Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

ADNOC Companies.... Do they communicate?

ADNOC Companies.... Do they communicate?

Old Apr 3rd 2013, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future
Default ADNOC Companies.... Do they communicate?

Hi guys,

Bit of a strange one but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I have been offered a contract with an ADNOC company working at the Shah Gas Field. Another ADNOC company has advertised the same job at a different plant in Abu Dhabi, different shift systems etc.

I think the pay will be the same as they work off the ADNOC gradings but the shift system sounds better. My question is, if I was to apply for the new opening, would that possibly jeopardise my current offer? I know in effect they are completely seperate companies, but do they talk to each other?.

The new opening is offering to fly candidates out to Abu Dhabi for the interview.......... obviously it would be very bad form to take that opportunity as a free visit to AD before moving over with the first ADNOC company...it never entered my mind....honestly.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 8:19 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADNOC Companies.... Do they communicate?

Originally Posted by expathopeful
Hi guys,

I have been offered a contract with an ADNOC company working at the Shah Gas Field. Another ADNOC company has advertised the same job at a different plant in Abu Dhabi, different shift systems etc.

I think the pay will be the same as they work off the ADNOC gradings but the shift system sounds better. My question is, if I was to apply for the new opening, would that possibly jeopardise my current offer? I know in effect they are completely seperate companies, but do they talk to each other?.

The new opening is offering to fly candidates out to Abu Dhabi for the interview.......... obviously it would be very bad form to take that opportunity as a free visit to AD before moving over with the first ADNOC company...it never entered my mind....honestly.
I wouldn't worry. One pen pushing HR monkey will probably not talk to the person next to them let alone a different company.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

Originally Posted by expathopeful
Hi guys,

They don't even communicate in the same office
Old Apr 4th 2013, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

smokey65 is an unknown quantity at this point

what sort of position is the interview in abu dhabi for if you dont mind me asking as i am waiting for an offer from al hosn
Old Apr 4th 2013, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future
Thumbs down Re: ADNOC Companies.... Do they communicate?

Cheers guys, I think I'm not going to risk it. It would seem stupid to risk something I've wanted for years just for the chance of a free return flight. To be honest, I don't know what I was thinking.......

Too much Russian Standard me thinks....