Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

ami1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa to be cancelled, leaving Dubai......

Originally Posted by jumpedship
Just thought id share my 2 pennies worth,

I was in Dubai for 2 years, my company banked with HSBC so all us staff were setup with personal accounts under the companies office address etc.

The company went bust, they cancelled all our visas, dissolved the company in UAE which in turn cancels all visas for any passports not handed into them for cancellation, they closed down the HSBC company account so HSBC were notified that we were all being made redundant and we were each left to our own means. I did receive 2 copies of a receipt of cancellation printed in arabic which my employer had to keep a copy of.

All of this happened in August 2009, i stayed on in Dubai until December 2009, in that time i flew to London twice, to Kenya once and to India without any problems at immigration, and i heard nothing from my Bank! I had also taken the cancellation sticker out of my passport and was asked at immigration many times if i had a residency visa as it was still in my passport, i would just answer no and say it was cancelled and i was on visit, end of, new visit or exit stamp would be stamped in and id be on my way...

It is now nearly January, i can still login to my HSBC online account, i still have debts, credit card and personal loan and my dubai mobile phone is still active but i have heard nothing from the bank!

Would i risk flying back into Dubai though, probably not as i had a call from my last landlord saying that a couple of locals dressed in local dress came to my old apartment looking for me, holding a piece of paper with arabic writing on it and they kept saying i had cheated them... they pushed past my landlord to see if i was in the apartment and when my landlord threatened to phone the police they quickly left... HSBC did not have my home address as the account was opened using my office address, and i had no other accounts etc so who these guys were or where they came from is a mystery, and not one i want to go and investigate!
hey are you in uk now i have a problem also i bought this business from a russian guy in uae paid him half and he was gonna pay his the balance later but the company had so many debts so i paid his debt now he has got a civil case in court on me its a false case he is lying so much if want to know if i dont go to court case will i get into trouble and if i do go dubai would they put travel ban on my passport and not let me back to uk dont know what to do need some advice
Old Dec 27th 2010, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

ami1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rosebud
Have been terminated recently and my employer wants to cancel my visa. Have a loan with a bank and owe money on credit cards, have been paying the instalments regularly with no default. Now have an opportunity to get a job out side the UAE. If I have my visa cancelled and want to leave would I be stopped at the air port, I intend to repay the loan from overseas. Any comments/help?
hi i just joined this site and i really need advice i have been reading this i bought a company from a guy for an amount paid him half and agreed to pay the other half later in four months as long as his company had no debts but when time come to pay he had so many debts i had to pay them he has now got a civil case in court on me saying i owe him the full balance he is lying for sure i am in uk and cannot attend the case as have been hurt in accident i couldnt make the first date either as was not even aware he emailed me after the date am he has my original passport copy and told me i had travel ban but i had changed my passport as it had expired he told me court put travel ban on but i got home no problems maybe cus of new passport i dont know am just a bit concerned if i dont go to court date will they judge it without my presennce and proofs and when i go dubai seize my passport and dont let me leave i dont know why they have these rules and take our passports please somebody advice am so stressed
Old Dec 29th 2010, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

GuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ami1
hi i just joined this site and i really need advice i have been reading this i bought a company from a guy for an amount paid him half and agreed to pay the other half later in four months as long as his company had no debts but when time come to pay he had so many debts i had to pay them he has now got a civil case in court on me saying i owe him the full balance he is lying for sure i am in uk and cannot attend the case as have been hurt in accident i couldnt make the first date either as was not even aware he emailed me after the date am he has my original passport copy and told me i had travel ban but i had changed my passport as it had expired he told me court put travel ban on but i got home no problems maybe cus of new passport i dont know am just a bit concerned if i dont go to court date will they judge it without my presennce and proofs and when i go dubai seize my passport and dont let me leave i dont know why they have these rules and take our passports please somebody advice am so stressed

.....and breathe..........
Old Dec 29th 2010, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ami1
Old Dec 29th 2010, 3:24 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 30th 2010, 12:13 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Couldn't have said it better