Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Where do tree frogs and gecko's go during the day

Where do tree frogs and gecko's go during the day

Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where do tree frogs and gecko's go during the day

I think these are gecko eggs in our garage door lock. They don't need much room!
Attached Thumbnails Where do tree frogs and gecko's go during the day-egg.bmp   Where do tree frogs and gecko's go during the day-egg2.bmp  
Old Oct 18th 2010, 4:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Most evenings as i sit on my patio im accompanied by a number of different gecko's my kids have names for them all and we really enjoy their company.
We also have a few different tree frogs who come and say hello as well. My kids are so thrilled to see these but keep asking me where they go during the day and im stumped as i dont know.
As its heading towards the wet season up in Darwin we are certainly seeing more of the tree frogs and they are not bothered by us going up to them.
the other night i had one sat on my drinks fridge while i went and got a drink out.
Tonight while i let the dog out for his late night pee i had a frog follow me around the path, my daft dog never seems to notice them or if he does he is not interested in them.
So does any one know where my visitors are likely to be during the day?
Mandy
The pub.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 5:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
The pub.
Thats where the possums go!

Yesterday evening, Pig and Whistle, Eagle Street.......
Attached Thumbnails Where do tree frogs and gecko's go during the day-p1020290.jpg   Where do tree frogs and gecko's go during the day-p1020291.jpg   Where do tree frogs and gecko's go during the day-p1020294.jpg  
Old Oct 18th 2010, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Safe from the dog in there as the amount he drinks it would cost a fortune...
Old Oct 18th 2010, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by medwaymark
I think these are gecko eggs in our garage door lock. They don't need much room!
Wow im impressed, id set up a camera if i had found eggs just to see them hatching. Not seen anything like that yet.
Mandy
Old Oct 19th 2010, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Wow im impressed, id set up a camera if i had found eggs just to see them hatching. Not seen anything like that yet.
Mandy
We don't use that door very often, so could of been in there ages lol
Old Oct 19th 2010, 6:34 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Another vibrant Monday night in Brisbane Town then, I guess the wildlife heads there to go some peace

(edit) Hold on, that would be Sunday ... ahhhhh, that explains it
Old Oct 19th 2010, 7:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Another vibrant Monday night in Brisbane Town then, I guess the wildlife heads there to go some peace

(edit) Hold on, that would be Sunday ... ahhhhh, that explains it
Yeah, it was Sunday! Lots of laughs, guess the possum just wanted to join in!!
Old Oct 19th 2010, 12:17 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect geckos sleep, somewhere private, during the day. The ones at our place do seem to go to some lengths to demonstrate that they do not sleep at night.
Attached Thumbnails Where do tree frogs and gecko's go during the day-january-09-download-050.jpg  
Old Oct 19th 2010, 5:09 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Yes those are Gecko eggs. They often lay them in window tracks as well, so you crush them as you open your window...

I get lots of Asian House Geckos in and around my place. I can hear one chirping in the bathroom as I type this!

They've been known to hide in electrical equipment and short it out, even causing fires as a result, as well as frying themselves in the process.

I get Graceful Tree Frogs, White-lipped Tree Frogs, Northern Wood Frogs and Eastern Sedge Frogs out the back of my place; as others have said, they hide in cool, often damp, places during the day.