Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Where to go to meet young people in Doha

Where to go to meet young people in Doha

Old Feb 1st 2014, 11:55 am
Just Joined

millyg90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to go to meet young people in Doha

Hi! I'm new here too! Well, I've been here for 9 months but it still feels new.....
I'm 23, living in al Khor and not in the 'community' so it feel like I don't have a chance of meeting anyone my own age. Any advice anyone?
Thanks
Old Feb 1st 2014, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

smoss94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by msalih
heyy
Im 23...that's close to your age but im finding it a bit difficult to find someone my age too!
Unfortunately every time I make friends with someone my age they seem to leave qatar as they are all on temp contracts..
Hey. Any luck yet mate?
Old Feb 1st 2014, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

XxNooniexX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by millyg90
Hi! I'm new here too! Well, I've been here for 9 months but it still feels new.....
I'm 23, living in al Khor and not in the 'community' so it feel like I don't have a chance of meeting anyone my own age. Any advice anyone?
Thanks
Hello,

I know exactly how you feel, I've been here quite a while now but I don't know that many people either. Don't worry too much okay, you do have a chance of meeting people, there are loads of people out here and people travel here everyday so just because there isn't anybody in your area now doesn't mean that there won't be some time in the future and they'll probably be in the same boat as us. We could be friends if you like, I live about an hour away from Al Khor but I go there from time to time. I'll inbox you, you might need to post a few more times to reply though :P
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

LostDoha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys!

My name is Ana, I am 21 years old also living in Qatar and having a hard time meeting people my age. I am very happy I found this page and see some of you guys are having the same problem making friends. I do not want to sound intimidating or anything but hey guys, why don't we meet and become friends instead? Life here is hard if we don't know anyone.

Please if anyone would like to be friends, meet up, hang out and have a happy life here feel free to contact me. I would really enjoy getting to know someone here.

Thanks guys!!!! Good luck with everything

:*
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Are there any young people in Doha?

Hey guys!

I am a 21 years old female and have just moved here, and would love to meet some people here, however, it seems something hard to do. I am tired of having no social life here and see some of you guys are also worrying about it. I would love to get to know someone here so please feel free to email me at

Thank you guys!!! Good luck with everything
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LostDoha
Hey guys!

My name is Ana, I am 21 years old also living in Qatar and having a hard time meeting people my age. I am very happy I found this page and see some of you guys are having the same problem making friends. I do not want to sound intimidating or anything but hey guys, why don't we meet and become friends instead? Life here is hard if we don't know anyone.

Please if anyone would like to be friends, meet up, hang out and have a happy life here feel free to contact me. I would really enjoy getting to know someone here.

Hey!
So nice to know you're not the only one in this situation! Maybe we could add each other facebook (if you have it and you want to)? I can PM you after one more post (I think) with my details.....
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

smoss94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by millyg90
Hey!
So nice to know you're not the only one in this situation! Maybe we could add each other facebook (if you have it and you want to)? I can PM you after one more post (I think) with my details.....
XxNooniexX and I are already chatting away on fb and arranging to meet, why don't we all add each other on Facebook and see what we're all like ! Perhaps the best way is to private message each other our names, but you need post 3 responses or replies before you can do so. I can deal with being pestered by weird randomers, so I'm happy to put my name here - Samuel W Moss
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the nice answers guys
I already added you on facebook Sam.
Millyg90 and xxNooniexX hope I can find you there too
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Hey I've added you Sam, I'm also used to getting hassled by wierdos so you can find me on fb: camilla gallagher
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LostDoha
Hey guys!

Hi Ana,

You're right, life here can be pretty tough if you don't know anybody. I agree, I think it would be a great idea for us all to meet up and get to know each other. I'll send you a message now and hopefully then we can all become good friends
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Chrisg9119 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are there any young people in Doha?

I'm 22 and I'm moving to Doha from Ireland to work at Doha golf club.

I Would love to know things to do and if there are many other people around my age in a similar position as I really don't want to be just sat in every time I'm not working!

Last edited by Chrisg9119; Feb 3rd 2014 at 8:46 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Chrisg9119 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm 22 and I'm moving from Ireland at the end if the month to work. I would really like to know how to get to know people my age as from what I have heard its hard in doha. I really don't want to be sitting on my own at home when I'm not working. Help!
Old Feb 4th 2014, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

BE's created Doha's first YMCA

credit where it's due
Old Feb 4th 2014, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Chrisg9119
I'm 22 and I'm moving from Ireland at the end if the month to work. I would really like to know how to get to know people my age as from what I have heard its hard in doha. I really don't want to be sitting on my own at home when I'm not working. Help!
Hi Chris,

Don't worry, you'll be able to make lots of friends here I'm sure, you just got to have a little patience that's all. Maybe you could join us, we're all looking for friends after all I'll inbox you if you like and I'll see if I can get the others to do the same. You could probably start getting to know us before you even get here
Old Feb 4th 2014, 6:37 am
Just Joined

msalih is an unknown quantity at this point

..well things have progressed recently.
sam...ive added you on facebook!
Have you and noonie organised anything with the others on facebook yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.