Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Wolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Note to add the fee cleared today.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

ukchick81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wolfpit228
Note to add the fee cleared today.
Awesome! hopefully not to long now
Old Feb 15th 2013, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond repute

Passport renewal Fed Ex'd : Feb7th 2013
Passport delivered : Feb 8th 2013
Fee pending : Feb 12th 2013
Fee cleared : Feb 15th 2013
New passport delivered :
Old Feb 19th 2013, 11:10 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

They took the money for Dd's UK passport last week I hope that means we'll both be getting passports very soon. Any sign of yours yet Wolfpit?
Old Feb 20th 2013, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Not yet. I'm thinking it may be the end of next week at the earliest but you never know. That's good news they too the money.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 2:34 pm
Long Time Lurker..

hwfd83 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have nearly identical times for our applications so will be interesting to see how they compare!

Passport renewal Fed Ex'd : Feb 6th 2013
Passport delivered : Feb 8th 2013
Fee charged : Feb 13th 2013
New passport delivered : ??
Old Feb 20th 2013, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

It will indeed
Old Feb 21st 2013, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

janemin61 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by janemin61
i just found out that it reached the postal depot in DC.but they don't know if it was delivered to the Consulate.I have my post office looking into it now.

i am not sure if this the right way to do this,but wanted to let you know.I received my return receipt back today.So i know now that the Consulate did receive it.Now we will see how long it takes them to process it.but i am a lot less worried than i was yesterday.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

ukchick81 is an unknown quantity at this point

i am not sure if this the right way to do this,but wanted to let you know.I received my return receipt back today.So i know now that the Consulate did receive it.Now we will see how long it takes them to process it.but i am a lot less worried than i was yesterday.
Awesome!!!
Is the money pending from your account yet? I remember it saying on the website that once they debit the money it normally takes around 4 weeks

Last edited by ukchick81; Feb 21st 2013 at 4:34 pm. Reason: read post wrong
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ukchick81
Awesome!!!
Is the money pending from your account yet? I remember it saying on the website that once they debit the money it normally takes around 4 weeks
Not yet,but i do not need my passport for a couple of months yet.Although it would be nice to have it in my hands sooner rather than later.I;m just relieved that it got to the Consulate.Will let you know when money is debited from my card
Old Feb 21st 2013, 9:19 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

New passport arrived today. Dhl called me this morning to make sure I'd be here, said it needed a signature, two hours later it arrived.
So time line,
Money taken on feb 11th
Passport delivered to us today Feb 21st.

Last edited by Mummy in the foothills; Feb 21st 2013 at 9:21 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

RR82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

The website about passport renewal from abroad seems to have completely changed in the last few weeks, and is now extremely unhelpful! I was wondering if I need to provide a courier envelope for the return of the passport or if that's covered in the fees?

If anyone has any info that would be great thanks!
Old Feb 21st 2013, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RR82
Hi,

The website about passport renewal from abroad seems to have completely changed in the last few weeks, and is now extremely unhelpful! I was wondering if I need to provide a courier envelope for the return of the passport or if that's covered in the fees?

If anyone has any info that would be great thanks!
I think I read on the website when i was filling out the form not to send a courier envelope as the fee they charge you covers that(i think its somewhere in the neighborhood of $35 00.They take it out of your credit card.Hope I am correct in this.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 10:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I think I read on the website when i was filling out the form not to send a courier envelope as the fee they charge you covers that(i think its somewhere in the neighborhood of $35 00.They take it out of your credit card.Hope I am correct in this.
You are correct.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 10:31 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Yes your right. It comes back DHL signature needed for delivery. No need to send an envelope.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.