A-1/working in US- please help!

Old Aug 22nd 2004, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

vhare is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A-1/working in US- please help!

I have an A-1 visa, as a dependent, and I now have a job offer here in the States. I am wondering what I have to do to accept this offer and begin working legally? What papers do I have to file as an A-1 visa holder? Is it possible to start working and have the paper work in process? I would be so grateful for any advice.
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 12:26 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A-1/working in US- please help!

Originally Posted by vhare
I have an A-1 visa, as a dependent, and I now have a job offer here in the States. I am wondering what I have to do to accept this offer and begin working legally? What papers do I have to file as an A-1 visa holder? Is it possible to start working and have the paper work in process? I would be so grateful for any advice.
File form I-566
http://www.visapro.com/Download/INS-Form-I-566.pdf
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

What happens is I got the Visa when I was 21 and I'm now 22 so none of dependent clauses apply to me?

So, I send this form to the organisation that is responsible for my father, and then what happens?

How long does it take? Is it likely to be passed? Is that ALL I have to do?

(THANK YOU SO MUCH)

Originally Posted by Ray
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 12:39 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

What happens is I got the Visa when I was 21 and I'm now 22 so none of dependent clauses apply to me?
So, I send this form to the organisation that is responsible for my father, and then what happens?
How long does it take? Is it likely to be passed? Is that ALL I have to do?
(THANK YOU SO MUCH)
If you are unsure of what to do ..get a lawyer to do it for you..
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Know any good ones?!
Originally Posted by Ray
If you are unsure of what to do ..get a lawyer to do it for you..
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 12:52 pm
Ray

Know any good ones?!
Do a google search for A-1 visa you will find many...