Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canada FSWP / Total received applications

Canada FSWP / Total received applications

Old May 29th 2013, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

canadadreamer2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canada FSWP / Total received applications

Chem. Eng NOC2134
I am a textile chemistry eng. by education but my job description and duties are consistent with noc2134. My hope is that the officer is not picky about this.
I am about to send my application, waiting for WES letter.
+++++++++++++++++

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ooops, my bad - I thought you had the wrong year, but it seems time has run away with me!

There's still adaptability points for spouse (language) though, work experience was higher but then age was lower for most, etc - it's still the same number of points required so I don't see how it was any easier?

Personally though, I believe that several of the occupations will be filled (including Scribes, which I'm guessing was the first to fill as so many IT related bods were ready to apply before 'the list' was applied).

Out of interest, what NOC are you applying under and have you sent your application?
Old Jun 26th 2013, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

dharmesh312 is an unknown quantity at this point

They have updated the count of total received applications. It is really surprising to know that only 65 applications have been accepted including all the occupations in the list. I have applied for NOC 2174. Only 15 have been accepted in this NOC. My application was received on June 20 and the counts were updated on June 24. Do you think my application would have been evaluated in this updated count? I mean, after the application is received by CIC, how many days it takes to evaluate whether the application is complete and should be sent in the next phase?
Old Jun 27th 2013, 12:08 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by dharmesh312
They have updated the count of total received applications. It is really surprising to know that only 65 applications have been accepted including all the occupations in the list. I have applied for NOC 2174. Only 15 have been accepted in this NOC. My application was received on June 20 and the counts were updated on June 24. Do you think my application would have been evaluated in this updated count? I mean, after the application is received by CIC, how many days it takes to evaluate whether the application is complete and should be sent in the next phase?
Note the date on the No. of applications received, they are probably still working on those received on Day 1. If you applied under 2174 and it wasn't received in the first or 2nd week, you will need to keep your fingers crossed.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 6:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Note the date on the No. of applications received, they are probably still working on those received on Day 1. If you applied under 2174 and it wasn't received in the first or 2nd week, you will need to keep your fingers crossed.
But the new forms were published only on May 4 afternoon, right? Then how can they receive so many applications the same day? And after almost 2 months, is it possible that they have only processed the applications of 1st day? Also, the count was updated twice (20th June and 24th June) and in both the updates, the date remained 4th May. So I think, the count must be since 4th May and not as on 4th May. What's your opinion?
Old Jun 27th 2013, 7:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

But the new forms were published only on May 4 afternoon, right? Then how can they receive so many applications the same day? And after almost 2 months, is it possible that they have only processed the applications of 1st day? Also, the count was updated twice (20th June and 24th June) and in both the updates, the date remained 4th May. So I think, the count must be since 4th May and not as on 4th May. What's your opinion?
The new forms were definitely released before 4th May, but not by much. But most people will have had everything ready and then just done any new forms and got them sent off within a day or so (as the forms would only have been minor changes).

The count is not past 4th May - as said on the other thread on the same subject, just from one forum over 300 people have applied, so there's no way the current figures on the CIC website are accurate!

There's no way that the popular NOCs aren't already full IMO.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

The new forms were definitely released before 4th May, but not by much. But most people will have had everything ready and then just done any new forms and got them sent off within a day or so (as the forms would only have been minor changes).

The count is not past 4th May - as said on the other thread on the same subject, just from one forum over 300 people have applied, so there's no way the current figures on the CIC website are accurate!

There's no way that the popular NOCs aren't already full IMO.
I completely agree. 1112, 2174 and 2147 are all definitely full probably at least 4 times over by now.

And I also think it's really stupid of CIC to create more work for themselves by not giving a true picture of the count.

Why not have 2 columns, one for the actual number of applications received through the door, and another for applications opened and completeness checked?

If they've received 1500 applications for NOC 2174 it doesn't take an Einstein to figure that cap is definitely full, even if a small percentage may fail the completeness check or have payment issues.

Someone who didn't know better would look at those figures and go "hey there's still plenty of room in NOC 2174, I'll go spend loads of time and money my application together because at this rate they'll still be room when I apply".

They had the best part of 12 months of no FSW1 applications coming in, in order to adequately prepare for the May 2013 intake. IMO there is no excuse for not having an efficient update system right off the bat.

Wayne.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 5:12 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

I still don't think CIC are quite getting it. They should count based on applications received not applications passing completeness, if that is indeed what they are doing. Even adding a margin of (say) 5% to allow for incomplete applications would work. I can see them taking far more applications than they can process again and eventually having to send a whole bunch back. Sounds like a blast from the past all over again.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Hi,
I just noticed that the date is "as of May 4", not "as on May 4". The dictionary meaning of "as of" is "since". So the count is since May 4 and not as on May 4. The date will not change in any updates throughout this year because it indicates "since May 4". You can verify the meaning of "as of" in the following link -

http://english.stackexchange.com/que...ich-is-correct
Old Jul 11th 2013, 6:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I just noticed that the date is "as of May 4", not "as on May 4". The dictionary meaning of "as of" is "since". So the count is since May 4 and not as on May 4. The date will not change in any updates throughout this year because it indicates "since May 4". You can verify the meaning of "as of" in the following link -

http://english.stackexchange.com/que...ich-is-correct
I'm guessing that English isn't your first language? Because regardless of what that dictionary says, in English 'as of' is just a shorter way of saying 'at the time/date of' i.e. 'as of 9 o'clock this morning, I'd already had 3 cups of coffee'.

Sorry, but 'as of 4th May' is very clearly meaning on that date to any native English speaker.

HTH.

Edit: I've just looked at that link and it's not a dictionary! It's just something like Yahoo answers, with Internet users trying to answer the questions (often incorrectly!). Answer 1 is actually correct, but the questioner hasn't chosen it as their answer.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 11th 2013 at 6:13 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

I'm guessing that English isn't your first language? Because regardless of what that dictionary says, in English 'as of' is just a shorter way of saying 'at the time/date of' i.e. 'as of 9 o'clock this morning, I'd already had 3 cups of coffee'.

Sorry, but 'as of 4th May' is very clearly meaning on that date to any native English speaker.

HTH.

Edit: I've just looked at that link and it's not a dictionary! It's just something like Yahoo answers, with Internet users trying to answer the questions (often incorrectly!). Answer 1 is actually correct, but the questioner hasn't chosen it as their answer.
Hi,

The cap has reached for NOC 2174 on August 21, 2013. You must have noted that the date is still "as of May 4". It obviously does not mean that all the 300 applications have been received on the first day (May 4). So even though English is not my first language, my understanding for "as of May 4" was correct than yours, whose first language might be English.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 12:57 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

The cap has reached for NOC 2174 on August 21, 2013. You must have noted that the date is still "as of May 4". It obviously does not mean that all the 300 applications have been received on the first day (May 4). So even though English is not my first language, my understanding for "as of May 4" was correct than yours, whose first language might be English.
Your understanding is NOT correct whereas Christmasoompa'a is correct.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 2:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Nope, sorry, it just means that CIC haven't updated that bit of the website!
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 2:52 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada/sta...50495039774721 is perhaps what was being referred to.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 2:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by orly
https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada/sta...50495039774721 is perhaps what was being referred to.
Being referred to where/by whom? Sorry, but I'm confused as to what you mean!