Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

IT Skilled Worker Looking for the Best and Easiest way to Emigrate to Canada

IT Skilled Worker Looking for the Best and Easiest way to Emigrate to Canada

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

leaveuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile IT Skilled Worker Looking for the Best and Easiest way to Emigrate to Canada

Hi Everybody,

Ive been viewing this forum for a couple of months now and its full of valuable information. However, what i cant seem to understand is the range of immigration choices and how they apply to me, so i'll explain my position.

Im 24 years old and a IT Professional with a Degree in IT. what would be the best route for me to emigrate to Canada?

I want to work in IT in Canada but im not bothered with which region.

Appreciate your help!

LeaveUk
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT Skilled Worker Looking for the Best and Easiest way to Emigrate to Canada

From what you've said, you'd need a job offer and LMO (which your employer has to apply for, to prove there is no Canadian to do the job) if you want to emigrate permanently - you could then get a Temp Work Permit and upgrade that to PR once you are there. Unless you've got Canadian family you haven't mentioned, or happen to be a millionaire of course!

Another option if you want an easier, but possibly less permanent, solution is to go on a Working Holiday Visa which would give you a year's open work permit.

Best thing to do is have a read of the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page) to understand your visa options. This page would be a good place to start.......http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration

HTH, good luck.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

leaveuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IT Skilled Worker Looking for the Best and Easiest way to Emigrate to Canada

thanks for the info christmasoompa!. ive looked at the wiki and have another question.

it says for the employer to get an LMO it has to prove that no qualified canadian applied for the job. this seems unlikely as i would imagine that there would always be at least one canadian applying for each job!.

does anybody else think this could be a possibility.

thanks,

LeaveUK
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

It depends!

If you have specialized skills where an employer is unable to fill the role in the employers desired location, then it's entirely possible.....I know because I did just that. (actually I got lucky; US employer with immigration experience and offices in US, Canada & Cardiff)

The difficulty you may face is finding an employer who is willing, and has the time and resources (and maybe experience), to go through the LMO process for a prospective employee based in a foreign country

This article explains why http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canada_is_different!!!

If you do get lucky, my advice is be prepared to jump though hoops, be able to be on-site within a few weeks and be sure to make clear your long term intentions to stay in Canada!

A lot of people come over here for a job/house recce - which I'd recommend as a good place to start to get yourself 'out there'

So yes, it's do-able

Good luck!