Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

How was your stay in Goa!

How was your stay in Goa!

Old Oct 31st 2012, 9:51 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How was your stay in Goa!

Originally Posted by Bipat
About to go back to UK. Will return in February.
Mixed stay, sorting out aftermath of burglary, learnt about the thieves calling card (neighbours had kept it from us, and cleaning done). They had been caught (from UP state, went to police station, some lovely things, but none of our stuff there).
Land problem still not settled,
Goa quiet obviously, Benaulim looks a 'dump' now. Discovered Zeebop restaurant at Utorda beach, there is a very useful shower there for after swim. Beach clean and empty, mostly domestic tourists (families) at first, each week more foreigners. Then staying with rels. Now pleased to be going back to UK.
Interesting post 2place.

No comments, just interesting.

This weather is cool, cold is still to come

Old Dec 1st 2012, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Lamplady is an unknown quantity at this point

well we're back from Goa, Fatrade to be precise and LOVED it. Apart from the Russians and the apartment we stayed at packs of stray dogs from the beach kept us awake all night long for a week, till we found a family run guest house for the remaining 4 weeks. The Russians feed the strays and then bring them back to wherever they stay every day after the beach, which made our stay at CJM impossible. Also they are generally rude and unpleasant!
We adored Goa, especially Agonda and will be going again for sure. Such lovely people too. A bit on the hot side but not complaining.
cheers everyone
Old Dec 1st 2012, 4:54 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lamplady
well we're back from Goa, Fatrade to be precise and LOVED it. Apart from the Russians and the apartment we stayed at packs of stray dogs from the beach kept us awake all night long for a week, till we found a family run guest house for the remaining 4 weeks. The Russians feed the strays and then bring them back to wherever they stay every day after the beach, which made our stay at CJM impossible. Also they are generally rude and unpleasant!
We adored Goa, especially Agonda and will be going again for sure. Such lovely people too. A bit on the hot side but not complaining.
cheers everyone
Glad you had a good time Lamplady

I do not like the packs of stray dogs at all .... too many of them and dangerous......Then again some Russians leave a lot to be desired too !!

Dread - x
Old Dec 1st 2012, 6:47 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Glad you had a good time Lamplady

I do not like the packs of stray dogs at all .... too many of them and dangerous......Then again some Russians leave a lot to be desired too !!

Dread - x
They should be rounded up and humanely destroyed, every last one of them......

And the dogs should be neutered and found good homes
Old Dec 1st 2012, 10:19 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five

OMG....you just know who is gonna kick off at this one J5 ???!!!!

Dread - x
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 7:16 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc

OMG....you just know who is gonna kick off at this one J5 ???!!!!

Dread - x
A little bit of Milwart on a christmas visit to BE J5 must have got into the Chritmas spirit having an avatar - time you changed yours now Dread.

Last edited by noni; Dec 2nd 2012 at 7:18 am.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Lamplady is an unknown quantity at this point

Apparently there are too many Brit "do gooders" in Goa who are injecting some dogs against rabies, which I guess is to be applauded in a way, but I doubt they get around to injecting all of the dogs, as there are just too many. Personally I think it's a train crash waiting to happen with the Russians feeding them and letting their small children play and pet them. In the area we were a farmer said she had lost all her small animals as the dogs eat them and they had infected her larger stock with rabies. It's the one aspect of our holiday that somewhat distracted me and I didn't feel comfortable on my own walking the beach. That said, I have to report it was one of the best holidays of my life. Paradise in many ways, with smiley people everywhere, wildlife galore and the food well absolutely fabulous.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Chameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnny five

We NEED a 'like' button!

Old Dec 2nd 2012, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chameleons
We NEED a 'like' button!

But (the reality) where would you ever find enough 'good' homes ? (For the dogs.)
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lamplady
Apparently there are too many Brit "do gooders" in Goa who are injecting some dogs against rabies, which I guess is to be applauded in a way, but I doubt they get around to injecting all of the dogs, as there are just too many. Personally I think it's a train crash waiting to happen with the Russians feeding them and letting their small children play and pet them. In the area we were a farmer said she had lost all her small animals as the dogs eat them and they had infected her larger stock with rabies. It's the one aspect of our holiday that somewhat distracted me and I didn't feel comfortable on my own walking the beach. That said, I have to report it was one of the best holidays of my life. Paradise in many ways, with smiley people everywhere, wildlife galore and the food well absolutely fabulous.
Even a small reduction in the rabies risk is a good thing

Feeding dogs is not a specifically Russian thing
Most dogs in Goa won't let you near enough to pet them - their experience is that humans kick them and throw stones

Very few dogs actually have rabies - and 'larger' non-carnivorous animals can't carry rabies (though they will die of it)

All the packs of stray dogs and cattle should just be killed - Maneka Gandhi has way too much influence with her barmpot notions - yet another example of the Nehru family hegemony.

AndyD 8-)
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 3:28 pm
Banned

Saw this on another forum........

A (wealthy) friend and wife returned from Goa today. Stayed at the mega-buck 7star Leela Kempinsky at Cavellossim, rs350 for a beer, God knows how much the room cost, and their spending money for a week was £1200......... said they are wealthy!

This was their first visit to Goa and their strongest memories were garbage (especially on the beaches)...........and this expensive hotel being full of BRAWLING, and bawling, Russians.

They assumed that at the 7 star prices these were not "ordinary" Russians?

Old Dec 2nd 2012, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d

Most dogs in Goa won't let you near enough to pet them - their experience is that humans kick them and throw stones

Very few dogs actually have rabies - and 'larger' non-carnivorous animals can't carry rabies (though they will die of it)

All the packs of stray dogs and cattle should just be killed - Maneka Gandhi has way too much influence with her barmpot notions - yet another example of the Nehru family hegemony.

AndyD 8-)
She 'fell out' with the family some time ago. Her animal website has an "ask Maneka questions" address, I have sent several e-mails about Goan dogs but yet to receive any answer.
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

she was arrested on corruption charges two years ago in relation to one of her "pet " charities.......she is not a Ghandi as far as i know but married a minor one.
The Ghandis have never been good for India anyway and that includes the first one too.
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
she was arrested on corruption charges two years ago in relation to one of her "pet " charities.......she is not a Ghandi as far as i know but married a minor one.
The Ghandis have never been good for India anyway and that includes the first one too.
She was married to Sanjay Gandhi. Sanjay, before his early death, was tipped to succeed his mother Indira as leader of Congress. So not "minor".

I believe the corruption charges were dropped. Accusing your opponents of corruption is a 'form of corruption' in Indian politics.
Regardless of Maneka's many shortcomings she is the only politician to have done anything for animal welfare and that in spite of the opposition from Congress.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by a_f_d

AndyD 8-)
We have not had a problem with the wild dogs but we did have a problem with a very large pet dog that was not tied up and frightened my granddaughter by running up and snarling and trying to grab her hand. Luckily my son was able to grab its collar before it managed to bite.
There are far too many dogs being running around, they bark all night and keep producing more. I would not want to say put the stays down but what else can be done, the haphazard way they are collected and doctored has gone on for years but not worked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.