Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Old Mar 28th 2009, 2:39 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Originally Posted by annacarna
Agreed Indie has great advice, and others on here have had exp with credit card default or non payment of traffic fines, their input is worth listening too aslo, but at the end of the day, knowing how this place works and how the rules change from day to day, I would say you have to make yr own mind up on how u are going to play things.
I dont get why it seems to be ok to leave without paying your debts.

Isnt that immoral?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

innocuous is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rosebud
Have been terminated recently and my employer wants to cancel my visa. Have a loan with a bank and owe money on credit cards, have been paying the instalments regularly with no default. Now have an opportunity to get a job out side the UAE. If I have my visa cancelled and want to leave would I be stopped at the air port, I intend to repay the loan from overseas. Any comments/help?
check pm
Old Mar 28th 2009, 2:48 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine

Isnt that immoral?
You live in dubai and you still have any sense of morality?

HA!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Isnt that immoral?
And how do you think they can pay off their debts if they've just lost their jobs and haven't found another one?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 4:06 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG
And how do you think they can pay off their debts if they've just lost their jobs and haven't found another one?
And their visa is cancelled and their bank accounts are frozen......
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Isnt that immoral?
I want to see what you do as people mentioned above. No job, frozen bank accounts, payments due in a week, no money left. Will you volunteer for Al Wathba duty? I think not.... show me the morals now!

Edit: I pose another question. Suppose you were working in Waziristan province for a tribal family, gathering wood and slaughtering goats (summer job as a teenager or something). Now suppose you were accused and found guilty of spreading Christianity. You are sentenced to death by slow and painful stoning. Now..... say you had a chance of escape back to your own country. You've just broken the law of the land (or maybe not if its a wrongful conviction, would that change things?). would you still take the opportunity to escape?

Care to think about what you say regarding "morals" when it comes to foreign countries/foreign rules/foreign laws?

Sorry but I have strong feelings about such things. I don't believe UAE law is equitable nor morally correct.

Last edited by AnotherWorld; Mar 28th 2009 at 7:41 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:37 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
I want to see what you do as people mentioned above. No job, frozen bank accounts, payments due in a week, no money left. Will you volunteer for Al Wathba duty? I think not.... show me the morals now!
Chill man, each needs to make their own way,,,,
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Roadking
Chill man, each needs to make their own way,,,,
Heh its fine im chilled and the questions arent really directed at that person, just in general for anyone that might question the practice of doing a runner or the volume of topics covering the issue lately.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Rosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by innocuous
check pm
What is pm that I need to check???
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Rosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant futureRosebud has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by innocuous
Rose, i can confirm you are safe. I think you should listen to Roadking, however now that i know the name of the bank( i was a bit hesitant in asking this before )i will come back to you with more information. bye now
This is what I have learnt so far that happens, stated by someone with similar problem who has already left Dubai. They owed money on C cards only and no personal loans.

1- Once your visa is cancelled a piece of paper/form in Arabic is attached to your passport - Anyone knows what it is?

2- you have to show the same to the immigration officer when departing who in turn will direct you to another desk for handing in the paper for further checks. I guess this is the bottle neck for checking your financial status before you can leave the country.

I think your source of information needs to be re visited/educated on what really happens when you have financial outstanding issues here. News does get around fast especially at the click of a button, it is that simple.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Mischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really nice

Small point... this is what loan/credit card protection insurance is for. I'd assumed from all the people in trouble that this wasn't offered here, but have discovered it is - and it covers you for loss of employment. Why why why wouldn't you take this out knowing the laws over here?!!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Isnt that immoral?
Yes agreed it is but when u lose ur job and the banks don't want to work out repayment schedules, what can these people do.

Unfortunately what has happened though because people have jumped is that the banks are becoming a lot tougher on existing clients, which isnt quite fair.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

This is what I have learnt so far that happens, stated by someone with similar problem who has already left Dubai. They owed money on C cards only and no personal loans.

1- Once your visa is cancelled a piece of paper/form in Arabic is attached to your passport - Anyone knows what it is?

2- you have to show the same to the immigration officer when departing who in turn will direct you to another desk for handing in the paper for further checks. I guess this is the bottle neck for checking your financial status before you can leave the country.

I think your source of information needs to be re visited/educated on what really happens when you have financial outstanding issues here. News does get around fast especially at the click of a button, it is that simple.
I think this pc of paper is the exit paper that needs to be stamped by immigration and then handed back to your PRO who in turn brings it back to your company. If your company doesn't get that pc of paper back from immigration, yr file is not completely finished. Its normal procedure.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by annacarna
I think this pc of paper is the exit paper that needs to be stamped by immigration and then handed back to your PRO who in turn brings it back to your company. If your company doesn't get that pc of paper back from immigration, yr file is not completely finished. Its normal procedure.
Annacarna, thanks for your info which was confirmed by my ex HR manager.

Well I am due to leave Dubai in the near future and shall write from the other side if nothing goes wrong.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

innocuous is an unknown quantity at this point

Annacarna, thanks for your info which was confirmed by my ex HR manager.

Well I am due to leave Dubai in the near future and shall write from the other side if nothing goes wrong.
I know of someone who has travelled to Qatar after cancelling his UAE visa, he owed money on credit cards ( i had already confirmed to you on personal loans) however i will leave this to your wise judgement, nevertheless 'wishing you the very best and a safe journey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.