Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

UK top 20 worst places to live

UK top 20 worst places to live

Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:19 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK top 20 worst places to live

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
That can't be right. I've been to Doncaster, and it still looks like it got bombed out in the war and nobody could be bothered to re-build it...

S
PMSL
Old Oct 16th 2007, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmyjc1
When was the last time you went there - its has gone way down hill -Basildon and Southend are much better - Southend has a Uni there now and the prices are rocketing, there are loads of 'boutique' areas like Leigh and Southchurch I agree with the other places being not too great but many people in the UK buy where they can afford. That said u still get the odd scum bag but thats common in most places!

There is no way that Basildon is better the Dagenham, on par maybe but not better.
Southend has always had its nice areas but on the whole it is not that flash and not a place I would want to live.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 1:34 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Islington? dont live there but often used to go for meals and a wander-always thought of it as a really nice place
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Who on earth decides this crap Cannock Chase is a lovely area
i know i was shocked to read that.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:28 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoolsB
Islington? dont live there but often used to go for meals and a wander-always thought of it as a really nice place
I used to work there. It's nice with great pubs and restaurants.

I'd live there.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:50 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoolsB
It depends where in Islington you go.
I lived on the 8th floor of a tower block - it was a complete sh*t hole.

I never had any aggro there though. The girl I shared with had a dobermann so if I needed to go to the shop late at night I took the dobermann with me
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by themerlin
Doncaster is a better place to live then Nottingham
Nottingham the " gun " capital , not so sure it is now but it was tagged as this
Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Can not believe that Cannock Chase is worse than DUDLEY! Good God, if you move from Dudley to Cannock you'd think you're in heaven.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 2:17 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jond
I was the opposite, lived in Dagenham, but had Romford on my birth certificate.

I have got to say there are a lot of worse places than Dagenham and Redbridge to live.

Just a couple off the top of my head,

Harlow, Basildon, Southend, Tilbury, Stevenage, Watford, any Medway Town.

John
I miss Chelmsford, unfortunately so did the Luftwaffe.

<from the Ancient Joke Book (c) 1956>
Old Oct 17th 2007, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
I miss Chelmsford, unfortunately so did the Luftwaffe.

<from the Ancient Joke Book (c) 1956>

But not true, they bombed the shite out of it because Marconi were based there along with a ball bearing factory.

I used to live about 10 miles from there and it is not a bad place
Old Oct 17th 2007, 4:46 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

There is no way that Basildon is better the Dagenham, on par maybe but not better.
Southend has always had its nice areas but on the whole it is not that flash and not a place I would want to live.
Since returning, I am living in a picture postacard village just 5 miles from Southend. You WOULD want to live here if you saw it!! Stunningly beautiful. But i am very happy for people to diss the area. It means less people wanting to come here and for those of us desperately wanting to get on the housing ladder, it will keep the housing prices down
It always amuses me that people tend to judge an area soley based on the urban town/city centre. The vast majority of people DONT live in them.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 4:58 am

But not true, they bombed the shite out of it because Marconi were based there along with a ball bearing factory.

I used to live about 10 miles from there and it is not a bad place
I was trying to be historically accurate but couldn't resist a dig at it anyway, used to visit that area quite often as my ex-girlfriend lived there ... the drive from Chatham to Chelmsford really lifts the heart and soul
Old Oct 17th 2007, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

I am living in a picture postacard village just 5 miles from Southend. You WOULD want to live here if you saw it

You have hit the nail on the head, 5 miles FROM Southend! and you are wrong I wouldn't want to live there.

I used to live in a village near Danbury, the nearset house if I looked out of my bedroom window was 3 miles away, just fields and horses. But after 15 years of it I was more than glad to move away.

John
Old Oct 17th 2007, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
I was trying to be historically accurate but couldn't resist a dig at it anyway, used to visit that area quite often as my ex-girlfriend lived there ... the drive from Chatham to Chelmsford really lifts the heart and soul

I used to do the opposite journey and did a lot of work in all the Medway Towns, god that used to depress me when I used to get my jobs for the following day knowing that drive was ahead of me.

We used to have some Friends who used to live (before he got caught shagging his Wifes best mate and giving her a kid) in Finsbury extra I think it was called near Rochester, another dump of a place.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 6:39 am

I used to do the opposite journey and did a lot of work in all the Medway Towns, god that used to depress me when I used to get my jobs for the following day knowing that drive was ahead of me.

We used to have some Friends who used to live (before he got caught shagging his Wifes best mate and giving her a kid) in Finsbury extra I think it was called near Rochester, another dump of a place.
Finsbury ... there is a name I haven't heard for a while ... Wainscott too ... and 'Hoo' ... shudder.

Man that place was bleak ... the Isle Of Grain ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.