Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Apr 15th 2014, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

msgd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

[QUOTE=rayyang;11220300]
Originally Posted by msgd

Don't know how it works in Jamaica. But for Canada, you just need to follow their steps to pay fee, add family member then book the appointment. It looks like each country has its own booking system and requirement so not really sure what will happen to your case.

I think your company's attorney should notify you this beforehand. At least the attorney of my new company promised me that they will monitor the status of our visa and I-94 to take appropriate actions - hope that they don't eat their words
thanks rayyang for your thoughts
Old Apr 15th 2014, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jon H
QUESTION 1: What is the processing time in Sydney? My parents booked me flights out with very little leeway... It says on the website 2-3 days for E3 then post out overnight... if I interviewed on Tuesday morning (say 9am), when would I get my passport back? Could I make a flight out of Aus that weekend? (Anybody's specific stories about time would be HUGELY appreciated)
Generally E-3's from Sydney will be issued same day. Add a day or two for postage/courier, and you'll be fine. For my 3x E-3's issued in Sydney, I've never not had my passport in-hand within 24 hours of the interview.

However there is always the chance that things will not go to plan, or that they will decide to do some further investigation on your application for some reason, which could add days or even weeks to the approval. This is rare, but as per the comment from rayyang it does happen. There's not a lot you can do to plan for that, other than making sure that all of your ducks are in a row going in to reduce the chance of something going wrong.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Jon H is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by docnetau
Generally E-3's from Sydney will be issued same day. Add a day or two for postage/courier, and you'll be fine. For my 3x E-3's issued in Sydney, I've never not had my passport in-hand within 24 hours of the interview.
Thanks enormously for this docnetau and also rayyang. These are quite variable times for an E3 wait!

Does anybody else have experience on time from E3 approval to having their passport in their hand from Sydney? (Huge thankyou to anyone else that can help)

Also has anybody received or heard of someone receiving their initial E3 in Paris? Is this feasible?
Old Apr 15th 2014, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

rayyang is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks enormously for this docnetau and also rayyang. These are quite variable times for an E3 wait!

Does anybody else have experience on time from E3 approval to having their passport in their hand from Sydney? (Huge thankyou to anyone else that can help)

Also has anybody received or heard of someone receiving their initial E3 in Paris? Is this feasible?
Why not somewhere in Canada? I saw someone claimed that he/she got the initial E-3 in Ottawa.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

univers_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hoping someone can help me out hereā€¦

My employer has filed the LCA, I'm in Toronto at the moment but it looks like the wait times are around two weeks so hoping to go to another consulate (Montreal only has 1 day wait time).

Is there anything I need to be doing between now and the LCA getting certified? I can't do the DS-160 yet without the approved LCA right?
Old Apr 16th 2014, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by univers_
Hoping someone can help me out hereā€¦

My employer has filed the LCA, I'm in Toronto at the moment but it looks like the wait times are around two weeks so hoping to go to another consulate (Montreal only has 1 day wait time).

Is there anything I need to be doing between now and the LCA getting certified? I can't do the DS-160 yet without the approved LCA right?
If you don't have them ready, I think it is the time to prepare your other documents, such as education certificates, work experience evidence, tie to Australia and etc. - although based on other people and my experience VOs do not see them during the interviews at all.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

mutsmut is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm currently in US working using E3 visa and I got new job early April 2014. Last Friday, my new employer mentioned that they applied for LCA (Form 9035).

I'm thinking to apply for new E3 in Toronto, Canada and Reading through this forum, people recommend to resign after my LCA approved. Let say I've resigned after LCA approved and honored my notice period.

1. Does my old employer needs to inform something to US Department of Labor?
2. How US Consulate in Toronto knows that I've come to completion with my old employer ? Cause they can see my E3 visa sticker (with old employer) on my OZ passport.

Thank you ...
Old Apr 21st 2014, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mutsmut
Hi,

I'm currently in US working using E3 visa and I got new job early April 2014. Last Friday, my new employer mentioned that they applied for LCA (Form 9035).

I'm thinking to apply for new E3 in Toronto, Canada and Reading through this forum, people recommend to resign after my LCA approved. Let say I've resigned after LCA approved and honored my notice period.

1. Does my old employer needs to inform something to US Department of Labor?
2. How US Consulate in Toronto knows that I've come to completion with my old employer ? Cause they can see my E3 visa sticker (with old employer) on my OZ passport.

Thank you ...
For Q2, I don't think that it is an issue when you see the VO while you still have a valid E-3. Or at least this was my case when I attended the interview in Calgary and she did not ask anything about this.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

mutsmut is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rayyang
For Q2, I don't think that it is an issue when you see the VO while you still have a valid E-3. Or at least this was my case when I attended the interview in Calgary and she did not ask anything about this.
VO = Visa Officer rite?
Ok, Thank Rayyang.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mutsmut
VO = Visa Officer rite?
Ok, Thank Rayyang.
Yes
Old Apr 21st 2014, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

economy_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

How easy is to get GREEN CARD on E-3 visa?E-3 renewal after every 2-3 years can be a pain?
Old Apr 21st 2014, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by economy_1
How easy is to get GREEN CARD on E-3 visa?
If your E-3 sponsor is willing to start the process on your behalf, very easy... otherwise, very difficult.

Ian
Old Apr 24th 2014, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

maulajatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Does company requires proof of Australian Citizenship while applying for LCA? Can anyone explain how obtaining LCA for E3 is any different than obtaining LCA for H1?
Old Apr 24th 2014, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

zenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maulajatt
Hi All,

Does company requires proof of Australian Citizenship while applying for LCA? Can anyone explain how obtaining LCA for E3 is any different than obtaining LCA for H1?
No proof is required, it's the consulate that will verify your Australian Citizenship, generally by putting the visa into an Australian Passport. It's just a different button on the same from as the H1
Old Apr 24th 2014, 6:20 am
Just Joined

ndjndj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there - such a helpful site here!!

I am applying for a job (will need to use E3) and I have been told by the prospective employer that although I may be the top candidate the feel re is no way they will be able to prove that there were "no qualified US candidates for the role" and as such have terminated discussions.

Is this something they actually have to do? I have not read this anywhere

If this is an incorrect view, where is the best place to point them towards to prove that they don't actually have to establish that there were no qualified US candidates? If this was the case i'd assume no e3 visa's would ever get awarded!

thanks !
ndjndj

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.