Packet 3 forms

Old Apr 9th 2011, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

nmoon83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Packet 3 forms

Just trying to clarify some information.

I have recieved the packet 3 (or really links to website! lol)

ok regarding the forms from what im gathering (interview posts) I dont sign any of these forms?

DS-230 do I have to send part 2 (uncompleted) with part 1? or will they do that part at the embassy?

DS-156 and other barcody type stuff can i just print out 2 identical forms with the same identical barcode? or do i have to fill out 1 forms and then fill out another to generate 2 different barcodes?

Thank you
Old Apr 9th 2011, 5:59 pm
Badger Badger Badger

Malashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Packet 3 forms

Any forms I needed 2 of I just printed 2 copies.

Is this for a K-1? If so 9as I assume) then you don't fill in DS230 Pt II at all. Check the form instructions for what to sign, if it doesn't tell you not to you should. If I remember correctly it's the DS156 you don't sign. I'm sure one of the others here will confirm this soon.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you as im filling out the 156 today the other bit of info can wait ... 2 identical forms it is then! (pressing print now x2)

And yes very bad of me i meant K1 visa
Old Apr 9th 2011, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nmoon83
Just trying to clarify some information.

I have recieved the packet 3 (or really links to website! lol)

ok regarding the forms from what im gathering (interview posts) I dont sign any of these forms?

DS-230 do I have to send part 2 (uncompleted) with part 1? or will they do that part at the embassy?

DS-156 and other barcody type stuff can i just print out 2 identical forms with the same identical barcode? or do i have to fill out 1 forms and then fill out another to generate 2 different barcodes?

Thank you
Hi

At my interview on thursday the woman behind the glass asked me most of the questions on DS-230 part 2. I didn't send part 2 in with my packet 3 at all. and it was only the DS-156 and 156K which i sent off not signed. I signed them at the interview.
hope that helps and good luck
Lx
Old Apr 9th 2011, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BubbleChog
Hi

At my interview on thursday the woman behind the glass asked me most of the questions on DS-230 part 2. I didn't send part 2 in with my packet 3 at all. and it was only the DS-156 and 156K which i sent off not signed. I signed them at the interview.
hope that helps and good luck
Lx
I read your interview process and its helped me alot.
Waht happens on ds156 if u cant fit the amount of trips to the US in the space provided?
I see there used to be an additional space I guess ill just have to take that as extra to the interview or as an extra to be attached to the forms.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nmoon83
I read your interview process and its helped me alot.
Waht happens on ds156 if u cant fit the amount of trips to the US in the space provided?
I see there used to be an additional space I guess ill just have to take that as extra to the interview or as an extra to be attached to the forms.
I did an excel sheet with my extra info on for Questions 32- employment 33- schools and 35 previous trips becausee then I could layout the answers in columns exactly as on the form with title above each table saying the question number and question
I attached the printout of the sheet to my form when I sent back all the packet 3
Lx
Old Apr 9th 2011, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

DS-230, part 1 (1 copy) (Sign it) That means only page 1-2. K1s do not need p.3-4
DS-156 (2 copies) (Sign it) It generates a barcode when you print it.
DS-156K (1 copy) (Do Not sign it) You sign at the interview in front of the officer. It’s an oath.
DS-157 (2 copies) (No signature)

Print 2 copies of the barcoded DS156, or lay one on a copier to copy it. No need to start over. The barcode is a summary of your info that can be scanned for instant data entry. If you notice an error, and want to fix an entry, you have to generate the barcode again to get your edits into the barcode. The two copies you take should be identical.