GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:33 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Originally Posted by powerhouse
I'm in New barnet ( nth London) and that's much quiter than normal, my daughter works in Holloway and the journey is taking a good 10 minutes less than normal.

I shall be adding to the traffic congestion in Candolim from next Wednesday.

Enjoy your self, and please do not beat up the lifeguards, and give us dregs a bad name. It is now the local tourists who are causing trouble - again
Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Mick and Sue is an unknown quantity at this point

We are off to goa next week, I shall be packing coffee, flora, cheese, I even take a couple of bottles of wine, I can't stand their excuse for wine out there.

I understood that you could not take dairy products out with you - don't we have to sign on the immigration form that we are not carrying any? - I always used to take a carton of long life milk for the much needed cup of tea when you first arrive but noticed this and thought better of it. Especially after the gentleman who had alot of travellers cheques was picked up going in in October 2007 and was arrested.

Sue
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

Re bottles of wine - bring a box then you won't have to carry the heavy glass bottles - sure you will be able to drink the box - if not you can leave it at my place
Our son came through customs with his Vegan food products, soya cheese etc, and plenty of stuff for us.
A friends friends brought him cheese, bacon, sausage etc (the usual) a couple of weeks ago and everybody seems to do it.
Will have a look elsewhere to find out what you sign - was talking about this a few weeks ago but forgot what was said. Senior moment again.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by emsirrah
Re bottles of wine - bring a box then you won't have to carry the heavy glass bottles - sure you will be able to drink the box - if not you can leave it at my place
Our son came through customs with his Vegan food products, soya cheese etc, and plenty of stuff for us.
A friends friends brought him cheese, bacon, sausage etc (the usual) a couple of weeks ago and everybody seems to do it.
Will have a look elsewhere to find out what you sign - was talking about this a few weeks ago but forgot what was said. Senior moment again.
It is a box you have to tick on the immigration form (have a copy at home will look properly later). Also when we landed I am sure that the cabin crew said get rid of any dairy products as you could not take them through, this was only mid march.

Sue
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=emsirrah;7465903]Re bottles of wine - bring a box then you won't have to carry the heavy glass bottles - sure you will be able to drink the box - if not you can leave it at my place

Just picked up on the first paragraph don't drink alot so would bring a box just for you with pleasure - but unfortunatly don't officially come out again until December but hopefully will fit a girlie trip in before then.

Sue
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

powerhouse will become famous soon enoughpowerhouse will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mick and Sue
We are off to goa next week, I shall be packing coffee, flora, cheese, I even take a couple of bottles of wine, I can't stand their excuse for wine out there.

I understood that you could not take dairy products out with you - don't we have to sign on the immigration form that we are not carrying any? - I always used to take a carton of long life milk for the much needed cup of tea when you first arrive but noticed this and thought better of it. Especially after the gentleman who had alot of travellers cheques was picked up going in in October 2007 and was arrested.

Sue

Your probably right I'm sure that you are not allowed to import dairy produce, however I have been doing it for about 10 years and i have not been caught yet. When you can purchase decent cheese, flora (at a reasonable price) & bacon I will buy it locally. I take the wine for the same reason, the local stuff is horrid.
Knowing my luck I will be subjected to a full strip search this time.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:20 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Your probably right I'm sure that you are not allowed to import dairy produce, however I have been doing it for about 10 years and i have not been caught yet. When you can purchase decent cheese, flora (at a reasonable price) & bacon I will buy it locally. I take the wine for the same reason, the local stuff is horrid.

Knowing my luck I will be subjected to a full strip search this time.
Where on earth are you planning on concealing all this cheese, bacon and wine then?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

powerhouse will become famous soon enoughpowerhouse will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by johnny five
Where on earth are you planning on concealing all this cheese, bacon and wine then?
That would be telling!!!
Old Apr 9th 2009, 2:19 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
Well you have mastered the lemon curd, now start making cheese, and breed pigs, with proper bacon on them. Any aromatic duck yet?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by noni
Well you have mastered the lemon curd, now start making cheese, and breed pigs, with proper bacon on them. Any aromatic duck yet?
Well if anyone was to make decent cheese or indeed produce bacon or saussages I would definately recommend them. Where do you get the lemon curd from? i havent had that since i was a child and my mother used to make it.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

Well if anyone was to make decent cheese or indeed produce bacon or saussages I would definately recommend them. Where do you get the lemon curd from? i havent had that since i was a child and my mother used to make it.
J5's better half makes lovely lemon curd in Siolim.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 5:11 pm

It is really yummy : like the honey.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

jagger is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been a avid reader of this site for a long time and feel i must put down my thoughts for the first time.
I first visited Goa 12 years ago and have been every year since then increasing the length of stay each year this year was 12 weeks, but like many others i will never return.
During my visits i have had the good fortune to meet and make friends with some Goans who not to put to finer point on it are in the know. This november i was in Panjim in the resturant of one of these friends when i guy pulls up on a motorbike speaks to him and shoots off my friend informs me the rape case involving the german women and the minsters son will be dropped, what i say, yes its true he says thats one of the ministers goons you will read it in the papers tomorrow or the next day which of course i did.

Ok not to shocking you all might be thinking except he also informed me the german lady and the civil rights laywer had been paid off i questioned him further on this and he replied everyone has a price.
I have many more disturbing stories of corruption that i could fill a book with but its the local taxi, drivers, barbers beach sellars e.c.t. that seem hell bent on a road to ending tourism in Goa.
I for one will not pay the price if its unfair i went for a haircut and shave at the barbers at the junction of the Panjim road in Candolim asked how much 150 rupees came the reply no thanks i said and pointed to the indian guy having a shave and said if my skin was his colour would it be 45 rupees ok the guy said 45 rupees no thanks i said i would rather cut my own throat.
Sure dont mind giving a decent tip but feel they just out to rob the average tourist. Sorry to ramble on but goodbye Goa.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 6:16 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jagger
I have been a avid reader of this site for a long time and feel i must put down my thoughts for the first time.
I first visited Goa 12 years ago and have been every year since then increasing the length of stay each year this year was 12 weeks, but like many others i will never return.
During my visits i have had the good fortune to meet and make friends with some Goans who not to put to finer point on it are in the know. This november i was in Panjim in the resturant of one of these friends when i guy pulls up on a motorbike speaks to him and shoots off my friend informs me the rape case involving the german women and the minsters son will be dropped, what i say, yes its true he says thats one of the ministers goons you will read it in the papers tomorrow or the next day which of course i did.

Ok not to shocking you all might be thinking except he also informed me the german lady and the civil rights laywer had been paid off i questioned him further on this and he replied everyone has a price.
I have many more disturbing stories of corruption that i could fill a book with but its the local taxi, drivers, barbers beach sellars e.c.t. that seem hell bent on a road to ending tourism in Goa.
I for one will not pay the price if its unfair i went for a haircut and shave at the barbers at the junction of the Panjim road in Candolim asked how much 150 rupees came the reply no thanks i said and pointed to the indian guy having a shave and said if my skin was his colour would it be 45 rupees ok the guy said 45 rupees no thanks i said i would rather cut my own throat.
Sure dont mind giving a decent tip but feel they just out to rob the average tourist. Sorry to ramble on but goodbye Goa.
I know its a rare event but............I'm lost for words.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

My OH makes lemon curd in the microwave. He also makes bread but it is difficult to get good bread flour in Goa. Next time I will be taking wholemeal flour in my case (along with my books).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.