Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Best area/city to find the Admin Job

Best area/city to find the Admin Job

Old Apr 21st 2010, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Jackal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best area/city to find the Admin Job

What is the best Province or City to find the job in Canada. I have PR and intend to move sometime next year alone. My current position is Logistical Analyst / Stock Control. I am heavily involved in data bases like Access/SQL and been doing this in two different companies for the last 3.5 years.

Thank you,
Tom
Old Apr 21st 2010, 12:46 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best area/city to find the Admin Job

Originally Posted by Jackal
What is the best Province or City to find the job in Canada. I have PR and intend to move sometime next year alone. My current position is Logistical Analyst / Stock Control. I am heavily involved in data bases like Access/SQL and been doing this in two different companies for the last 3.5 years.

Thank you,
Tom
When you searched the job sites and contacted recruitment agencies in and around the city, town, or general province you wish to live, what did they suggest?

If you're uncertain of where you'd prefer to live, when you searched country wide recruitment sites etc, where did they imply the majority of work available in your field was?
Old Apr 21st 2010, 1:15 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Iqualuit is the administration/stock control capital of Canada. Your SQL skills will make you ideally suited for the Northern lifestyle.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 1:21 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

If for some reason Iqualuit doesn't appeal then somewhere in the GTA would be the obvious spot that would generate the most vacancies to apply for, but because its obvious that means everyone else is looking for jobs there too so perhaps more competition for the available spots...

Most large businesses would have or need someone with your skills, and most towns of a certain size will have one more more of those businesses, all you can really do is keep an open mind and hope you get lucky I guess.