Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Aug 14th 2012, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by MBdream
Dear Manitobain, here's the link --- http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how...ment-missions/

I've sent them follow-up email and replied me that they have extremely limited resources for this brief visit, and they will continue to screen and schedule perspective attendees...so I guess, I need to wait for couple more days whether I will be invited to join or not...what I can do now is to cross my fingers and hope for positive response

on the other hand, I'm a bit concern that this mission is only for chinese nationals
thanks...trying to follow up on this (shakes her head in her mind, why would they take on more missions, if they are so scarce on resources?..political pressure?)
Old Aug 14th 2012, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manitobain
thanks...trying to follow up on this (shakes her head in her mind, why would they take on more missions, if they are so scarce on resources?..political pressure?)
10 points presumably and/or/in addition :

The right hand doesn`t know what the left is doing.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Political pressure I suppose.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

further to this, here what I have been told:

"Employers from Manitoba will travel there to recruit TFWs. We expect and hope that many of these TFWs later make MPNP applications. It is expected that 10 000 people will attend the two day job fair. There was a job fair in March 2012 by the same organizers, and they told us it was attended by 80% Irish nationals and 20% immigrants to Ireland living in Ireland. I don't know if people who do not live in Ireland could attend, but I don't see why not. For more information about the job fair, visit http://www.workingabroad.net/expo/dublin.html. "

I wasn't given any more info on the Shanghai mission, other that they will do interviews and handle them under the strategic stream, while Ireland is strictly a job fair. But because it is rather a political mission (it was added as an afterthought to a Minister meeting), I assume it will only be for citizens.

As good as it gets from my end
Old Aug 14th 2012, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

Milano97 is an unknown quantity at this point

@All- Many thanks for your wishes. Best of luck to all. I am sure that you will here soon from Immigration department.
ciao
Old Aug 15th 2012, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

forourfuture is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Manitobain,

Do you mean this event is just for Chinese citizens/ nationality only?

Cheers,

"I wasn't given any more info on the Shanghai mission, other that they will do interviews and handle them under the strategic stream, while Ireland is strictly a job fair. But because it is rather a political mission (it was added as an afterthought to a Minister meeting), I assume it will only be for citizens.

Old Aug 15th 2012, 5:32 am
Just Joined

proreo is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

"Employers from Manitoba will travel there to recruit TFWs. We expect and hope that many of these TFWs later make MPNP applications. It is expected that 10 000 people will attend the two day job fair. There was a job fair in March 2012 by the same organizers, and they told us it was attended by 80% Irish nationals and 20% immigrants to Ireland living in Ireland. I don't know if people who do not live in Ireland could attend, but I don't see why not. For more information about the job fair, visit http://www.workingabroad.net/expo/dublin.html. "

thanks
Old Aug 15th 2012, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

FROID is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Milano97
@All- Many thanks for your wishes. Best of luck to all. I am sure that you will here soon from Immigration department.
ciao
Hay Milano, Congratulations
Hope u the best in the next stages
Old Aug 15th 2012, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by forourfuture
Hi Manitobain,

Do you mean this event is just for Chinese citizens/ nationality only?

Cheers,
Yes this is my opinion but I have nothing official on that and don't think I will get. It is a political mission to china (recruitment only being a small part of it) so therefor I think it is geared to china only.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

mtbiker is an unknown quantity at this point

it's sad that the 120 day review period has been expired and we havent heard anything from them.

still keeping the faith and trust in the good Lord.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mtbiker
it's sad that the 120 day review period has been expired and we havent heard anything from them.

still keeping the faith and trust in the good Lord.
hi mtbiker, ..if you waited your 120 days and still havent heard, email by attaching the said email ..pointing nicely out that 120 have passed!

seems lately this is what it takes.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

Gbhachu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Manitobian,

I am wanting to move to Canada with my wife. We're both FSW, My background is in I.T, I am working as a Business Analyst here over In New Zealand, I am a British expat and she is a kiwi. I have been to the website for Manitoba on numerous occassions. It states that you can apply through the strategic program if you have a job offer is this correct? if so, what would be the best way to approach this? I have sent out numerous CV's to prospected employers throughout Manitoba and had ZERO luck so far.

2nd approach is to contact the office a week before you visit Manitoba and speak with a representative, is this also correct? sorry I am new to this and it all feels a bit confusing! Gurraj
Old Aug 19th 2012, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Gbhachu is an unknown quantity at this point

Manitobain* sorry for spelling your name wrong
Old Aug 20th 2012, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gbhachu
Hi Manitobian,

I am wanting to move to Canada with my wife. We're both FSW, My background is in I.T, I am working as a Business Analyst here over In New Zealand, I am a British expat and she is a kiwi. I have been to the website for Manitoba on numerous occassions. It states that you can apply through the strategic program if you have a job offer is this correct? if so, what would be the best way to approach this? I have sent out numerous CV's to prospected employers throughout Manitoba and had ZERO luck so far.

2nd approach is to contact the office a week before you visit Manitoba and speak with a representative, is this also correct? sorry I am new to this and it all feels a bit confusing! Gurraj
yes..confusing...but no, it's not that easy..see my pm to you.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point

yes..confusing...but no, it's not that easy..see my pm to you.
Hi manitobain, it's my 4th month since I submitted my application. I'm worried that maybe I missed some docs or some docs are not good enough for Markus to make a decision? Do you think I should email him asking what's going on? I know Conmar, Dammy and I are in the same shoes, but I just can't help thinking of the worst-case scenatio.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.