Malawi

Old Jun 26th 2012, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

butcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Malawi

My son and his family are moving to Blantyre in early 2013,I hope to visit them early in the New Year.Coming from Canada,I find the Air Prices ridiculous,any advise?.Also i have travelled to The Gambia every year to visit them,My wife has stated she will never visit Africa,too many unpleasant experiences from The Gambia.How does Malawi compare to The Gambia,and what /where is a good district to live in Blantyre.Any and all advise most appreciated,I also am a friend of Hirams and hope to meet some in Malawi,Cheers from Canada
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Rick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really nice
Default Re: Malawi

Originally Posted by butcher
My son and his family are moving to Blantyre in early 2013,I hope to visit them early in the New Year.Coming from Canada,I find the Air Prices ridiculous,any advise?.Also i have travelled to The Gambia every year to visit them,My wife has stated she will never visit Africa,too many unpleasant experiences from The Gambia.How does Malawi compare to The Gambia,and what /where is a good district to live in Blantyre.Any and all advise most appreciated,I also am a friend of Hirams and hope to meet some in Malawi,Cheers from Canada
Hi, I have never lived in Malawi so can't answer that part of your question but in terms of travel your cheapest option depending on where in Canada you are is to go Emirates to Dubai then to Jo'Burg. From Jo'burg you can get a flight to Malawi. Alternatively you can also transfer in Zimbabwe where I lived. The Emirates flight to Harare might be more expensive, but it will probably break even as the flight from Zim to Malawi will be cheaper than from Jo'Burg.

Completely different to West Africa, the two short trips I've made there were both to the Lake - thats fun and has a load of activities. Can't help much more than that though.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 6:37 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Malawi

You don't say where you are in Canada, but you can fly from there to Atlanta (US) and get a direct flight across into Johannesburg, with a puddle jumper commute from there. Friends of ours in Toronto have broken up their bookings as they found it cheaper to buy a ticket to the States, and then purchase the next leg into SA separately. Why it would cost more to simply do a full booking beats me.

Last edited by Tegwyn; Jul 4th 2012 at 6:45 pm.