Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canada FSWP / Total received applications

Canada FSWP / Total received applications

Old May 24th 2013, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

canadadreamer2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada FSWP / Total received applications

Hi all,
About 3 weeks past from re-opening of Canada FSWP and the link shows that no applications has been received yet.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp

Is this info reliable?

Thanks.
Old May 25th 2013, 7:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada FSWP / Total received applications

No. Of course applications have been received! Probably over the cap in most cases would be my guess.

But at the moment CIC just haven't got as far as compiling the info on what they've got or put the numbers up.

Hopefully soon though, good luck with yours.
Old May 26th 2013, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

I think last time it was over a month before the first numbers showed up on that page.

When the dust had settled and the official statistics were calculated, I believe some of the NOCs that still showed under the cap after the first update or two had actually filled up in the first couple of weeks.

Take the data on this page with a pinch of salt. The only reliable number will be one showing a category as full.
Old May 26th 2013, 5:17 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Plus the Caps are pretty tight, so get sucked up at an alarming rate

If you have not got an application in already and are wondering if you will be able to apply, based on what the Cap numbers might say on CIC's website update, be prepared for the worst.

Even if the update shows a Cap as not having been reached (when the update is actually made live) it probably already will be by the time you are reading it online!
Old May 28th 2013, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Hi,
Why do you think the cap will be reached in a quicker mode than previous FSW program (that started in July 2011 and filled in May 2012 if I recall correctly). The cap was just 10'000 which was twice as now. But the selection criteria were much easier to meet than the current FSW program. In the other hand, there are many occupations in 2013 list that are selected for the first time. These new occupations were not expected to be on the list and applicants with experience in these occupations are not prepared.

Last edited by canadadreamer2; May 28th 2013 at 7:56 am.
Old May 28th 2013, 8:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadadreamer2
Hi,
Why do you think the cap will be reached in a quicker mode than previous FSW program (that started in July 2011 and filled in May 2012 if I recall correctly).
You don't recall correctly, there was no FSW prog that started in July 2011 - there was one that ran from 26th June 2010 (with no individual cap on occupations like now), and then another that ran from July 2012, and for that one, the cap for many occupations was reached within weeks of it opening.

But the selection criteria were much easier to meet than the current FSW program.
How were they? There was still an occupation list, so I can't see how it was any easier?

These new occupations were not expected to be on the list and applicants with experience in these occupations are not prepared.
They are prepared, because up until a month or so ago everybody thought that there would be no occupation list at all, so loads of people had got all their paperwork ready to apply.

Personally, I think the cap will fill up v quickly because (a) the program has been on hold for so long, so lots of people are desperate to apply; (b) because as said above, lots had all their paperwork ready to apply, so those that are eligible only had to get their credentials assessed before being ready; and (c) because the cap is so much smaller than in previous years.

That is only a guess though, but I think that the most popular occupations will be full by now.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 28th 2013 at 8:12 am.
Old May 28th 2013, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
Why do you think the cap will be reached in a quicker mode than previous FSW program (that started in July 2011 and filled in May 2012 if I recall correctly). The cap was just 10'000 which was twice as now. But the selection criteria were much easier to meet than the current FSW program. In the other hand, there are many occupations in 2013 list that are selected for the first time. These new occupations were not expected to be on the list and applicants with experience in these occupations are not prepared.
As an example there is another forum keeping track of applicants for the forum members who have applied. In the NOC I am applying under (2174 - that's one of the new ones) there were 40 + applicants in that NOC when I looked last time (about 2 days ago), most of whom have had their application delivered.

These 40 + people won't be the only ones applying under that NOC, and if we got our applications in that quick, others will too. I can only imagine it's already full and I just hope my application was fast enough.

Educational assessments will have slowed some people down, but not enough to think the caps will be reached slowly. I had my assessment back well in advance of the application opening date. WES were still offering same say processing back then.
Old May 28th 2013, 3:12 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Would any complete applications have been received yet really?

Everyone on FSW needs educational credential assessments first and these are apparently taking a long time to complete due to the volume of applicants. ICAS for example is quoting 6-8 weeks.
Old May 28th 2013, 4:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by orly
Would any complete applications have been received yet really?
Did you read Scribe's reply above? He's already applied, and is one of many to have done so. WES's standard processing for credentials assessment only takes 7 days, and previously they had an option to expedite that to a day or two, but that's now suspended due to overdemand.

Old May 28th 2013, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

If you follow the May 2013 intake thread and subsequent spreadsheet on Canadavisa.com (I already posted the links on another thread here) you can see how many members of that forum have mailed applications, and for which NOC.

When I ran the 2010 spreadsheet, the forum members represented around 2.5% of the worldwide total.

Of course the % could be a little different but somewhere between 2% and 5% would be realistic.

Scaling up using the same formula I think I worked out that around 5 NOCs had probably already been filled, with 2174, 2147 and 1112 the most popular and almost certainly already filled. A couple of other NOCs were likely getting close.

But quite a lot of less popular NOCs will have very few applications at the moment IMO (remember the crane operator NOC from last time round? Took about 6 months before the first crane operator applied !)

I think maybe 7 or 8 NOCs will fill up very quickly, but the rest will take several months and the 5000 cap will be hit before some of them even get close to 300.

Wayne.
Old May 28th 2013, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp

Makes me laugh "The numbers on this page are updated at least once a week, but are only a guide".

We're fast approaching 4 weeks since the doors opened and they haven't updated this once yet!!!
Old May 28th 2013, 5:22 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
If you follow the May 2013 intake thread and subsequent spreadsheet on Canadavisa.com (I already posted the links on another thread here) you can see how many members of that forum have mailed applications, and for which NOC.

When I ran the 2010 spreadsheet, the forum members represented around 2.5% of the worldwide total.

Of course the % could be a little different but somewhere between 2% and 5% would be realistic.

Scaling up using the same formula I think I worked out that around 5 NOCs had probably already been filled, with 2174, 2147 and 1112 the most popular and almost certainly already filled. A couple of other NOCs were likely getting close.

But quite a lot of less popular NOCs will have very few applications at the moment IMO (remember the crane operator NOC from last time round? Took about 6 months before the first crane operator applied !)

I think maybe 7 or 8 NOCs will fill up very quickly, but the rest will take several months and the 5000 cap will be hit before some of them even get close to 300.

Wayne.
A very good realistic assessment. If CIC could only do the same. The 5000 cap ensures that some occupations go unfilled so why do it that way for say, crane operators? I think the limits by occupation might better sum to 5000 rather than overrun it.
Old May 28th 2013, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
A very good realistic assessment. If CIC could only do the same. The 5000 cap ensures that some occupations go unfilled so why do it that way for say, crane operators? I think the limits by occupation might better sum to 5000 rather than overrun it.
Well 300 for each NOC seems something of an artificial figure to me anyway.

These are 24 different occupations, each with their own level of demand within the Canadian economy, so personally I think the cap should be unique to each NOC.

If Canada needs more computer programmers than crane operators, for example, than this should be reflected in the cap limits for each NOC.

Personally I'd prefer to see exact caps per NOC of exactly what Canada needs within a given intake period, and ditch the 5000 total.

Wayne.

Last edited by Waggle; May 28th 2013 at 5:31 pm.
Old May 28th 2013, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Hi christmasoompa,

It seems that I recall correctly. Here is reference from:
Ministerial Instructions (MI3): Federal Skilled Workers
Effective July 1, 2011, the third set of Ministerial Instructions (MI3) further limited the intake of new FSW applications by lowering the global cap to 10,000, with sub-caps of 500 for each of the 29 priority occupations.

There was an occupation list, but work exp. point was higher, no min. language score required, no credential assessment, there was adaptability points for spouse education.

Cheers
Old May 28th 2013, 7:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

It seems that I recall correctly. Here is reference from:
Ministerial Instructions (MI3): Federal Skilled Workers
Effective July 1, 2011
Ooops, my bad - I thought you had the wrong year, but it seems time has run away with me!

There was an occupation list, but work exp. point was higher, no min. language score required, no credential assessment, there was adaptability points for spouse education.s
There's still adaptability points for spouse (language) though, work experience was higher but then age was lower for most, etc - it's still the same number of points required so I don't see how it was any easier?

Personally though, I believe that several of the occupations will be filled (including Scribes, which I'm guessing was the first to fill as so many IT related bods were ready to apply before 'the list' was applied).

Out of interest, what NOC are you applying under and have you sent your application?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.