Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Oh Oh...Changed decision again!!

Oh Oh...Changed decision again!!

Old Mar 21st 2012, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice
Default Oh Oh...Changed decision again!!

Ok, I know people will think I am loopy!!

But following what I thought was a final decision to stay in UK (for immediate future) and NOT apply for FSW visa this year...

That country of Canada with the forever blue skies and rainbows has swayed me again!

The main reason my wife and I decided to put our plans of applying on hold was due to the thought of raising kids 'over there' during the hard years...
Other factors aswell but il come on to them later

Well,
1.- It'l always be daunting raising 2 kids alone in the new country...
2.- By the time we EVER get over, our kids will be a more managable age (talking, sleeping better, ready for pre-school etc)

This leads me on to my imagined timeframe.. (Im looking for a bit of guidance from you helpful lot regarding this, and no doubt correction! )

1. Apply this July 2012,(federal skilled worker)
2. Positive outcome from whole process gaining PR visa ( I know there is no guarantee of timeline but = July 2013 ?

(this is the part I stupidly need to explore more but...)
3. We have 1 year until we can 'land' and activate our Permanent Residence ? = July 20144. We have to live in Canada 2 years out of 5, to keep PR ?
(so by adding the max 3 years it takes us to secure jobs etc, that means at the very latest we have to be in the country in 2017 ?? )

Kids could be 6 + 5 ....

I'll leave it at that for the moment...

Now, where are they forms....

Last edited by alcat2010; Mar 21st 2012 at 4:14 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice
Default Re: Oh Oh...Changed decision again!!

haha must be all that good weather back home getting to yer heid!
Old Mar 21st 2012, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Third6
haha must be all that good weather back home getting to yer heid!
Old Mar 21st 2012, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

jerseytocanada is an unknown quantity at this point

We applied Nov 2010 and have just got our COPR.

Up to now were still not 100% that were going but it's better to have the option than not.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jerseytocanada
We applied Nov 2010 and have just got our COPR.

Up to now were still not 100% that were going but it's better to have the option than not.
True. Our thoughts also.

What is COPR? conditional offer of PR?
Old Mar 21st 2012, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

JENNYMG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alcat2010
True. Our thoughts also.

we are just wondering if this will we wont we indecision is all part and parcelled of the whole immigration thing!?!?!?
or are there people who from the off stead say we're going and thats that?
i think that when kids are involved it becomes less straight forward or plain cut and doubts seep in making the deciion harder and harder.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

YoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond repute

The CIC website is stating 27 months for skilled worker applications at the London High Commission, so your one-year processing time might be a bit optimistic.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

True. Our thoughts also.

Confirmation of Permanent Residence.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 6:27 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoshiPal2010
The CIC website is stating 27 months for skilled worker applications at the London High Commission, so your one-year processing time might be a bit optimistic.
Do you still need a job offer for Fed Skilled Worker ? I must admit it is so long since I looked at it I wouldn't know.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 6:31 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tangram
Do you still need a job offer for Fed Skilled Worker ? I must admit it is so long since I looked at it I wouldn't know.
Not on the route they are applying.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 6:40 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

I suppose you wouldn't be surprised if you got a ear full on here, on the bus, off the bus, on the bus - maybe! You are begining to sound like an attention seeking troll. You know the score with the timelines, you know you can go there in about 4/5 years time assuming you get PR. Just get on with it. Spend the £5k getting PR and initiating the visa, then decide.

Now, are you absolutely sure this time? On second thoughts, don't bother replying, I know you're not. fletch
Old Mar 21st 2012, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JENNYMG
we are just wondering if this will we wont we indecision is all part and parcelled of the whole immigration thing!?!?!?
or are there people who from the off stead say we're going and thats that?

i think that when kids are involved it becomes less straight forward or plain cut and doubts seep in making the deciion harder and harder.

Thats certainly happeed in our case

We are less blaze / gung ho about it nowadys since the kid (s)

Last edited by alcat2010; Mar 21st 2012 at 6:52 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fletcher m
I suppose you wouldn't be surprised if you got a ear full on here, on the bus, off the bus, on the bus - maybe! You are begining to sound like an attention seeking troll. You know the score with the timelines, you know you can go there in about 4/5 years time assuming you get PR. Just get on with it. Spend the £5k getting PR and initiating the visa, then decide.

Now, are you absolutely sure this time? On second thoughts, don't bother replying, I know you're not. fletch
Haha, I know. and I'm expecting a few tut tuts

But aye, final decision is to try again this year.

Another reason why we wavered I feel is due to my wife expecting baby no.2 in less than 2 weeks, she / we were 'nesting' a little.. we wanted a solution to our temporary and unsettled feeling ...

But having swayed back and forward, after admitting we CAN provide a stable uprbringing for our kids here.. We still agree that OVERALL, the future opportunities and the environment in which they are raised (outside the home) is 'better'... ?
(I know the whole is it better debate is one really without an answer, but we shall see..)
Old Mar 21st 2012, 8:01 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, I know. and I'm expecting a few tut tuts

But aye, final decision is to try again this year.

Another reason why we wavered I feel is due to my wife expecting baby no.2 in less than 2 weeks, she / we were 'nesting' a little.. we wanted a solution to our temporary and unsettled feeling ...

But having swayed back and forward, after admitting we CAN provide a stable uprbringing for our kids here.. We still agree that OVERALL, the future opportunities and the environment in which they are raised (outside the home) is 'better'... ?
(I know the whole is it better debate is one really without an answer, but we shall see..)
I think if you are approaching this by swinging back and fore, at least your giving it some thoughts to both the pluses and minuses.. Which many end up doing in the MBTUK forum when it has become an expensive mistake..
At this stage in the game it doesn’t cost much more than reputation on an internet forum, something I’d consider sacrificing in order to be sure that I didn’t make a costly mistake..

And to be honest having a good reputation on a forum populated by the deluded, naïve and the dumb all happily wasting bandwidth, isn’t all it’s cracked up to be…

granted there are few that could be considered worth listing to on here, but they can be hard to find in all the noise, I’d name them but I don’t want to stroke their egos…
Old Mar 21st 2012, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikeUK
At this stage in the game it doesn’t cost much more than reputation on an internet forum, something I’d consider sacrificing in order to be sure that I didn’t make a costly mistake..

And to be honest having a good reputation on a forum populated by the deluded, naïve and the dumb all happily wasting bandwidth, isn’t all it’s cracked up to be…

granted there are few that could be considered worth listing to on here, but they can be hard to find in all the noise, I’d name them but I don’t want to stroke their egos…
I do like to hear peoples opinions, especially the ones with similar experiences. Can honestly say though I couldn't care less what my 'reputation' is on a computer forum..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.