Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Old Feb 25th 2013, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk passport renewal times in the USA

I think my fee cleared on the 14th. Was pending on the 11th so if yours cleared on 13th, I'm slightly behind you.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

ukchick81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wolfpit228
I think my fee cleared on the 14th. Was pending on the 11th so if yours cleared on 13th, I'm slightly behind you.
Hi all
I just received my email from DHL
It says 1 piece I also have supporting documents to come back so im wondering if its them or the passport???
Ill keep you all updated
Old Feb 25th 2013, 9:49 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ukchick81
Hi all
I just received my email from DHL
It says 1 piece I also have supporting documents to come back so im wondering if its them or the passport???
Ill keep you all updated
Don't be surprised if you get your passport first and then your documents..lol. I've heard that's happened to some other people.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Don't be surprised if you get your passport first and then your documents..lol. I've heard that's happened to some other people.
Im really thinking its the supporting docs. I just looked at the email again and its coming from DC. I Think the passport itself comes directly from the UK???
Old Feb 25th 2013, 10:11 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Im really thinking its the supporting docs. I just looked at the email again and its coming from DC. I Think the passport itself comes directly from the UK???
Yep, the passport comes from the UK and the docs from DC, and who knows (fingers crossed) you'll get the docs and a day or so later - the passport..lol
Old Feb 25th 2013, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Yep, the passport comes from the UK and the docs from DC, and who knows (fingers crossed) you'll get the docs and a day or so later - the passport..lol
I really hope so!!!!
Old Feb 26th 2013, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff. It's pretty quick eh.
I've not had an email. My timelines similar so maybe ill get one today or tomorrow. I'm hoping so.

Anyone know if I'm right in saying that if there was a problem with the renewal app. Such as photos etc- the fee in full wouldn't have been taken, or I'd have at least been contacted by now?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Good stuff. It's pretty quick eh.
I've not had an email. My timelines similar so maybe ill get one today or tomorrow. I'm hoping so.

Anyone know if I'm right in saying that if there was a problem with the renewal app. Such as photos etc- the fee in full wouldn't have been taken, or I'd have at least been contacted by now?
I would think if for any reason it wasnt excepted that they would have only taken the courier fee...
My email came much later in the day around 2.30 so hopefully you will get one today I did read in a different thread that one lady got her pkg before the email!
Ill keep my that you hear something today
Old Feb 26th 2013, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks ukchick
Old Feb 26th 2013, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Thanks ukchick
Hi wolfpit I just received BOTH!!!! pkgs one with the supporting document and one with my passport!!!! I couldn't believe when the driver had 2 envelopes for me. The email from DHL said one piece from DC nothing about the one from the UK!
Super quick turnaround

Sent passport and docs fedex overnight feb 6th
Feb 7th arrived at embassy
Feb 11th money pending account
Feb 13th money taken from account (amount changed)
Feb 25th received email from DHL pkg coming from DC
Feb 26th BOTH supporting docs and passport arrived
Old Feb 26th 2013, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Fantastic. I just got the email too !!
Old Feb 26th 2013, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

So looking at the most recent timelines the current processing time for renewals is about 20 days, give or take. From mail out - to receiving. Not too shabby at all
Old Feb 26th 2013, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Fantastic. I just got the email too !!
That is AWESOME!!!!
Im really impressed with the speedy turnaround!
Old Feb 26th 2013, 7:53 pm
Long Time Lurker..

hwfd83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi wolfpit I just received BOTH!!!! pkgs one with the supporting document and one with my passport!!!! I couldn't believe when the driver had 2 envelopes for me. The email from DHL said one piece from DC nothing about the one from the UK!
Super quick turnaround

Sent passport and docs fedex overnight feb 6th
Feb 7th arrived at embassy
Feb 11th money pending account
Feb 13th money taken from account (amount changed)
Feb 25th received email from DHL pkg coming from DC
Feb 26th BOTH supporting docs and passport arrived
Thats great!

** Took out the question, delivery driver called to ask how to find my house.

Last edited by hwfd83; Feb 26th 2013 at 7:57 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hwfd83
Thats great! Just a question, did DHL deliver or was it handed over to USPS/FedEx/UPS?
DHL delivered both

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.