Relocating back to UK

Old Jul 15th 2013, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

andrewbm228 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocating back to UK

Hi i have some questions on relocating back to UK.

I am 22 years old i have lived in Barbados most of my life so i have a Barbados passport my British passport has expired.

I was born in the UK. Would i have any issue at customs if i book a one way ticket?

My father is living there and i have all intentions to live with him until i can find a job and move on into my own place.

What recommendations would you have for me ?

Andrew
Old Jul 15th 2013, 8:29 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating back to UK

Renew your British passport then just book a flight home to your Dads. No problem
Old Jul 15th 2013, 8:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You need to apply for a new UK PP...so you will be admitted into the UK as a citizen and not as a visitor. If your old UK PP expired more than 10 years ago your application will be treated like a first time application. This means that you will have to send in more paperwork to verify your status...it will also take longer to process. It will be helpful if you can send in your old UK PP with your application. All the instructions are on the UK Embassy's website.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

andrewbm228 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wanted to renew my passport when i got to UK would this be possible or could i get a emergency travel document?
Old Jul 15th 2013, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine (UK/US dual citizen) travelled to UK on one way ticket. His intention was to live with this cousin and get a job in the UK.

He presented his US passport to the UK immigration authorities, who asked why he was entering the UK. He told them - to live with cousin and get a job.

He was immediately hauled off to secondary questioning (US citizens are not allowed to live and work in the UK without a visa) and after several questions with a not too friendly guy he finally said that he DID have a UK passport.

He produced it and promptly got another lecture about wasting official time, entering on the wrong passport etc etc.

I would suggest you get a British passport.