Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Sep 21st 2008, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by Blue_Max
why look for equivalents?
You are in another country. Play the game the way they do.
See one my previous posts about how the Indian businessmen handle such situations, survive, win and laugh all the way to the bank.

On second thoughts, going by your attitude and contempt towards Indians, does the likes of you deserve it?
Point is that Goa did have 'equivalents' that were recognised internationally and conducted their affairs with transparency. Which is why so many FNs are shocked. The past track record of Goan professional conduct was excellent and FNs naturally felt comfortable investing their lifes savings there. There's a parallel in the physical safety and health standards in GOa today versus just 15 years ago. The degeneration is astonishingly rapid and the collusion in falsity so total that it boggles the mind that the perpetration can be so complete. Where is the one courageous Goan with a conscience? (living in London probably)
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:26 pm
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical tourism may take a hit

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
Is this any surprise? When you consider LondonTom's informed "fact" that professionals worth their salt move out of Goa, then why would any profession operating in Goa expect an increase in clientele from overseas? If an FN pays for a property only to find they dont own it, then who owns the dentures the FN paid for, or the metal knee joint?. What's the law on that, and if there isnt one will one be created all of a sudden to suit unknown purposes? If there is one, which so called expert professional is willing to clarify for everyone to know? Or does the FN have to contact LondonTom in LONDON for "inside" know how since everything is a big secret in Goa until money has changed hands.

Serious question - LB and BM - please tell us how we can obtain details of surgeons who are able and efficient in doing lazer eye surgery and knee replacements. What homework do we need to do! We have been advised the Apollo BUT with every thing else going wrong for us FN's perhaps it is best to wear glasses and put up with the pain in the knees.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:28 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Default 15% drop in foreign arrivals anticipated

From today's Navhind times - which seems to be off line more than it is on line these days:

http://www.navhindtimes.com/story.php?story=2008092314

Hemingway.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

UK FCO Travel Advisory Summary has been updated to reflect last weeks Delhi bombings and the dire situation of attacks against Christians in Orissa, Karnataka and Kerala.

But they haven't yet cautioned UK citizens not to travel to India (unless essential), as I understand the Australian and Canadian governments have recently done.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Calangute,Goa (October -May) Pattaya,Thailand (May-Oct)
enfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really nice

Originally Posted by babu1
UK FCO Travel Advisory Summary has been updated to reflect last weeks Delhi bombings and the dire situation of attacks against Christians in Orissa, Karnataka and Kerala.

But they haven't yet cautioned UK citizens not to travel to India (unless essential), as I understand the Australian and Canadian governments have recently done.
Thank Goodness the Australian Cricket Team arrived there today !
First test is on 9th. October, the day we get back to Goa, on the 520 am from Mumbai.
Just hope Tatasky is OK !
Happy Viewing
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 1:42 pm
A little honey

See one my previous posts about how the Indian businessmen handle such situations, survive, win and laugh all the way to the bank.

On second thoughts, going by your attitude and contempt towards Indians, does the likes of you deserve it?
Have you read http://www.oheraldo.in/innerlistsearch.asp

Just type in:-

TOM CAT

ON THE PROWL

it seems as if there is a Babu in the Goan Herald's office
Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:13 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Honey Bee

TOM CAT

ON THE PROWL

In the navhind times to-day. http://www.navhindtimes.com

Article Kingfisher deferred delivery of Air Bus, returned 2 aircraft and 300 employees sacked!!.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:15 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

TOM CAT

ON THE PROWL

Love Tomcat how does he get away with it with the politicians out there - at least they must be able to take it in good part.

or Ding Dong Bell, pussy down the well.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:25 pm
A little honey

Blue
I am looking for an equivalent when looking at eye laser treatment. I know for certain that Indian Dentists have to retrain over here in the Maxifacial depts at the local hospitals. Are there such things as Medical Council BMA.

Yes I may be in another country, but I want assurance before having the treatment.
Please advise how .

Last edited by Honey Bee; Sep 24th 2008 at 9:28 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:27 pm
A little honey

TOM CAT

ON THE PROWL

http://www.goanvoice.org.uk.
Shack owners want timings extended

Any news when the shacks are going up, and if licenses have been given out.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:09 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Default Not Russian Riff-Raff as well?????

Well it looks like I've got competition on the Riff-Raff front from the Ruskies:

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Daily/skins/TOI/navigator.asp?Daily=TOIGO&login=default

Panaji: Airlines have been warned that foreign tourists under the influence of liquor creating a nuisance in the airport could be slapped with a “request to leave” notice. This was told to charter and tour operators by the immigration department of the Goa police. Last year a number of passengers, especially those arriving from Russia, had been found to be inebriated.

Best not have that last Kingfisher & cheese chilly toast for breakfast this year then had I. . . . . . . . . . . .

Hemingway
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Hi Hemingway,

Well that could be good news, Goa may be even emptier this year

I think you would be best sticking to Pepsi MaX... just in case

K-C
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:21 pm
I love apathy!

Originally Posted by Kan-conned
Hi Hemingway,

Well that could be good news, Goa may be even emptier this year

I think you would be best sticking to Pepsi MaX... just in case

K-C
K-C,

I appreciate the advice - just when I was thinking of ordering a London dry gin & tonic or a Blue wkd for 'er indoors' - (god forbid, she won't be happy if shw knew I'd said that). . . . . . . . . . .

Hemingway
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:34 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hemingway
K-C,

I appreciate the advice - just when I was thinking of ordering a London dry gin & tonic or a Blue wkd for 'er indoors' - (god forbid, she won't be happy if shw knew I'd said that). . . . . . . . . . .

Hemingway
London Tom and Blue Max have left the building hence there will be no reply
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by hemingway
K-C,

Hemingway
naughty boy!

And not even a Friday night - Oh! I do miss Remy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.