Any Probs With Aussies TVs In UK?

Old Dec 26th 2007, 9:08 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any Probs With Aussies TVs In UK?

I know this has probably been asked to death, but i did a quick search and could only find posts relating to taking UK TVs down here and not the other way round.

Our TV seems to be on its last legs, but because we are ultimately going back to UK, i dont want to buy a good quality one if it will be a prob when we go back. If this is the case i might just get a secondhand one on ebay to see us through till we leave. If they do work ok i am happy to spend some money on one.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 9:46 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Probs With Aussies TVs In UK?

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I know this has probably been asked to death, but i did a quick search and could only find posts relating to taking UK TVs down here and not the other way round.

Our TV seems to be on its last legs, but because we are ultimately going back to UK, i dont want to buy a good quality one if it will be a prob when we go back. If this is the case i might just get a secondhand one on ebay to see us through till we leave. If they do work ok i am happy to spend some money on one.
Hi Flea - we brought a couple of TVs back with us and initially couldn't get them to work because the sound bit is different down under. We were told to try freeview or sky but this still didn't work. Eventually a TV guy who was fixing something else for us gave us a couple of adapter things that you just plug into the back and they worked fine. He charged us 20 quid each for them but I'm sure you can get them cheaper than that if you shop around. I'll try to find out what they are called.

We were told that if you get a good quality TV and it has the European sound settings on it you will be ok without any adapters. Ours were cheap good guys own brand which obviously only had Oz settings.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 9:52 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Louise. I will go take a look to see what has the euro settings. My daughter bought a Samsung when I was staying with her and i saw the very same model in the shops here. I will check to see if it will be ok.
The adaptors this guy sold you? Are they readily available in the shops in UK?
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:07 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Louise. I will go take a look to see what has the euro settings. My daughter bought a Samsung when I was staying with her and i saw the very same model in the shops here. I will check to see if it will be ok.
The adaptors this guy sold you? Are they readily available in the shops in UK?
Hubby has just told me that he saw some last week in B & Q for a fiver each - the TV repair guy obviously ripped us off

If you ask the supplier if the TV has the European settings though and get them to show you how to change it when you need to, you shouldn't need adapters. I think ours were just cheap TVs designed just for use in Oz.

Good luck
Old Dec 27th 2007, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Location: woodbridge suffolk hoping to go live northside brisbane
suffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant futuresuffolk nuts has a brilliant future

we have bought a new tv here in oz and are hoping that it will work back in uk i phoned up samsung and they said it should work with a set top box so we hope they are right i think that a british dvd player might help bring the signal in to heres hoping anyway
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

We brought back a plasma that we purchased in Perth and works fine back in UK....just has better programmes on it now lol......
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:55 am
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

Make sure that within the settings of the TV you look at you can select PAL I (UK) and all will be good. Here we select PAL B/G (AUS).
Old Dec 30th 2007, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teresa
We brought back a plasma that we purchased in Perth and works fine back in UK....just has better programmes on it now lol......

What no neighbours
Old Dec 30th 2007, 12:45 am
I don't give a damn

Aint that the truth!!

Thanks KLF
Old Dec 30th 2007, 12:47 am
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

Aint that the truth!!

Thanks KLF
Anytime.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL We had the same experience with our plasma.

One of our crappy telly's that we bought in Oz worked here fine, even the sound without a set top box, but another one that we bought there with a built in DVD works but no sound except with freeview box.

Jo
Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

aint that the truth!!!...we live for Sky here.....and some ABC programmes.....and rent a lot of DVD's......now had sad are we!!!....cannot wait to get back and watch Noel's "What's in the Box"!!!!!