Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Free beer for Doha apartment help

Free beer for Doha apartment help

Old Apr 21st 2014, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Free beer for Doha apartment help

Some of this comes off the back of a couple of other recent Doha threads.

I've been looking for somewhere else to park up for a little while now. I'm living in what is really a hotel. It's clean, good facilities and everything is done. I pay QR300 a day but with usually a week away out of every 2 months the average is more like QR255 a day. Still I'd like to find something more personal.

Looking at apartments has become totally depressing. The usual websites, Mubawab, Qatar living, Dubizzle have loads of adverts, mostly with agencies all of whom when called profess to have only one, or none, of what they advertise. Even when seen the price is usually 500 to 1000 higher than any similar advert, doesn't include facilities and/or needs something "extra". I tried driving around and scouting for possibles. Only saw 2 "For Rent" signs, and all the places I walked in to cold either didn't have anything or were company apartments given with jobs.

I viewed an acceptable, not special, 1 bed apartment in Lavender something this evening, asking rate QR8000, plus QR8000 security deposit and QR4000 commission, when I said I wouldn't pay the commission the agent switched out the lights and asked me to leave, no negotiation, company policy, this was Professional Real Estate company.

I've tried to be location flexible. Anything from the airport to Al Sadd between the B and E rings is quite a swathe, how hard can this be?

So here's the deal. Find me an apartment, 1 or 2 bed fully, or at least part, furnished, at QR7500 a month or less in the above stated area. No converted villa or outhouse junk, yeah seen them. I'm happy to pay a month up front and a month security, but no commission, other than, 2 cases of 'regular' (must be available in QDC) beer of your choice and 2 regular bottles of spirit (no whacky JW blue label stuff) to the member who can point me at a place I take.

Cheers
Old Apr 21st 2014, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Benny80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Free beer for Doha apartment help

Hey Martin,

maybe you can try Beyout residence. Its near La Cigale in Bin Mahmoud. Its decent , the building is new and some of the units are quite nice.

The building management is called QRH 44357033 ( i think they don't need commission)

In general i would suggest to look around Al Sadd because there are a few options that should be in the price range you mention.

Anyway good luck. I know first hand that looking for apartments in Doha can be tiring and lets say a little disappointing when you see what you get for the money. Also check out Qatar living. A lot of the stuff advertised is BS but there are some ok ones too.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 7:22 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

My 1st Place here was Lavender and I paid 9500 pm for a 2 bed - no Fees - but a months deposit. They used to have the numbers outside to call? Failing that go back to the building and speak to the security guy. That other twat is just trying to fleece you.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, I'll check em out. I really want to believe I can find somewhere sensible. I know Doha is nuts and back home I'd get twice as much for a quarter the money, but I'm here, not there and it is what it is. Just don't want to tie myself up for someone else's benefit.

Unfortunately the twat that was trying to fleece me was rather cute and she could have made way more than any "commission", oh well.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

I have a few work mates who stay in regency residences by Asmakh on Palestine street. There are a several buildings and they all seem popular and fairly new mostly with pool and gym at a good price.

Asmakh's number is 4448 5111. I heard their agents are hard work (useless) but keep trying and one of them will sort you out with something.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Benny,

Beyout does not seem top register as anything on Google and though QRH is found it seems to be a human resources company not a real estate outfit. Any ideas?
Old Apr 21st 2014, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Martin,

QRH is Quality Resource House. They dont seem to have much of a website but there number is 44357033. Im staying there now for QAR 7500per month for a decent big 2 bedroom flat. It was in new condition with good furniture (before my 2 year old daughter ran riot and drew on everything with felt tip pens).

Dunno if QRH will have anything good available right now. I think regency residences by Asmakh on palestine street is a good bet because they have several buildings. there is also a big new apartment building by Esdan nearby that might be worth a try too.

Last edited by Benny80; Apr 21st 2014 at 8:58 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Try Garveys , they do long and short term lets , apartments and villas off the Salwa .

They're not to everybody's taste but it's still canny and you've got the pool , gym , squash and restaurant plus the Garvey lads are decent fellas from Brum.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

DaveSand is an unknown quantity at this point

I would definitely second CDB on Garveys. great food and nice lads. heated pool in the winter, very laid back atmosphere. They do have other propeties as well. its well situated for Quality Hypermarket and takeaways pizza hut, ponderosa etc.

CDB I know of a nice villa in Ain Khalid mate. Comes with 1 Indian and 2 Philipinos

(Private joke for those who dont know ha ha)

Last edited by DaveSand; Apr 22nd 2014 at 8:11 am. Reason: additions
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Venezuelan007 is an unknown quantity at this point

For the location you want, try regency residences, al sadd or musheireb could work for you. Musheireb ones are in 7000 for a 1 bedroom, i think al-askmah real state (regency group) doesnt ask for commission. Regency al sadd goes for 8000ish. These ones got a lot of offered flats.

Bilal tower is 6750 for a 1 bedroom, they say dont charge commission as well.

Other is zukhrof real state, i dont know the offer in your area, actually im thinking in renting with them in al kheesa, so if someone knows something i should know, please! These ones charge 25% commission

Last is al dar arch real state, they charge no commission either, check their website

If everything else fails try propertyfinder.qa

I hate qatarliving ads, and mubawab have some fake adds. Dubbizle and propertyfinder seem a little more reliable