Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

How was your stay in Goa!

How was your stay in Goa!

Old Dec 4th 2012, 5:08 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How was your stay in Goa!

Originally Posted by k800mer
We have not had a problem with the wild dogs but we did have a problem with a very large pet dog that was not tied up and frightened my granddaughter by running up and snarling and trying to grab her hand. Luckily my son was able to grab its collar before it managed to bite.
There are far too many dogs being running around, they bark all night and keep producing more. I would not want to say put the stays down but what else can be done, the haphazard way they are collected and doctored has gone on for years but not worked.
I've had a problem with a cow.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 9:09 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
But hasn't the old cow sold up and moved now?

Dread - x
Old Dec 4th 2012, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Tina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to all

She also had a problem with a four legged one, as well!
Old Dec 4th 2012, 9:39 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

The other one was a moose.

Old Dec 4th 2012, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

They presumably can not cull the cows because of religious beliefs but they do need to organise some kind of containment if the cows are attacking people.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 10:50 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

They presumably can not cull the cows because of religious beliefs but they do need to organise some kind of containment if the cows are attacking people.
There is containment available. As you leave Cowandgoat past St Alex church on the road to Mapusa, look to your right and you will see a stray cattle pound built at vast expense (of course most of that went into politicians pockets)

The problem is not "containment" but the will to put anything in it, innit?

Old Dec 4th 2012, 10:52 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
There is containment available. As you leave Cowandgoat past St Alex church on the road to Mapusa, look to your right and you will see a stray cattle pound built at vast expense (of course most of that went into politicians pockets)

The problem is not "containment" but the will to put anything in it, innit?

Daily rate for Elephants as well.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 10:54 am

I was attacked by a cow coming from the beach near the Yorkshire Man. I was terrified, some builders came to my rescue.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

I was attacked by a cow coming from the beach near the Yorkshire Man. I was terrified, some builders came to my rescue.
Cows can be very aggressive at times, people have been killed by them, as a child in Newcastle I grew up near the Town Moor and groups of us used it as our playground and never had any trouble from the cows that roamed there. In the last few years I have read of cows attacking people when they have been walking dogs in fields. Maybe its the hormones they feed them now.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 11:47 am

Cows can be very aggressive at times, people have been killed by them, as a child in Newcastle I grew up near the Town Moor and groups of us used it as our playground and never had any trouble from the cows that roamed there. In the last few years I have read of cows attacking people when they have been walking dogs in fields. Maybe its the hormones they feed them now.
Goan cows are the most aggressive ones I have come across, both animal and human you never know what they are going to do next.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Goan cows are the most aggressive ones I have come across, both animal and human you never know what they are going to do next.
I doubt if Goan cows get hormones in their feed but then they eat all sorts of rubbish which could contain absolutely anything. Having a calf to protect could make them aggressive also, I will be more wary of the cows this time.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:05 pm

I doubt if Goan cows get hormones in their feed but then they eat all sorts of rubbish which could contain absolutely anything. Having a calf to protect could make them aggressive also, I will be more wary of the cows this time.

This one was on its own. Have also seen a herd on the beach being frightened by dogs. Two of the cows broke away and jumped over people sunbathing on their sunbeds.