Good service

Old May 1st 2012, 2:10 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good service

In Mercadona at Palmones yesterday the checkouts were starting to back up so the call went out and they opened up a couple of extra tills.

Normally when this happens there is an unseemly rush to get there first with no thought as to who should be next - it's a case of the fastest and rudest wins.

This time however a young man came up to me (I was next in line, just about to put my stuff on the belt) and quietly led me to the next checkout which he then opened.

It struck me as a much better and more civilised way of doing things.
Old May 1st 2012, 2:12 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good service

And while we are on supermarket queues, the Carrefour in La Linea only has one queue for its 30 or so checkouts. It works very well.
Old May 1st 2012, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
And while we are on supermarket queues, the Carrefour in La Linea only has one queue for its 30 or so checkouts. It works very well.

They've introduced that (partially) at Los Patios Carrefour in Malaga. My OH nearly burst a bloodvessel waiting, though. The area which has a single queue sometimes has three, sometimes 8, tills so there's barely any benefit going to it. The autoservicio one is usually a good bet cos if anything whatsoever goes wrong - which it usually does - the girl has to help you out so it gets sorted pretty quickly
Old May 1st 2012, 3:10 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

In Mercadona at Palmones yesterday the checkouts were starting to back up so the call went out and they opened up a couple of extra tills.

Normally when this happens there is an unseemly rush to get there first with no thought as to who should be next - it's a case of the fastest and rudest wins.

This time however a young man came up to me (I was next in line, just about to put my stuff on the belt) and quietly led me to the next checkout which he then opened.

It struck me as a much better and more civilised way of doing things.
that's usually how they do it in our local Mercadona
Old May 1st 2012, 3:30 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

my local PAqui rarely needs the second till open, sometimes it gets a bit busy with 3 people waiting to be served

the off-licence over the road never has a queue, it takes longer to choose the week's wine than to pay for it.
Old May 1st 2012, 3:51 pm
FreeThinker

Originally Posted by lynnxa
that's usually how they do it in our local Mercadona
Maybe it's standard Mercadona practice - good for them!
Old May 1st 2012, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's standard Mercadona practice - good for them!
Well if it is the email hasn't made it to Cerrado de Calderon! Though to be fair they probably don't bother: with the WAGS in there most of the time the heels wouldn't take any pushing and shoving
Old May 1st 2012, 4:03 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

In Primark in Jerez they have one queue for all their checkouts and it works really well. You get through in no time
Old May 1st 2012, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Well if it is the email hasn't made it to Cerrado de Calderon! Though to be fair they probably don't bother: with the WAGS in there most of the time the heels wouldn't take any pushing and shoving
Spanish WAGS wouldnt be seen dead in a Mercadona
Old May 1st 2012, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cricketman
Spanish WAGS wouldnt be seen dead in a Mercadona
I can assure you they would. Care to take a drive-by of the (pristine, white, of course) Chelsea tractors and view the size of handbag getting out? (oh, of course closely followed by said WAG and heels....) I do accept that some have substitutes to do their dirty work. There's a fair number of Microcars driven by filipinas carrying a week's worth of stuff...........
Old May 1st 2012, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
I can assure you they would. Care to take a drive-by of the (pristine, white, of course) Chelsea tractors and view the size of handbag getting out? (oh, of course closely followed by said WAG and heels....) I do accept that some have substitutes to do their dirty work. There's a fair number of Microcars driven by filipinas carrying a week's worth of stuff...........
They are obviously neuvo riche
Old May 1st 2012, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cricketman
They are obviously neuvo riche
..as is anyone with a pristine anything, darling.........
Old May 1st 2012, 7:56 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Having one queue sounds a great idea ............|I always pick the wrong line