Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Air Fares London - Goa

Air Fares London - Goa

Old May 13th 2012, 6:20 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Air Fares London - Goa

Looking at airfares to Goa for November - March, all are coming up between £744 - £804 anybody found any cheaper?
Old May 13th 2012, 7:08 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air Fares London - Goa

Crazy innit?

Been looking at London - Phuket with Qatar................. (Heathrow- Doha - Phuket) in Oct/Nov and getting loads of £590ish.

So why so much?

Especially as its a lot further and cheaper when you get there?
Old May 13th 2012, 7:25 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Air Fares London - Goa

Originally Posted by noni
Looking at airfares to Goa for November - March, all are coming up between £744 - £804 anybody found any cheaper?
Have you tried Etihad? Allegedly they have got a sale on & Manchester to Mumbai is available for £472 + about £50 to £70 for Mumbai to Diabolical Dabolim return.

Regards

H.

Last edited by hemingway; May 13th 2012 at 7:26 pm. Reason: John Smiths's. . . . . . . . . .
Old May 13th 2012, 7:39 pm
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnny five
Crazy innit?

Been looking at London - Phuket with Qatar................. (Heathrow- Doha - Phuket) in Oct/Nov and getting loads of £590ish.

So why so much?

Especially as its a lot further and cheaper when you get there?
Maybe not cheaper when you get there, but better value.
Old May 13th 2012, 7:54 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stevebenaulim
Maybe not cheaper when you get there, but better value.
A friend returned from Tunisia last week saying it was "as cheap as chips": £1.10 for a beer & £7.00 for a fillet steak - not bloody cheap in my opinion.

Regards

H.
Old May 13th 2012, 8:13 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

HEM - they are £515 - LHR to Mumbai. Anybody been on this airline, how do they compare to Jet, etc?
Old May 13th 2012, 8:22 pm
I love apathy!

HEM - they are £515 - LHR to Mumbai. Anybody been on this airline, how do they compare to Jet, etc?
They are allegedly the Qatar of a couple of years ago: best in class service, young fleet of aircraft etc etc.

The sovereign wealth fund of Abu Dhabi has spent £800 MILLION on Manchester City football club & apparently this represents ONE QUARTER of ONE PERCENT of ALL THER OVERSEAS INVESTMENTS: think about it, do the math.

Regards

H.
Old May 13th 2012, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by hemingway
They are allegedly the Qatar of a couple of years ago: best in class service, young fleet of aircraft etc etc.

The sovereign wealth fund of Abu Dhabi has spent £800 MILLION on Manchester City football club & apparently this represents ONE QUARTER of ONE PERCENT of ALL THER OVERSEAS INVESTMENTS: think about it, do the math.

Regards

H.
Thanks for that.
Old May 13th 2012, 9:05 pm
I love apathy!

Thanks for that.
If you have any interest in aviation, what about Emirates?

About 12.45pm ish lunch time, if you are in the Hyde area of Greater Manchester, you can watch the Emirates Airbus A380 come in from the East North East, make a slight right turn (at a distinctive hill just beyond Hyde)' this magnificent double decker of a plane then descens majestically into manchester's Ringway international airport - a proper sight to behold. I'd love to fly on it, just too much pissing about for a short trip to Goa.

Regards

H.
Old May 14th 2012, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

The problems associated with gulf airlines are mostly the return journeys and the long times you have to wait for the second leg of your return flight. Mumbai to either Dubai, Doha or Kuwait City is OK,but its the second part where you might have problems.I am writing from my own experiences in getting flights to London, so the service to say Manchester might be better.Always check passengers experiences on various web sites.I was once scheduled to fly out of Mumbai via Dubai to London with an hours wait in Dubai. Turned in to 8 hour wait because of over booking by Emirates.The airport was full of Haj pilgrims who had managed to transform the toilet into an indoor swimming pool.Lots of fat Hajis running round dressed in sheets as if going to a Halloween Party.
Old May 14th 2012, 8:37 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Kuwait always used to be a short wait for the flight to London.

.Lots of fat Hajis running round dressed in sheets as if going to a Halloween Party.
The airport was full of Scotsmen?

Old May 14th 2012, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Check Jets own website on a daily basis and twice a day.

Booking well in advance these days is definitely not the cheapest way.

On the day my visa was ready for collection I checked the price of Jet in the morning....London/goa via mumbai! £470! EEK!

got home from collecting visa at 3pm...straight onto Jets website to book flight and price dropped back to £350 london /Goa for 3 days later and 46 kg of luggage!

Just doing random searches on random dates today during various power cuts I could have done a Goa/london via mumbai in October for just over 20,000rs.

Prices for Nov with Jet have not yet been discounted..still sitting at £500.56 1 way!

Be patient and wait Noni!
Old May 15th 2012, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Air Fares London - Goa

Originally Posted by msj5

On the day my visa was ready for collection I checked the price of Jet in the morning....London/goa via mumbai! £470! EEK!

got home from collecting visa at 3pm...straight onto Jets website to book flight and price dropped back to £350 london /Goa for 3 days later and 46 kg of luggage!

Just doing random searches on random dates today during various power cuts I could have done a Goa/london via mumbai in October for just over 20,000rs.

Prices for Nov with Jet have not yet been discounted..still sitting at £500.56 1 way!

What about end of September or early October? Is it still worth hanging on and being someone who likes everything orgamised well in advance I would find it difficult to do just in case they had nothing available and we would then be stuck in England..worse case scenario!
Old May 15th 2012, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
What about end of September or early October? Is it still worth hanging on and being someone who likes everything orgamised well in advance I would find it difficult to do just in case they had nothing available and we would then be stuck in England..worse case scenario!
That is exactly how I feel after the shit time I have been through. Got to have something to look forward to.
Old May 15th 2012, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msj5

Would agree that it is too early to book, you have to keep checking. (Doing that in itself can make the trip seem nearer!!!)

Sept/Oct will be cheaper.

I found last year; booking the main flight with ebookers, and the internal flight with Jet's own site and getting a discount ticket was cheapest (and more flexible) but may be different this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.