Kinda scared tbh ...

Kinda scared tbh ...

Old Apr 18th 2014, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

almostdansk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kinda scared tbh ...

Hi Im new to this forum
I'm a 53 year old Expat been living in Denmark for 25 summers
am married soon to be separated and its time to go home.

problem is I didn't realize just how difficult that looks to be

well thats me, just wanted to say hi
Old Apr 18th 2014, 4:17 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kinda scared tbh ...

Originally Posted by almostdansk
Hi Im new to this forum
I'm a 53 year old Expat been living in Denmark for 25 summers
am married soon to be separated and its time to go home.

problem is I didn't realize just how difficult that looks to be

well thats me, just wanted to say hi
Hello and welcome Sorry to hear about your marriage difficulties. You've come to the right place for advice and support, BE has been a godsend to me and countless others. The knowledge on here is incredible so don't be afraid to ask questions! Best wishes for your return home
Old Apr 18th 2014, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the welcome spouse of scouse
what is worrying me is I am a plumber and have worked as such for 20 years here in Denmark, but as I did my apprenticeship here I'm not sure how to proceed in the Uk.

also my safety net (job seeking Benefits) from Dk are only good for three months so I need to find employment before they expire, then I'm confused where I would stand if I have not managed to find a job

I can stay with a very good friend to get me started so accommodation is not an issue
Old Apr 18th 2014, 8:55 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE, best thing would be to ask the members in the Moving Back to UK section http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61

sure someone on there has been through the whole transferring skills from one country to another and will be able to guide you
Old Apr 19th 2014, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Thank you Ill try to post there
Old Apr 19th 2014, 8:03 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum

Yes, all moves are scarey but can be exciting too.... new beginnings. I guess look at it that way.

Just another thought, do you actually need to go back to UK. It sounds like you are very much "in the system" in Denmark. Is staying there an option? Maybe a different part of the country? There's a Scandinavia section within the Europe section on here if you want to chat with others in the region.