UK top 20 worst places to live

UK top 20 worst places to live

Old Oct 16th 2007, 12:06 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK top 20 worst places to live

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sounds fab. I wonder why I moved here instead of there
Because the weather's as bad as Melbourne (allegedly)
Old Oct 16th 2007, 12:09 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Doncaster is a better place to live then Nottingham
Old Oct 16th 2007, 1:03 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vegemite
Definately Bognor Regis, in West Sussex. What a hole! I used to call it Reginal's Bog.
"Bugger Bognor" - King George V (probably...)

And anyway, obviously, Chatham is a dump, Gillingham is worse (save for the football team), Rochester is barely better and Hoo is a festering boil on the arse-end of humanity.

And Gravesend? Well the clue's in the name ...

Chavtastic mate.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 1:05 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
"Bugger Bognor" - King George V (probably...)

And anyway, obviously, Chatham is a dump, Gillingham is worse (save for the football team), Rochester is barely better and Hoo is a festering boil on the arse-end of humanity.

And Gravesend? Well the clue's in the name ...

Chavtastic mate.
Oy my son was born in Gravesend there are some lovely places here in Kent you know
Old Oct 16th 2007, 1:12 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by asher
Oy my son was born in Gravesend there are some lovely places here in Kent you know
I wasn't too picky about where I drew my first breath either (Gillingham) ... took my time about leaving the dump though, it takes time to take a look around and realise what you have to contend with.

Yeh, there are lovely places in Kent but an ordinary Joe can't afford to live there ... and I've been to most.

Garden of England my arse, the toolshed more like ...
Old Oct 16th 2007, 1:21 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
I wasn't too picky about where I drew my first breath either (Gillingham) ... took my time about leaving the dump though, it takes time to take a look around and realise what you have to contend with.

Yeh, there are lovely places in Kent but an ordinary Joe can't afford to live there ... and I've been to most.

Garden of England my arse, the toolshed more like ...
I am lucky enough to live in the countryside, my family from the cotswolds love it too

I'm not keen on Chatham or Gillingham but where i live when the cherry and apple orchards are in bloom its beautiful Oh and I'm rich in the important things and money isnt one of them
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

angie41 is an unknown quantity at this point

"Scotland and Northern Ireland do not feature at all"

This proves the so called researchers have not got a clue
Old Oct 16th 2007, 4:20 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Doncaster is a better place to live then Nottingham
That can't be right. I've been to Doncaster, and it still looks like it got bombed out in the war and nobody could be bothered to re-build it...

S
Old Oct 16th 2007, 4:21 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angie41

South Wales doesn't do that well though does it. And for good reason. Luckily the New variety is much nicer...

S
Old Oct 16th 2007, 4:26 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Who on earth decides this crap Cannock Chase is a lovely area
I know, bizarre eh!
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Clippies
I know, bizarre eh!
Good to see narm (as in vietnam) on the list, I was born there as my Dad thought it was a better hospital than the one near Hornchurch. Now I have to go through the rest of my life with Dagenham on my Birth Certificate when I worked in Brentwood loads of people were buying round there as one of the few places in Essex that people can get on the property ladder.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angie41

They obviously missed Cumbernauld - one of the worst places in the Universe.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:25 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

lol only place I have been to where the bouncers have attack dogs !

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
That can't be right. I've been to Doncaster, and it still looks like it got bombed out in the war and nobody could be bothered to re-build it...

S
Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmyjc1
Good to see narm (as in vietnam) on the list, I was born there as my Dad thought it was a better hospital than the one near Hornchurch. Now I have to go through the rest of my life with Dagenham on my Birth Certificate when I worked in Brentwood loads of people were buying round there as one of the few places in Essex that people can get on the property ladder.

I was the opposite, lived in Dagenham, but had Romford on my birth certificate.

I have got to say there are a lot of worse places than Dagenham and Redbridge to live.

Just a couple off the top of my head,

Harlow, Basildon, Southend, Tilbury, Stevenage, Watford, any Medway Town.

John
Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jond
I was the opposite, lived in Dagenham, but had Romford on my birth certificate.

I have got to say there are a lot of worse places than Dagenham and Redbridge to live.

Just a couple off the top of my head,

Harlow, Basildon, Southend, Tilbury, Stevenage, Watford, any Medway Town.

John
When was the last time you went there - its has gone way down hill -Basildon and Southend are much better - Southend has a Uni there now and the prices are rocketing, there are loads of 'boutique' areas like Leigh and Southchurch I agree with the other places being not too great but many people in the UK buy where they can afford. That said u still get the odd scum bag but thats common in most places!

Last edited by emmyjc1; Oct 16th 2007 at 9:21 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.