Reload this Page >

english or italian speaking lawyer wanted

english or italian speaking lawyer wanted

Old Nov 19th 2012, 5:24 pm
Italian man in London

gianni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default english or italian speaking lawyer wanted

Hi
I am looking for an english or italian speaking lawyer between perpignan, canet, barcares, leucate, narbonne.
Thank you
Gianni
Old Nov 19th 2012, 6:00 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: english or italian speaking lawyer wanted

Originally Posted by gianni
Hi
I am looking for an english or italian speaking lawyer between perpignan, canet, barcares, leucate, narbonne.
Thank you
Gianni
Hi, what type of lawyer do you need? A Notaire for Property/Inheritance questions, or an Avocat to represent you before a Tribunal?
There aren't all that many BE members in that area and, although Notaires are unbiassed, you may do well to ask on a regional forum for recommendations for an Avocat.
Hope this helps!
Old Nov 20th 2012, 8:14 am
Italian man in London

Hi and thank for your reply. What i need is an avocat that can help me. I rent out my property to a couple, which spent four month inside my property without paying me a single euro.
Regards
Gianni

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, what type of lawyer do you need? A Notaire for Property/Inheritance questions, or an Avocat to represent you before a Tribunal?
There aren't all that many BE members in that area and, although Notaires are unbiassed, you may do well to ask on a regional forum for recommendations for an Avocat.
Hope this helps!
Old Nov 20th 2012, 9:32 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and thank for your reply. What i need is an avocat that can help me. I rent out my property to a couple, which spent four month inside my property without paying me a single euro.
Regards
Gianni
Hi, I just looked in the Pages Jaunes and there are 100 Avocats in the Perpignan area and 71 in the Narbonne area!
As suggested above, you may do well to ask for a recommendation on a Languedoc-Roussillon expat forum.
Be aware that you can't legally evict non-paying tenants during the winter months, but the wheels of justice turn slowly in France, anyway...
Good luck!
Old Nov 20th 2012, 9:51 am
Italian man in London

...actually the left the studio in september, they spent all the summer inside my property. I know there are many advocat in perpignan and around the area but because my french is not at the top, i would like to deal the matter in english or at least in italian.
Regards
Gianni
Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:38 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

...actually the left the studio in september, they spent all the summer inside my property. I know there are many advocat in perpignan and around the area but because my french is not at the top, i would like to deal the matter in english or at least in italian.
Regards
Gianni
Must advise you to drop it. The Avocat's fees will take up a lot of the four months' rent anyway...
Be thankful they've left (but I'd change the locks, just in case...)
Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:55 am
Italian man in London

...thanks, i'll think about.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Garonne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud of

...thanks, i'll think about.
Got to agree with dmu. You needed to write to them LRAR (recorded delivery with advice of reception) once they had defaulted on 2 months rent in full, then instruct an huissier who would have issued them with notice to quit. Going to an avocat now will get you nowhere and cost you a fortune.

If they were on housing benefit, the only thing you can do if it gives you any sort of satisfaction and you are registered officially as a landlord is to inform the CAF.

Presumably you took a deposit so have kept that?
Old Nov 20th 2012, 4:00 pm
Italian man in London

Hi Garonne, thank you for your message, here what happened to me.
I own a studio inside the aphrodite village in leucate that i rent regularly every year in the summer. On June 5, 2012, behind Rosi suggestion the manager of the village, we agree to rent the study to a Mme Ghislaine Chausse and her husband for a time to be determined. We set the amount of 330 euro per month. Unfortunately, the village can't make contracts long than three months so we decided that as soon as I was in France, in July for my holiday,we would make the contract and discuss about the deposit, in the meanwhile mme chausse would pay the rent in my french bank account. Unfortunately, mme chausse who had meanwhile received the keys of the studio and taken to live there, send a cheque of 330 euro that the bank send me back because her account was empty. Mme chausse has occupied my property from June 2012 until September 2012 without ever paying one month of rent leaving to me the cost of electricity and water and damaging the season because I have not been able to rent it out to other customers.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Garonne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud of

Didn't you see her to sign the contract and pay the deposit in July? Without a contract you won't have a case, I fear, but I stand corrected of course. Lesson to all - get the deposit before you hand over the keys and get a guarantor for the rent. No French landlords will rent properties without thoroughly guarding their assurance of rent being paid ... not good Gianni but I seriously wouldn't waste any money with an avocat.