Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Snake alert!!!

Snake alert!!!

Old May 4th 2012, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snake alert!!!

Originally Posted by Weeze
This is getting worse and worse, black widow bloody spiders?!?

Sugarmooma, feel free to reassure me again at any point...
No black widows seen in the 23 years we have been here.....BUT.....we have seen a lot of Brown Recluse

You should be ok though honey, you are not so "country" where you are
Old May 4th 2012, 7:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
No black widows seen in the 23 years we have been here.....BUT.....we have seen a lot of Brown Recluse

You should be ok though honey, you are not so "country" where you are
They are even worse.
Old May 4th 2012, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
They are even worse.
Shhhhh....don't let Weeze hear you
Old May 4th 2012, 7:55 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Now I'm actually in my account.
I have just googled them and they look like every spider I have ever seen. And they hide in your bed and clothes.
Mr Weeze, your pizza dough is in the mixer. Your family is on route to the airport.
Old May 4th 2012, 7:59 pm
Account Closed

I have just googled them and they look like every spider I have ever seen. And they hide in your bed and clothes.
Mr Weeze, your pizza dough is in the mixer. Your family is on route to the airport.
Old May 4th 2012, 8:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Years ago I was talking to a lady at the Smithsonian Museum in DC...she was showing several different species of spiders. She said that the Brown Recluse (or Fiddle Spider) was the most dangerous in the US.
Old May 4th 2012, 8:22 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Years ago I was talking to a lady at the Smithsonian Museum in DC...she was showing several different species of spiders. She said that the Brown Recluse (or Fiddle Spider) was the most dangerous in the US.
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/spide.../page11_em.htm

Old May 4th 2012, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

QUIT JG or I'll send you all the frogs and toads we have here....
Old May 4th 2012, 8:24 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, you are really helping
On the plus side, maybe my fire ants will be eaten by my spiders, my spiders will be eaten by my scorpions, and my scorpions will be eaten by my snakes. Snakes presumably get eaten by either the gators or the old lady (while they wiggle and giggle and jiggle inside her).
Old May 4th 2012, 8:26 pm
Account Closed

STOP!
Old May 4th 2012, 8:35 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
STOP!
Just trying to make sure these nasty creatures are treated with the respect they deserve.
Old May 4th 2012, 8:36 pm

http://dermatology.cdlib.org/DOJvol5...l/recluse.html

Oh that's a bit better. The things in my garage are out in the day and live in webs. I'm safe.
Old May 4th 2012, 10:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Looks like he dropped a small pizza on his leg.
Old May 4th 2012, 10:03 pm
Banned

Primula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura about

Looks like he dropped a small pizza on his leg.
Exactly. So gross. I'm guessing that took a long to heal.
Old May 4th 2012, 10:07 pm
Life goes on.

Originally Posted by Primula
Exactly. So gross. I'm guessing that took a long to heal.
10 months. If you look at the website link, it has photos (starting from photo #11) from immediately after the bite, to when the leg - after a large skin graft - had finally healed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.