Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

I would give them a call. There should be a contact name and phone number on one of there e-mails.
Good luck
Old Jul 12th 2011, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

At least you have an email.....we still have not received anything to say whether they even received the application or not. As GC44 says, send them a reminder and see how that goes. Good luck.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

you can calculate about 2 months for decision...maybe with vacation time even a bit longer. If someone emailed you for more specific questions, you are already a step ahead (if you answered those questions right). You have an email address where you can send an email asking about how long would decision take (as you would like to plan your visit for a certain time?)
Old Aug 28th 2011, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

NostalgiaLava is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also interested in the mpnp strategic initiative program. I qualify in all the main criteria they mention for exploratory visit. What I would like to ask is if anyone has tried sending the email before and if so what documents other than cvs I should include. I have all documents required for a pr in skilled worker but I just don't want to overdo it. I hope Manitobian member can give us some advice. The only thing I am not sure of is the adaptability section where they mention two things funds and support of community. How can I get in contact with support groups for such support? And is it totally required? Because the main criteria does not mention it.

Thx for the info in advance!
Old Aug 28th 2011, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Hey NostalgiaLava,
no need to send other documents in than the cv's when asking for exploratory visit...unless you have a document you find might be decisive giving you the ok for the exploratory visit (which could be something like an invitation letter either from an employer or a community or a private contact...or it could be something showing your research into job possibilities and your employability...but nothing of this is required really beforehand).
You will need to take care though when writing your email to MPNP to include explainations to all criterias you need for the exploratory visit. Make sure you show how much research and effort you put into discovering MB and its possibility for employment/lifestyle beforehand. Make sure you mention that you have sufficient funds (no proof needed yet), make sure if you have family, that you mention as well your partners employability. Make sure you mention WHY do you think MB will be your permanent home and what attracts you to it.
as to the adaptability...well, funds are logic. Community support you should strive as well for as this is what the exploratory visit itself is about: Connecting with a community/region, finding out about what it is about...how would you do that without contact?
Again, lot of possibilities to do that (unless you plan to stay in Winnipeg, they are somewhat harder to catch, due to volume of ppl): have a look at the MB immigrate website: left hand side bar, click on "choose MB" then "live in MB", then "regional communities", a map pops up, click on "cities and communities" in upper right hand side bar (ok, it's a mistery to me, why they hide it behind so many clicks)...and voila, you have all region/communities, who work at the moment with MB Labor and Immigration to attract and retain new immigrants. click on Rossburn and you find your way to me. Often enough if you send the communities an email with specific request, they will get to you and connection have started (be aware, not all of them have the same level of interest..not all work really with the strategic program).

Some of us have also regional websites, think most of them you can find under settlement services (www.parklandimmigration.ca is for our region..we will be listed shortly as settlement service as well, just got officially recognized with August 1st).

so lots of possibilities to get contacts beforehand. You are right, it is not directly in the criterias for exploratory visit....but as every decision if to grant or not an exploratory visit get's measured among others on the potential of longterm stay in MB, connections are seen as very valuable.

yikes.. and here I just wanted to answer rather fast and short

Ilse
Old Aug 29th 2011, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Thank you slot for your reply! Having someone to answer my questions is for sure much better than being on my own. I actually did see your community website before you provided and it amazed me how beautiful the place is there! I agree with you and expect that Winnipeg community service would be too busy to answer my email as I expect most of people would go to them. However, the thing that I am also taking into consideration is that during my research, I found that most jobs for me and my partner are easier to find in Winnipeg. I currently work as a training and technical support manager in industrial automation software. I also have project management experience and vocal training experience for adults in technical and engineering field. My husband is a recruitment consultant with a masters in hr. Not also to mention that I believe it would be easier at the beginning to be living near our work place until we develop the knak edge for the country. Currently, I have no idea if it is common for people to live outside Winnipeg and commute there for work! Is that possible? Would it cause extra cost? Does one need car or public transport available? Would appreciate if you provide me your opinion. One note also, w have a 1 year old baby girl and I have also to look for baby care near work place. Though think if we proceed and we were allowed to go there, she would be almost going to school then. I am giving the whole process almost two years or is this faster than normal streams?

Thx in advance.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

yes agree, your jobs are most likely to be found in the city. And glad you liked our area.. tourists are welcome here too .

Think it is pretty common for ppl to commute. As the North End of the City doesn't have that good reputation...suggesting to look at bedroom communities south of the city (although Selkirk isn't suppose to be bad either).
There might be others here that do live in the city and have a different opinion but I wouldn't want to rely on public transportation only. If you are living out of the city, you will need a car for sure.
Daycare might be a bit of a challenge to find within Wpg, but I am running on rumors here...hoping someone within Wpg can answer this better.

Strategic stream timelines are at the moment: 2 month give or take to be approved for visit. If you have all your documents ready, you can hand them in at the end of a positive interview. Takes about 4-5 months for processing time of PNP. After that you can either find a job and apply for WP (w/o LMO) while applying at the same time for PR...or you can apply for PR and wait until approved (timeline London is at the moment 13 months)..in that case it gets you closer to the 2 years.

and...it is not impossible to be approved for strategic stream with the idea of staying in Wpg...just a bit more challenging (try to connect to immigration centre on Adelaide street ...maybe they can give you hints...although they are more for settlement, once you arrive, responsible). Your job specifics might be good enough to get you granted for Wpg..honestly I don't know. But if you can show them some job openings in Wpg saying this is why I believe I am employable...maybe it does the trick? Keep me posted.

Ilse
Old Aug 31st 2011, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

thank you!

i started some communication channels with the center you provided and manitoba engineers accredation body. i will wait for the center reply and based on that i will decide what tow rite in my email. i will keep you posted. i just wanted to know if you know whether the startegic initiative is successfull. the reason i ask is that i couldn't find any posting online about people succeeding down that path. though, for me, it looks very straight forward if one reads all the requirements and do a thorough research and spend enough time wirting the cover letter.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hi Im new to the site but have been reading it for a very long time. I have applied for an exploratory visit under the MPNP and had also for the Berlin event. I did not get the Berlin event however did get a reply saying i could try for the exploratory visit. I first applied in May, then for the Berlin event in June, then resent my details - resume etc to an officer called Markus Chambers in June and I probably shouldnt have but sent a reminder/query on my application in July and Markus sent a polite reply and copied it to another officer called Sarah Graham Leon. Now i am waiting for a reply on whether the visit will be granted. I am hoping to go in September as thats when my leave from work is, however its very close now and I am not sure whether to make contact again with them or just push my leave from work back a bit. The process was easy so far, I just sent my resume, some certificates, a personal statement and covering letter. The reply had said that they were overwhelmed with applications. Any advice on this and the MPNP would be very much appreciated. Im really hoping to get the exploratory visit but just dont know if its possible to do anything more or how long it will take?
Old Aug 31st 2011, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Good to hear someone got positive feedback! Not to intrude, but would appreciate if you can let me know what is your assessed occupation and to which community you applied? Just trying to understand how the assessing officer considers.

Thx
Old Aug 31st 2011, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

hi, nice to her from you. Im not sure if its positive to be honest, i havent had them agree my exploratory visit yet, just hoping. Im not really sure what you mean, however my occupation is Prison Officer and when I applied I said that I was interested in living outside Winnipeg Perimeter highway but in a location near enough to a correctional facility such as Stony Mountain or Headingley as those are the two facilities i am interested in looking for work in. I have read that it is difficult to get this type of work but if they agree my visit I will attempt to go to the facilities for a visit with a view to comparing their work with ours in the UK. Have you applied or heard of anyone getting an exploratory visit agreed yet? Im sorry I dont know very much about all of this, im hoping to find out more also.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

I only read one success story online but could not find more. If I do get. My hands on any such news I will. Let you know.

Thx
Old Aug 31st 2011, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you. If i hear any more i will let you know also. I am hoping someone can give me some more advice on this process also. Good luck with your application.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

@ violets are blue: my suggestion, email Sarah directly, tell her exactly what you said here...that you had hoped to come in September (give them the exact time) due to leave time then. Unless they are totally overwhelmed with interviews, they will try to fit you in...I haven't seen it differently yet.

@Nostalgia: I know alone 11 ppl at least who have applied, gotten their interview and not one failed yet (3 visits are happening now Sept/Oct). The officers are very helpful, once you have passed the front desk.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

I am writing the email today. I am so excited!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.