Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Old Feb 12th 2013, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Sent mine in 18-Jan, money taken 24-Jan, passport received 05-Feb.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 2:15 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lottie
Sent mine in 18-Jan, money taken 24-Jan, passport received 05-Feb.
That is good going!

Perhaps a MODERATOR can turn this into a 2013 PP timeline thread?
Old Feb 12th 2013, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Wolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea. This is a great resource and people are so helpful
Thanks for your info too Lottie
Old Feb 12th 2013, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Wolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond repute

For any others :

Passport renewal Fed Ex'd : Jan 7th 2013
Passport delivered : Jan 8th 2013
Money debited :
New passport delivered :
Old Feb 12th 2013, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

NBRettie is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent in my application for my first British passport to receive dual citizenship, by descent from my father. I was born and raised in the US and have a US passport which i sent in along with my application, here is the time line so far

Application type: First time, adult, citizenship by descent
Sent: Jan 22, 2013
Received: Jan 25, 2013(by British Embassy in Washington D.C.
Payment charged: Feb 2, 2013
Original document returned: Still Waiting
New Passport received: Still Waiting

I hope this is the correct thread to be posting it in, I have been following the timeline thread on this website as well as another one on immigration boards(dot)com

Cant seem to find many current posts about others sending in first time passport applications for receiving british citizenship for dual citizenship.

Will update when i receive my documents and new passport, hopeful soon!!

Thanks
Nick
Old Feb 12th 2013, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Well some good news today is that the funds have been debited from my account

Money debited : Jan 12th 2013
New passport delivered :
Old Feb 12th 2013, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

Will be doing this soon for my daughter's passport. She is almost 5 and her "baby passport" is about to expire.

Just to double check... My understanding is that it's ok to use US size photos but you don't try to crop them to UK size, they do that.

Also, what if we don't renew her UK passport, can she travel to Europe (Sweden, UK, Germany) on her US one? Has anyone with dual citizenships done this? I know we couldn't do the opposite as if you are a US citizen you must use a US passport to enter the USA.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

Last edited by slummymummy; Feb 12th 2013 at 6:35 pm. Reason: wrong thread! sorry
Old Feb 12th 2013, 8:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slummymummy
Just to double check... My understanding is that it's ok to use US size photos but you don't try to crop them to UK size, they do that.

Also, what if we don't renew her UK passport, can she travel to Europe (Sweden, UK, Germany) on her US one? Has anyone with dual citizenships done this? I know we couldn't do the opposite as if you are a US citizen you must use a US passport to enter the USA.
To the first bit, yup.

To the second bit, yup. As long as the passport you use is fit for purpose you're all set, so for a holiday where you wouldn't need a visa using a US passport, you're set. You only really need a UK passport if you were to settle in the UK or were to work or stay long than 6 months etc.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a nerve wracking experience with this two years ago. It took 8 weeks and was delivered on the day of my flight after my begging the wonderful British Consul official Dean to intervene. Bless him he did...wonder why doesn't post anymore?
Old Feb 12th 2013, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you Bob, very helpful! So, we probably won't renew her UK passport. That doesn't mean she's not a UK citizen anymore. Obviously. And she can still get one later on if needed.

Good luck to the rest of you...

I saw somewhere that Dean is still around but he is busy so doesn't have much time for this anymore. That might have been old though, not sure.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wolfpit228
Well some good news today is that the funds have been debited from my account

Money debited : Jan 12th 2013
New passport delivered :
Apologies for being 'that guy' but you mean February, don't you?
This is a helpful thread though as I'm sending my renewal application next week!
Old Feb 12th 2013, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

No I'm glad you told me thanks. You're right ! Ill amend it!
Old Feb 12th 2013, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Passport renewal Fed Ex'd : Feb7th 2013
Passport delivered : Feb 8th 2013
Money debited : Feb 12th 2013
New passport delivered :
Old Feb 12th 2013, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wolfpit228
Passport renewal Fed Ex'd : Feb7th 2013
Passport delivered : Feb 8th 2013
Money debited : Feb 12th 2013
New passport delivered :
Out of curiosity did they debit both the renewal fee and the delivery fee at the same time or just the $211?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.