Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Old Oct 2nd 2011, 10:10 pm
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
What did they ask for? I'm sure you will be OK - USCIS aren't exactly known for being speedy.
I had the bad timing of moving from MN to IL just as I got scheduled for the interview, so it got moved from the St. Paul office to the Chicago office.

When I went to the interview I had only been a resident of IL for a few weeks, so the officer gave me an RFE to send proof of residence after I had been living there at least 3 months.

That happened in June. I haven't heard anything since. Just filed an e-inquiry on the website but I don't expect to hear anything promptly.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 11:32 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bequibar
I had the bad timing of moving from MN to IL just as I got scheduled for the interview, so it got moved from the St. Paul office to the Chicago office.

When I went to the interview I had only been a resident of IL for a few weeks, so the officer gave me an RFE to send proof of residence after I had been living there at least 3 months.

That happened in June. I haven't heard anything since. Just filed an e-inquiry on the website but I don't expect to hear anything promptly.
If it's just an RFE for proof of residence, it doesn't sound like any cause for concern. The delay is probably just the red tape of moving your case from the St Paul to the Chicago office.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys ,

Just wanted to update you that my Ceremony is in 2 days (Thursday 10/20/2011) I can't wait. I will post my ceremony journey as soon as I get home on Thursday. It says I should be there at 9:00am. Do you guys know how long the ceremony takes? Also the questions on the form N-445 (on the back) Do I answer them and sign in front of the IO at the ceremony or can I answer them tonight? I am just not sure if it needs to be signed in person at the ceremony or if I can sign it before (Tonight, or tomorrow) Anyone knows? Thank you.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
Do I answer them and sign in front of the IO at the ceremony or can I answer them tonight? I am just not sure if it needs to be signed in person at the ceremony or if I can sign it before (Tonight, or tomorrow) Anyone knows?
You can fill it out ahead of time, but do not sign it until you are specifically told to do so - likely immediately prior to the Oath Ceremony.

Ian
Old Oct 21st 2011, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Oath Ceremony Experience.e

Hello my BE friends.

The day I have been waiting for 11 years finally came today. My Oath was scheduled for 9:00am at The Federal Downtown Courthouse.They wouldn't allow us with cell-phones inside. I walked back into my vehicle and let my cell-phone in it. We were send to the second floor to the Naturalization check-in. And there she was, my IO who interviewed me for my N-400. My IO who I later found out to be the Director of the USCIS office n Jacksonville was collecting the appointment letters and green cards. She asked about the answers on the back of the N-445 form and took my green card. After she checked us all in, they played a video of immigrants that immigrated to the States back in the day. After that we were asked to proceed to the 3rd floor to the actual court room where all kinds of people were giving brief speeches.When the video from Barack Obama and the song God Bless America was over the judge stood up faced the flag and let us repeat the Pledge to the flag and we were given out or certificates. We were informed about the Vote registration and a little snack party at the second floor again.It was very emotional moment and like Poppy said my mom would have been proud of me. I am going to the post Office tomorrow and will apply for my passport. So I guess this is it. Again I want to thank all members to the BE and couldn't done it without you guys. I took some pictures and posted it on here.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Oath Ceremony Experience.e

So I guess this is it. Again I want to thank all members to the BE and couldn't done it without you guys. I took some pictures and posted it on here.
Are you sure you were approved?

Congrats! It's a nice feeling.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 2:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

The day I have been waiting for 11 years finally came today.
Congratulations Milan! I, and many others, have been following your case with interest for many years now... I'm so very happy for you!

Ian
Old Oct 21st 2011, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Are you sure you were approved?

Congrats! It's a nice feeling.
LOL LOL LOL LOL I think I am approved now LOL
Old Oct 21st 2011, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Congratulations Milan! I, and many others, have been following your case with interest for many years now... I'm so very happy for you!

Ian
Thank you Ian for being there for me every time I asked about something and believe me I know sometimes you guys were thinking that I was being a nut-case
Old Oct 21st 2011, 4:34 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

So Cool
Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
So Cool
Poppy go on Facebook and read my messages. :-)
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Passport

Hi guys.

Applied for passport yesterday. For the expedited one. Will le you guys know when it arrives. Milan.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Milan, I was kind of amused by all your questions but now I have my own citizenship interview on Wednesday and have a question of my own.

Checking through all my paperwork it looks like I sent some originals of things like tax transcripts and bank statements with my application rather than copies like I did with wedding certificate and the like. Well, I assume I did because the originals are not in the folder on my desk. Is this a huge problem?

I scanned everything I sent, so I can print out further copies but originals are hopefully with them.

I'm worrying about nothing right?
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Is this a huge problem?
It's a non-issue.

Ian
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 1:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It's a non-issue.

Ian
Good, I just hope I get easy questions in the test.

In other news, I drove past the new field office here in Phoenix (they moved it in the time it took to reschedule my appointment). Essentially they have taken over some empty big box store, slapped a new frontage on and a big sign. Looks quite swanky, loads of parking too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.