Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

Association Of Accounting Technicians?

Association Of Accounting Technicians?

Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:42 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Question Association Of Accounting Technicians?

Hi there, my wife is a member of the AAT since she qualified as a part qualified accountant last year, she is a member and it has come around to the time to subscribe for another year as it runs out in October. Is the AAT qualification recognised in Australia? If yes then she will carry on as a member but we dont want to pay up for no reason as we should be leaving in September. Thanks Pete
Old Aug 14th 2006, 11:54 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Association Of Accounting Technicians?

Originally Posted by pete jackson
Hi there, my wife is a member of the AAT since she qualified as a part qualified accountant last year, she is a member and it has come around to the time to subscribe for another year as it runs out in October. Is the AAT qualification recognised in Australia? If yes then she will carry on as a member but we dont want to pay up for no reason as we should be leaving in September. Thanks Pete

AAT exists in Australia but only since recently. They are in alliance with the NIA.
http://www.aat.org.au
Old Aug 15th 2006, 6:02 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JAJ
AAT exists in Australia but only since recently. They are in alliance with the NIA.
http://www.aat.org.au
Thanks for that website, very useful, Pete
Old Aug 15th 2006, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Neil & Shell will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pete jackson
Thanks for that website, very useful, Pete
I am a member of both AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) and ATT (Association of Taxation Technicians). I have decided to keep my memberships current in Australia.

However, I work for a Chartered Accountancy practice and they had not heard of AAT, ATT or ACCA. In my experience they have only heard of CA or CPA in Australia

Shell
Old Aug 15th 2006, 11:59 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil & Shell
However, I work for a Chartered Accountancy practice and they had not heard of AAT, ATT or ACCA. In my experience they have only heard of CA or CPA in Australia
That's what anyone should expect. Only larger entities may be aware of any non-Australian designations.

If you decide to get an Australian qualification, CA makes more sense than CPA as it's got a more prestigious reputation.