Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Bad news - lost our dog on flight home

Bad news - lost our dog on flight home

Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Bad news - lost our dog on flight home

Hi all

We have no idea why or what happened, but Alfie, one of our 2 King charles spaniels died on the flight back to the UK. Apparantly he was fine in Perth and Singapore, but they found him dead in his crate on arrival at Heathrow on Friday morning.
He was only 3 and was my little boys dog. He adored him and he has been inconsolable since we broke the news to him on Friday.

There has to be a full investigation because he was coming into quarantine here. As soon as I know what happened and why, I will let you all know, but he is in London with the ministry at the moment whilst they carry out their routine investigations and procedures.

Jo

Last edited by mike&jo; Sep 17th 2007 at 1:33 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:35 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad news - lost our dog on flight home

Oh my God, that's so sad. I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope your little boy feels better soon. (((Hugs)))
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:40 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

That is terrible,so so sorry to hear that.Really dont know what to say.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry. How devastating for all of you and especially your little boy.

Last edited by TaraC; Sep 17th 2007 at 12:54 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:50 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mike&jo
Hi all

We have no idea why or what happened, but Alfie, one of our 2 King charles spaniels died on the flight back to the UK. Apparantly he was fine in Perth and Singapore, but they found him dead in his crate on arrival at Heathrow on Friday morning.
He was only 3 and was my little boys dog. He adored him and he has been inconsolable since we broke the news to him on Friday.

There has to be a full investigation because he was coming into quarantine here. As soon as I know what happened and why, I will let you all know, but he is in London with the ministry at the moment whilst they carry out their routine investigations and procedures.

Jo

Aaaahhhh that is so awful.

((((( BIG HUGS ))))))

RIP Alfie
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Jo

so very sorry about your sad news. it really is very traumatic on the animals all this flying about. i know we hate to leave them behind and i'm the first one to take our two with us but travelling in the hold of an aircraft is horrendous besides being so very noisy...poor little thing
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Jo

sending you love xxx really sorry to hear your terrible news

lots of love

hitchcock
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

So awful to hear that really very sad, blimey he was only a young dog really, as TruBrit said and she sould know, it is so very stressfull for the animals
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Jo
OMG how awful!! I read a few weeks ago on BE that one airline...Virgin I think...will not transport short nosed dogs incl. Cavs.

I have a 9 yr old black and tan Cav...just like the one in your pic. We had 4 in the UK...1 of each colour. They are the most wonderful little companions...I would be heartbroken. Your poor little boy having to go through this ((((((HUGS)))))) for him and you.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 12th 2019 at 10:53 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
OMG how awful!! I read a few weeks ago on BE that one airline...Virgin I think...will not transport short nosed dogs incl. Cavs.

I have a 9 yr old black and tan Cav...just like the one in your pic. We had 4 in the UK...1 of each colour. They are the most wonderful little companions...I would be heartbroken. Your poor little boy having to go through this ((((((HUGS)))))) for him and you.
Thanks to all of you for your kind words.

Jerseygirl, yes you are right, although we had to fly them with singapore airlines because our other dog is a Dogue de Bordeaux and no other airline would fly him (being a mastiff with a short stout).

We had 2 cav's, our black and tan who we have lost (pictured) and another boy Jake who is a Tri Colour. We went to see the other 2 in quarantine on Saturday - it was really sad because although we wanted to see them badly, we knew it wouldn't feel right because Alfie wasn't going to be with them.

Your dogs are lovely by the way x

Jo
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:35 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Aw Jo thats awful news. I know I would be devastated if anything happened to one of ours. What a shock - you must all feel like crap.

Sending lots of hugs XXX
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to all of you for your kind words.

Jerseygirl, yes you are right, although we had to fly them with singapore airlines because our other dog is a Dogue de Bordeaux and no other airline would fly him (being a mastiff with a short stout).

We had 2 cav's, our black and tan who we have lost (pictured) and another boy Jake who is a Tri Colour. We went to see the other 2 in quarantine on Saturday - it was really sad because although we wanted to see them badly, we knew it wouldn't feel right because Alfie wasn't going to be with them.

Your dogs are lovely by the way x

Jo
Cavs are prone to heart problems...maybe it had something to do with that. Were you the person who enquired about Little Creek, Chester?

I'm so sorry.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:39 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

I am very sorry to hear that.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all

Jo
Read your post with great sadness. <<<hugs>>> for your son. I know when i got off our flight at Van. all i could think about is if our cat survived the flight. It was touch and go with her for about 1-2 weeks after but she is still here.
Hope family recovers from their loss soon.x
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:56 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Oh lordy that is just awful!! I am so so sorry to hear about your dog.

I am now worrying sick about my little pooch. She is still in Sydney with my husband and doesnt fly till January. She is such a girlie girl and will fret like hell i just know it. Now i am frightened it will be too much for her. God, how dreadful!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.