Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Sicily living - Trapani region

Sicily living - Trapani region

Old Apr 13th 2010, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

kmarval is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Sicily living - Trapani region

My husband has been based out of Trapani airport in Sicily. Along with our 5 month old we are planning to rent an apartment within 30 minutes of Trapani (which is on the west coast, north of Marsala) Does anyone know of any agents that deal with long term lets in that area. Or does anone know of any areas with good local amenties, beach, nice residence?

Any advice on Sicily living greatly appreciated. How to find good accommodation, location etc, baby equipment purchases !

Many thanks
Old Apr 14th 2010, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sicily living - Trapani region

welcome to the forum kmarval I'm up in the north but I'm sure someone will come along sooner or later with some tips for you.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

selinuntina is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kmarval
My husband has been based out of Trapani airport in Sicily. Along with our 5 month old we are planning to rent an apartment within 30 minutes of Trapani (which is on the west coast, north of Marsala) Does anyone know of any agents that deal with long term lets in that area. Or does anone know of any areas with good local amenties, beach, nice residence?

Any advice on Sicily living greatly appreciated. How to find good accommodation, location etc, baby equipment purchases !

Many thanks
Ciao !
We lived in Marinella until Nov 08, thats further down the coast from Trapani, towards Mazara. I don't know of any agents, we have a house that we are making available for rent but only short term and its about 3/4 hour away from airport. I'm not very knowledgeable about the other areas but I did work in Marsala for a while and thought it was a very pretty town. I used to get the train from Castelvetrano and there was a beautiful residence just on the coast that had a playground in, always thought it looked a nice place to live, sorry but I have a really bad memory and cannot remember the area, although it was before getting to Marsala !!!
I have a friend who lives in Strassati and thats by the sea with a close knit community.
As for baby equipment I would get most of it in UK and transport it over ! Baby clothes and baby stuff is very expensive in Sicily. BTW when u rent a place be mindful you will probably have to provide ur own kitchen, something that astounded me !!!!
If you have any more questions let me know and in the meantime I'll see if I can find any info on letting agents in the area for you.
Take care
Old Apr 19th 2010, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

selinuntina is on a distinguished road

Try these :
http://www.affittoappartamentomarsala.com/
http://www.risorseimmobiliari.it/com...sa_marsala.asp
HTH
Old Apr 21st 2010, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

kmarval is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much for your replies....really useful. Just need to get out there now !!!!