GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Old Mar 22nd 2014, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Originally Posted by Bipat
Further to above I should have said "It's great fun DISCUSSING" not "arguing".
The latest online OED definition is:
1. An exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one
2. A reason or set of reasons given in support of an idea, action or theory

I suggest very strongly that i) they have the order of definitions the wrong way round. ii) they give undue weight to the italicised meaning which represents the incorrect popular usage.

AndyD 8-)

P.S. This is just the two minute argument!
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
The latest online OED definition is:
1. An exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one
2. A reason or set of reasons given in support of an idea, action or theory

I suggest very strongly that i) they have the order of definitions the wrong way round. ii) they give undue weight to the italicised meaning which represents the incorrect popular usage.

AndyD 8-)

P.S. This is just the two minute argument!
Not sure I understand the definitions!!!

My post was because I had been doing a bit of cross-BE posting and some one there presumably 'stalking' my posts had suggested the word "arguing" meant something essentially evil and complained

Sad, really that my life is so boring at the moment that I am "cross-BE posting" as it is apparently called.

(waiting for official results of OH's cardiac scan, then can finally get to Goa/Karwar). Just can't wait. --Not sure of that definition either, looks somewhat lavatorial when written down!!!!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Finally booked our flights for end of April. Going first to B'lore for a week, visiting a rel.
Thought of having a luxury hotel week, before Karwar. Our usual place booked up, looked up Taj Exotica £300 per Night for early May.
Will probably go straight to Karwar.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

Taj Exotica in B'lore?
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
Taj Exotica in B'lore?
No Benaulim, sorry, wasn't a clear post. Going to B'lore just a week then to Goa and Karwar. Was feeling ecstatic at finally getting all the flights booked.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Went through the new airport at Dabolim for the first time yesterday and it's better than the old one but sadly it still looks half finished and there is insufficient seating in the departure lounge. Compared to Dehli, Chennai and Bangalore it's still a tatty local airport.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Went through the new airport at Dabolim for the first time yesterday and it's better than the old one but sadly it still looks half finished and there is insufficient seating in the departure lounge. Compared to Dehli, Chennai and Bangalore it's still a tatty local airport.
When I came through I was disappointed that they had not taken the opportunity to improve their check-in/security system, you still have to put your own cases through the scanner before taking them to check-in, I can not remember an airport in another country where I have had to do that. Also the departure lounge was filthy with rubbish all over the floor and the only bin I saw was nowhere near the seating area where most people were eating and drinking. I was the only person who walked over and put my rubbish in the bin. Typical India I suppose.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Sorry but I cannot remember who recommended George's Pleasant Stay guest house in Chennai but thank you. George was brilliant, the place clean and tidy and it was perfectly situated close to the airport, St Thomas Mount and half an hour into the city centre. Not really much to see and do there but worth a visit.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Sorry but I cannot remember who recommended George's Pleasant Stay guest house in Chennai but thank you. George was brilliant, the place clean and tidy and it was perfectly situated close to the airport, St Thomas Mount and half an hour into the city centre. Not really much to see and do there but worth a visit.
Next time stay longer, there really is so much to see and do, but in different areas.
T.Nagar for shopping and restaurants both of all kind. Any number of beautiful temples. San Tome. City is famous for silks, coffee, music, dance, cinemas. Ultra clean veg. fast food places. Of course the beach for walking and chit chat. I could go on. Certainly my favourite city.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Im having a hard time to convince my other half that North Goa is worth coming back to. The past 5 years, especially around the Xmas season has to say the very least, been a nightmare, living in Arpora and Calingut.Friend just arrived back on Sunday after 3 months said the beach between Baga and Calingut is now officially an open toilet due to domestic tourists pouring in to escape the heat of the cities.Said it was littered with broken glass and trash.But what to do.Sad that progress in India seems to develop backwards before it moves forwards.Quite a number of my old friends have moved down to Agonda and places in the south having completely given up on Calingut, Baga and Anjuna/Chapora to Arambol as being dustbins or money traps for package tourists. Domestic and foreign.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

AS any one else seen The Mr. Poo anti public defecation campaign on Y-Tube. have a look its not offensive.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
Im having a hard time to convince my other half that North Goa is worth coming back to. The past 5 years, especially around the Xmas season has to say the very least, been a nightmare, living in Arpora and Calingut.Friend just arrived back on Sunday after 3 months said the beach between Baga and Calingut is now officially an open toilet due to domestic tourists pouring in to escape the heat of the cities.Said it was littered with broken glass and trash.But what to do.Sad that progress in India seems to develop backwards before it moves forwards.Quite a number of my old friends have moved down to Agonda and places in the south having completely given up on Calingut, Baga and Anjuna/Chapora to Arambol as being dustbins or money traps for package tourists. Domestic and foreign.
Go to the South!!!!

We are just about to set off for Heathrow. Bangalore for a few days then
South Goa and Karwar.

OH, glued to the election news!!! Much of India is moving forwards, perhaps with a new Government the rest will catch up
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
We do not spend Christmas in Goa but our friends who do tell such horror stories, last Christmas they took a taxi to a restaurant which is normally 5 minutes away, it took over an hour because of the traffic and the driver charged them 1500 rupees. I stay away from the Calengute steps area and Baga beach towards the inlet now as they are not pleasant at any time but there is still stretches of beach that are clean and quiet.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 12:51 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Cool Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Originally Posted by Bipat
Go to the South!!!!
Seconded. There really are some lovely peaceful areas in South Goa & some excellent restaurants.

H.
Old Apr 27th 2014, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Landed at the new terminal 2 at Mumbai on Thursday.
It is very smart and vast, long distances to walk. 3 moving walkways to the baggage collection, but long way between and to exit. 2 carts available, but for those in anyway disabled for walking, I would think probably wise to book a chair.
I forgot to look where the entrance was for the shuttle bus, (we stayed overnight).

Bangalore quite hot and humid 34-5 yesterday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.