Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

If you go down in the woods today.......

If you go down in the woods today.......

Old Apr 12th 2009, 8:45 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you go down in the woods today.......

.........this is what you'll see in West Sussex! A carpet of beautiful bluebells
Attached Thumbnails If you go down in the woods today.......-bluebell-woods-1.jpg  
Old Apr 12th 2009, 3:32 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you go down in the woods today.......

Pretty.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, stop, stop, stop

First Flea with her magnolias and blossom, and now you with your bluebells. Pah! :curse:

Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jay Bird
.........this is what you'll see in West Sussex! A carpet of beautiful bluebells
Isn't spring wonderful After all those years in Toronto I'd almost forgotten what a beautiful time of year it is.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 8:03 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Isn't spring wonderful After all those years in Toronto I'd almost forgotten what a beautiful time of year it is.
That's exactly what's hit me, Elaine! I'd also forgotten how early it is. If there's one thing I've learned it's never again to take things for granted.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Largo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh to be in England, now that April's there .

This is what makes me really home-sick. Every year it is the same. I think of
the spring flowers , but especially bluebell woods and there is a feeling of great emptiness and sadness, even though the flowers bring joy.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest smile for me has been the banks of cowslips! Much as I adore bluebells, I have a very soft spot for cowslips and driving along the A14 the other day there was a spot in Leicestershire where the banks were carpeted with delicate little yellow/lemon flowers. Then yesterday I walked along some of the Devil's Dyke and there were cowslips down the chalk banks. I thought they used to be an endangered species so it was fantastic to see them all happily bobbing their heads in the breeze. I do know a bluebell wood, I should head over before I leave!

Its a few years since I have been in UK in April, I cannot believe how gobsmackingly gorgeous it has been!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:10 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
The biggest smile for me has been the banks of cowslips! Much as I adore bluebells, I have a very soft spot for cowslips and driving along the A14 the other day there was a spot in Leicestershire where the banks were carpeted with delicate little yellow/lemon flowers. Then yesterday I walked along some of the Devil's Dyke and there were cowslips down the chalk banks. I thought they used to be an endangered species so it was fantastic to see them all happily bobbing their heads in the breeze. I do know a bluebell wood, I should head over before I leave!

Its a few years since I have been in UK in April, I cannot believe how gobsmackingly gorgeous it has been!
Fabulous Jay.

I have noticed a lot of bluebells along the roadsides. I am sure they never used to hang out there

Quoll, i think i am turning into a right saddo. When we slow down at roundabouts or in traffic, i marvel at all the pretty flowers on the roadside.
I saw a foxglove the other day and i know that is very early to flower!

There is also a stretch of road not far away where they have sown wild flower seeds. They are not flowering yet but i remember from last year. Its great to see people taking such an interest and making an effort to cheer up the countryside.

How about the bright yellow fields of rapeseed and mustard. My god, it was so bright along the A12 i nearly got my sunnies out! lol
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:42 pm
itchy feet again!

And as for primroses.....I've never seen so many, and wild anemones and wild orchids and, and.......I'd better stop hadn't I!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

I know the feeling oh to be back in England. We have just had a big dump of snow here in Calgary and went from +21 on monday to -7 today.
Had enough of snow now thank you
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 3:47 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Tulips at Hampton Court over Easter.....
Attached Thumbnails If you go down in the woods today.......-tulips.jpg  
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 3:49 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

That wasn't the one I meant to post (makes me look drunk!)
Attached Thumbnails If you go down in the woods today.......-tulip2.jpg  
Old Apr 24th 2009, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

OrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura aboutOrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura aboutOrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura about

And as for primroses.....I've never seen so many, and wild anemones and wild orchids and, and.......I'd better stop hadn't I!
Yes! It's getting hard to hear! Portugal is full of blossom and flowers, but they're not bluebells and primroses... And I lived on Orkney for 6 years before coming here, where they don't have seasons at all, so it's been a long, long time since I enjoyed a proper English spring. Are the 'candles' out on the horse-chestnut trees yet?
Old Apr 28th 2009, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Gcauseway has a spectacular aura aboutGcauseway has a spectacular aura aboutGcauseway has a spectacular aura about

My poor little tulips have tried to sneak a peak but the damn snow keeps returning and covering them. Last Monday it was +21 and so beautiful and for the past few days it's been snowing and about -2.

I'm really really really ready for spring to stay.
(big sigh)
Old May 4th 2009, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics, keep em coming.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.