Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Old Apr 17th 2014, 8:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
I don't know for certain, but I would imagine there's a very good chance that will throw an error, given the dimensions specified are there for a reason. Why would you send in US size passport photos when the UK passport application clearly states what the dimensions need to be?
Doesn't matter. It's legacy stuff from when they used the actual photo.

It's scanned, digital copy these days and they have this magical ability to use their noodle and resize the pic.

Just need to make sure the rest of the requirements are met with regards background, miserable stare, size of noggins within the pic. Actual size of the print then doesn't matter. Within reason, but US size is fine.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 8:44 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Doesn't matter. It's legacy stuff from when they used the actual photo.

It's scanned, digital copy these days and they have this magical ability to use their noodle and resize the pic.

Just need to make sure the rest of the requirements are met with regards background, miserable stare, size of noggins within the pic. Actual size of the print then doesn't matter. Within reason, but US size is fine.
Well, that's good to know! Looks like the OP will be fine then!
Old Apr 17th 2014, 9:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that's good to know! Looks like the OP will be fine then!
Though I wonder what they'd say if you sent in a couple 6x4's
Old Apr 18th 2014, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

tuckersworld is an unknown quantity at this point

Yet again I learn the hard way to check this forum...before taking action.
I had to hunt down a place that would take pictures to the UK specs. I ended up finding a Korean dry cleaners, and met a nice Korean lady named Iris....she said to me when she was looking over my horrible passport picture, that I'm sure will get me detained somewhere on this planet (because I look so deranged)..."Why you British people no smile?"
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

misty12 is an unknown quantity at this point

This my timeline:
Filed online: 12th March
Delivered to Durham - 21st March (US Post is way too long!), but not officially received until 24th March (after phone call to them)
Processing start date - 24th March
Passport Printed - ??
Delivery - ???
Any ideas on timeline when I might receive it
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

rosemarybrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Application accepted on February 26th - 8 weeks later our COuntersignatory was finally contacted yesterday! Maybe we will have passports soon! Still waiting on my renewal too!
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by misty12
This my timeline:
Filed online: 12th March
Delivered to Durham - 21st March (US Post is way too long!), but not officially received until 24th March (after phone call to them)
Processing start date - 24th March
Passport Printed - ??
Delivery - ???
Any ideas on timeline when I might receive it
Last week they told me they are super back logged - they didn't even touch my renewal until week 6, 8 weeks later still waiting
Old Apr 24th 2014, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rosemarybrown
Last week they told me they are super back logged - they didn't even touch my renewal until week 6, 8 weeks later still waiting
Wow! I can't believe it's taking this long. Wonder what is the cause for the back log.. 2 yrs ago when I did mine right before the Christmas holiday, it only took about 4 weeks. hope you get it sooner rather than later
Old Apr 24th 2014, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brigette
Wow! I can't believe it's taking this long. Wonder what is the cause for the back log.. 2 yrs ago when I did mine right before the Christmas holiday, it only took about 4 weeks. hope you get it sooner rather than later
I have been really suprised by how long it's been, we had hoped to go to the UK on may 13th and thought we had lots of time , but thankfully we haven't booked tickets and are able to push our move to June.

I hope it doesn't take this long for yours!
Old Apr 25th 2014, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

I received mine in 2012. It only took 4 months ( actually 3 months and a few weeks) which is why I'm wondering why there is such a huge delay now
Old Apr 25th 2014, 11:07 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

I have been really suprised by how long it's been, we had hoped to go to the UK on may 13th and thought we had lots of time , but thankfully we haven't booked tickets and are able to push our move to June.

If ever there was a reason to hold two passports, this is it. What if something critical happened in the period when to didn't have your passport? You could get an ETD, but that is a ball ache of hassle AND an added cost.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

tuckersworld is an unknown quantity at this point

If ever there was a reason to hold two passports, this is it. What if something critical happened in the period when to didn't have your passport? You could get an ETD, but that is a ball ache of hassle AND an added cost.
Must be nice to have that perk <sighs>
Old Apr 25th 2014, 3:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by tuckersworld
Must be nice to have that perk <sighs>
Lots of people on this forum have the ability to hold dual nationality, yet chose not to over some (idiotic) desire to still remain 'British'. My comment was mainly aimed at them.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

I don't have dual citizenship or access to it right now, my kids do thankfully!

Because we filed my renewal and first passpors at the same time they are hanging onto my renewal....
Old Apr 25th 2014, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Frustrated27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Hi, sent off for a Standard Adult Renewal. Online application and payment went through feb 22, supporting documents received in Durham office 4th of March.

It´s been over 7 weeks now! I constantly call and get absolutely no answers, apart from the fact that they have no queries for me. I sent off everything very complete, I don´t understand why it is taking so long. My job depends on me travelling and it is currently being seriously jeapardized.

Feel like I´m going nuts at this point.
I´m thinking of getting an ETD for I business trip I have next week but from what I´ve read that would cancel my current application which is just not even an option! I´ve waited this long.. But I just don´t understand what is holding this up so much!

Would love to hear some wise words at this point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.