Reload this Page >

Where to go to meet young people in Doha

Where to go to meet young people in Doha

Old Dec 17th 2013, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

XxNooniexX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to go to meet young people in Doha

Originally Posted by MaserMan
Your one big problem is that you are under 21 and according to my daughter that is a major pain as all the best things require an ID.
Yes, your right... It is a bit of a pain. I'll just have to manage some other way I guess. I suppose it doesn't help that I'm not going to uni either lol. I take it not a lot of people my age go looking for work out here... Either way, I'm sure things will work out in the end though, I'll just have to do what I can
Old Dec 18th 2013, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by XxNooniexX
Yes, your right... It is a bit of a pain. I'll just have to manage some other way I guess. I suppose it doesn't help that I'm not going to uni either lol. I take it not a lot of people my age go looking for work out here... Either way, I'm sure things will work out in the end though, I'll just have to do what I can
My daughter keeps telling me she is extending her gap year and promises every year that she will go back to the UK and go to Uni
Old Dec 18th 2013, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MaserMan
My daughter keeps telling me she is extending her gap year and promises every year that she will go back to the UK and go to Uni
Haha that's pretty cool, it sounds like she's enjoying herself which is good to hear. I'm sure once I settle down properly, things will be just as good I guess like all other things out here, these things just take time and I'll just have to be patient. Does your daughter work out here? I'm a little bit nervous about getting a job out here... especially since I'm quite young in comparison to most of the people that live here. Everybody tells me that work out here is very different and I'm really not sure what to expect lol
Old Jan 6th 2014, 8:39 am
Just Joined

msalih is an unknown quantity at this point

heyy
Im 23...that's close to your age but im finding it a bit difficult to find someone my age too!
Unfortunately every time I make friends with someone my age they seem to leave qatar as they are all on temp contracts..
Old Jan 7th 2014, 1:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by msalih
heyy
Im 23...that's close to your age but im finding it a bit difficult to find someone my age too!
Unfortunately every time I make friends with someone my age they seem to leave qatar as they are all on temp contracts..
Hello, sorry to hear your having trouble too. Apparently there are more people out here that are more closer to your age than mine so you appear to have the upper hand, so try not to worry okay. From what I have heard, there have been a good few people your age that are either moving or planning to move to Doha so you're definitely not going to be the only one. Lol, we could always be friends too if you'd like...I hope to be here for quite a while and I hope to meet quite a few friends while I'm here. Either way, I'll keep a look out for you and if I hear of anybody your age, I'll see if I can put you in contact with them if you'd like Take care okay, I'm sure everything will work out just fine in the end
Old Jan 7th 2014, 10:11 am
Just Joined

msalih is an unknown quantity at this point

whoops, I just read ovver what I had written. I didnt actually mean EVERY person I had met, I do have a few friends lol...I just meant there arent many people my age let alone 18!
Old Jan 7th 2014, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by msalih
whoops, I just read ovver what I had written. I didnt actually mean EVERY person I had met, I do have a few friends lol...I just meant there arent many people my age let alone 18!
Lol sorry, guess I misinterpreted your message. I'm glad your doing okay though haha. I know what you mean, it will be a challenge... but I'm sure meet some people soon enough. I can't be the only one! :P
Old Jan 15th 2014, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

newtoqatar is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm having the exact same problem I've been here since 5th Jan im glad u posted this up. I need a friend. I work on the pearl and all my colleges are a lot older. im from London just turned 24
Old Jan 16th 2014, 5:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by newtoqatar
i'm having the exact same problem I've been here since 5th Jan im glad u posted this up. I need a friend. I work on the pearl and all my colleges are a lot older. im from London just turned 24
Hello, sorry to hear your having trouble too. We could be friends if you like, I may be a bit younger than you but it doesn't really matter to me :P I'm nearly 19 so that kinda makes the age gap a little smaller anyhow :P Don't worry though... I tend to find that a lot of things in Doha simply take a little longer than they would back home ( I guess making friends is one of them lol) but everything will work out just fine in the end
Old Jan 19th 2014, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Ste390 is an unknown quantity at this point

Get yourself down the rugby club.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

smoss94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, sorry to hear your having trouble too. We could be friends if you like, I may be a bit younger than you but it doesn't really matter to me :P I'm nearly 19 so that kinda makes the age gap a little smaller anyhow :P Don't worry though... I tend to find that a lot of things in Doha simply take a little longer than they would back home ( I guess making friends is one of them lol) but everything will work out just fine in the end
Hi XxNooniexX I have just moved to Doha too. I am 19, and I am doing an internship out here for 7 months or so. I am having similar problems meeting people. I wonder if you made any progress? Thanks, Sammy
Old Jan 31st 2014, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by smoss94
Hi XxNooniexX I have just moved to Doha too. I am 19, and I am doing an internship out here for 7 months or so. I am having similar problems meeting people. I wonder if you made any progress? Thanks, Sammy
Hello,

Welcome to Doha Sorry to hear that you're having troubles too. I actually haven't made much progress but its because I have been away on vacation for a couple of weeks and I haven't long come back to Doha haha. I'm sure if I'd have been here for that length of time things would have progressed a little as the majority of the people out here seem nice enough. Don't worry, I'm sure we'll both be able to meet some nice people soon enough and there's got to be more people that are in the same position as us :P We could be friends too if you like, I'm going to be 19 really soon so we'd both be the same age lol :P Either way try not to worry okay, everything will work out, I'm sure of it
Old Jan 31st 2014, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Hello,

Welcome to Doha Sorry to hear that you're having troubles too. I actually haven't made much progress but its because I have been away on vacation for a couple of weeks and I haven't long come back to Doha haha. I'm sure if I'd have been here for that length of time things would have progressed a little as the majority of the people out here seem nice enough. Don't worry, I'm sure we'll both be able to meet some nice people soon enough and there's got to be more people that are in the same position as us :P We could be friends too if you like, I'm going to be 19 really soon so we'd both be the same age lol :P Either way try not to worry okay, everything will work out, I'm sure of it

Private message isn't working for me, so why don't you email me or text me? <snip>
xx

Last edited by Bob; Jan 31st 2014 at 8:45 pm. Reason: So you don't get spammed like crazy
Old Jan 31st 2014, 8:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Not a great idea posting your phone/email publicly...you can PM after you make 3 posts.
Old Feb 1st 2014, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your advice! I'm not particularly worried about giving my contact details out, but you've probably more experience than I do in Doha.

I think this is my 3rd post... so hopefully private messaging will be available ....now!

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.