Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Old Oct 26th 2011, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Good, I just hope I get easy questions in the test.

In other news, I drove past the new field office here in Phoenix (they moved it in the time it took to reschedule my appointment). Essentially they have taken over some empty big box store, slapped a new frontage on and a big sign. Looks quite swanky, loads of parking too.
Well, it was a breeze in the end. The new field office in Phoenix is very shiny, lots of parking and fairly large waiting room. Some people seemed to have their whole family with them and their lawyers. Got there early, called after a while to go to the interview rooms in the back. Swore to tell the truth. Showed green card. Reviewed the answers on my N400. Read out "Who was the first president", wrote down "Washington was the first president". I can't remember all my questions but did get asked to name the chief justice, number of representatives, how long representatives are elected, when we vote for president, who the father of the country is, and one more [name a war in the 1900s] (6 out of 6).

Now wait 4-6 weeks for oath appointment. Hopefully all done and dusted before the end of the year.

Last edited by sir_eccles; Oct 26th 2011 at 5:31 pm. Reason: Remembered the last question
Old Oct 26th 2011, 6:03 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it was a breeze in the end. The new field office in Phoenix is very shiny, lots of parking and fairly large waiting room. Some people seemed to have their whole family with them and their lawyers. Got there early, called after a while to go to the interview rooms in the back. Swore to tell the truth. Showed green card. Reviewed the answers on my N400. Read out "Who was the first president", wrote down "Washington was the first president". I can't remember all my questions but did get asked to name the chief justice, number of representatives, how long representatives are elected, when we vote for president, who the father of the country is, and one more [name a war in the 1900s] (6 out of 6).

Now wait 4-6 weeks for oath appointment. Hopefully all done and dusted before the end of the year.
Lovely
Old Oct 30th 2011, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Passport arrived

Dear BE.

I just wanted you to know that yesterday 10/28/11 my 52 page passport book arrived in the mail and today my Naturalization Certificate arrived as well. One more hing I am waiting for and that is my passport card. So I guess I am completely done
Old Oct 30th 2011, 12:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport arrived

Originally Posted by milan79
Dear BE.

I just wanted you to know that yesterday 10/28/11 my 52 page passport book arrived in the mail and today my Naturalization Certificate arrived as well. One more hing I am waiting for and that is my passport card. So I guess I am completely done
Wow, congratulations Milan!! Your long journey is over.

Rene
Old Oct 30th 2011, 12:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! Go Phoenix!

Rene
Phoenix USCIS alumni.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Wow, congratulations Milan!! Your long journey is over.

Rene
Thank you Rene and the Passport is beautiful :-) Does Anyone know if I can travel on US passport to Cuba? Thank you.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Rene and the Passport is beautiful :-) Does Anyone know if I can travel on US passport to Cuba? Thank you.
I believe that Cuba is currently the only country that the US bans from visiting.

Transactions related to tourist travel are not licensable

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p...y_requirements
Old Nov 1st 2011, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi guys.

So I am complete now LOL. My passport card came today :-)
Old Nov 1st 2011, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

My passport card came today :-)
Excellent.

Now... step away from the computer and enjoy life for a while!

Ian
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Excellent.

Now... step away from the computer and enjoy life for a while!

Ian
Thank you Ian
Old Nov 4th 2011, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Default What is that about????

Guys!

I am so confused!. Today I received a NOA that I didn't attend my Oath and that I need to write a letter within 30 days why I didn't show up, or my N-400 will be denied! What is that about???? What is wrong? I already had my Oath on 10/20/2011! What should I do? Should I make an Info-pass?

Thank you, Milan.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 4:37 am

Default Re: What is that about????

Guys!

I am so confused!. Today I received a NOA that I didn't attend my Oath and that I need to write a letter within 30 days why I didn't show up, or my N-400 will be denied! What is that about???? What is wrong? I already had my Oath on 10/20/2011! What should I do? Should I make an Info-pass?

Thank you, Milan.
You already got your naturalization certificate and US passport. My guess is the letter was a mistake. But if you want, go via Infopass and clear it up.

Rene
Old Nov 4th 2011, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is that about????

What should I do?
By process of law - you are a US citizen... and the only way to lose that status is treason against the US government. Toss the letter in the garbage.

Ian
Old Nov 4th 2011, 3:36 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I would go and do the info pass just to put your mind at rest.

Bless your heart only you would get that letter
Old Nov 4th 2011, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you guys. I called the 1800 number and they apologized to me. They said it was send by a mistake. She told me to ignore hat letter just like Ian said. Whew, I am relieved now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.