAQ is referring to is an older version and the newer one has obviously been changed slightly.

Use your common sense, read the instructions and complete the form without referring back to the FAQ. The form should be simple to complete correctly.

You should then contact Steve2003 and ask him to update the FAQ using both the newer and the older forms.

Rete
Old Aug 26th 2004, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got the email alerting me to the update. I changed the #'s to 17,18, and 19. If I missed anything let me know!

-Steve

Last edited by Steve2003; Aug 26th 2004 at 4:29 am.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 5:47 am
Peach & Dexy

dexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nicedexy is just really nice

Originally Posted by dexy
Hello everyone,
Thanks to those who replied, confusion solved.