IELTS Results

Old Mar 20th 2010, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

charanjeetoberoi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS Results

Hi!!!

I got my positive skill assessment from CPA as an Accountant. I am scoring 115 (60 points for occupation + 30 points for age+ 10 points for 3 years work experience + 15 points for IELTS) whereas I need 120 for Australian Permanent residency.

I have NOT scored 7 in each section of IELTS as I got 8 in listening, 7.5 in speaking, 7 in reading and 6 in writing.

Can I get South Australian State Sponsorship with these scores and apply for Permanent Residency in South Australia?

If Yes, then how long this process will take?

Charanjeet Singh
Old Mar 20th 2010, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Your best bet is to keep plugging away at the IELTS until you have 7 in every band. You can lodge an application with less than 7 but it will be subject to lower priority processing and pure speculation, but if the 7 were to become mandatory for accountants in the next SOL update, your application is just going to sit there and never move.

I am not really sure why this particular requirement is only there for accountants, I would have thought that plenty of occupations require strong English skills but the rule is the rule..
Totally agree, there are numerous occupations that need good English skills but have been getting away with 5 in IELTS until recently, and now only 6 is needed for most occupations. I guess it is the "over supply" of accountants that is the problem. At least most accountants have done their studies by well known universities, and they always try to work as accountants......unlike an army of cooks who have studied in backstreet residence factories and after graduation and P.R (with 5 in IELTS) become taxi drivers... No offence to the real cooks (who are few and far between).
Old Mar 20th 2010, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice
Wink Re: IELTS Results

Originally Posted by reddy.n
If you go to Australia early, you can earn these expenses by working for 1 week time (Every day you would earn money paid for at-least 2 attempts!). So, keep trying IELTS till you get IELTS7. There are plenty of trainings around, many promise to make you get IELTS 7, why not try one of them?
Hi Reddy, I am in Australia for a long time, would you please suggest me a profession where every day I can earn money paid for at-least 2 attempts? Just to refresh your memory it comes up to 310x2 = 620 dollars......and all that for a new immigrant?
Old Mar 21st 2010, 2:27 am
Just Joined

reddy.n is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz
Hi Reddy, I am in Australia for a long time, would you please suggest me a profession where every day I can earn money paid for at-least 2 attempts? Just to refresh your memory it comes up to 310x2 = 620 dollars......and all that for a new immigrant?
I keep seeing many Contract Job Postings (Mostly from 3M to 6M) posted on Seek for $500 to $650/Day, or $60 to $80 per hour. I took earnings reference from there.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by reddy.n
I keep seeing many Contract Job Postings (Mostly from 3M to 6M) posted on Seek for $500 to $650/Day, or $60 to $80 per hour. I took earnings reference from there.
There are some jobs that pay that much, sure, but they don't, in any way, represent what a new immigrant would earn in any profession. These wages are typically paid to professionals with 10 or more years of experience, and I dont think they represent a vast majority of working people in Australia, who on the average take home around 200 dollars per 8 or 9 hour day after taxes....I am just trying to give a fair picture to the potential immigrants...cheers.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

infojami will become famous soon enough

i have applied for re-checking my Writing module and got 0.5 increased. It was a time consuming process.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 5:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by infojami
i have applied for re-checking my Writing module and got 0.5 increased. It was a time consuming process.
In my IELTS exam, I scored 8 in listening, 7.5 in speaking, 7 in reading and 6 in writing. I was confident to score more than 7 in each module. I applied for re-checking of writing section and got my result yesterday but there is no change in my score. It was a waste of time and money.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Your best bet is to keep plugging away at the IELTS until you have 7 in every band. You can lodge an application with less than 7 but it will be subject to lower priority processing and pure speculation, but if the 7 were to become mandatory for accountants in the next SOL update, your application is just going to sit there and never move.

I am not really sure why this particular requirement is only there for accountants, I would have thought that plenty of occupations require strong English skills but the rule is the rule..
Hi!!!

I got my positive skill assessment from CPA as an Accountant. I am scoring 115 (60 points for occupation + 30 points for age+ 10 points for 3 years work experience + 15 points for IELTS) whereas I need 120 for Australian Permanent residency.

I have NOT scored 7 in each section of IELTS as I got 8 in listening, 7.5 in speaking, 7 in reading and 6 in writing.

Can I get South Australian State Sponsorship with these scores and apply for Permanent Residency in South Australia?

Charanjeet Singh
Old Mar 21st 2010, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Joy.Please has a spectacular aura aboutJoy.Please has a spectacular aura aboutJoy.Please has a spectacular aura about

Hard luck Charanjeet. I got my writing score bumped up from 6.5 to 7.5.

Originally Posted by charanjeetoberoi
In my IELTS exam, I scored 8 in listening, 7.5 in speaking, 7 in reading and 6 in writing. I was confident to score more than 7 in each module. I applied for re-checking of writing section and got my result yesterday but there is no change in my score. It was a waste of time and money.
Old May 22nd 2010, 1:31 am
Just Joined

mehak is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i m mehak from lahore pakistan,

i gave my ielts test on 8th may 2010. and the result was expected on 21st may 2010, today is 22nd but till now i m unable to check my result online. please guide me what can i do now?

how can i check my ielts result?

thanks in advance.
Old May 22nd 2010, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mehak
hi i m mehak from lahore pakistan,

i gave my ielts test on 8th may 2010. and the result was expected on 21st may 2010, today is 22nd but till now i m unable to check my result online. please guide me what can i do now?

how can i check my ielts result?

thanks in advance.
hi mehak, i am from Lahore too. You need to check with british council as the results delivery and timeline all depends on the test centre that arranges the test. It is different to what goes on here in Australia. In Australia, most centres post the address on 13th day, and is received in couple of days.

Good luck anyway ! are you planning to come to Australia? cheers, moeen
Old May 22nd 2010, 2:00 am
Viktor

viktorjaisz has a spectacular aura aboutviktorjaisz has a spectacular aura aboutviktorjaisz has a spectacular aura about

how about checking the status online or calling as the council as suggested.
Keep hitting the status page in the meanwhile.
Old May 22nd 2010, 7:24 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

If she took on the 9th I don't think it will be out until tomorrow will it? I am not sure about that website anyway, mine never showed up on there although it arrived in the post just fine.
I got an SMS from my test center on the 13th day of the test. I received the letter the very next day.

The website doesn't work !

Cheers,

TAA
Old May 22nd 2010, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

abeersalik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charanjeetoberoi
Hi!!!

Charanjeet Singh
Dear Charanjeet,

Have you re-taken your IELTS, if not, keep your spirit up and just go for one attempt more. I know it's annoying but you have to deal with it. Do you have Australian Education Office (AEO) in India, if yes, try that as you have already tried IDP and BC. Please don't mind, you may be good in other modules but try to find the real shortcomings in your writing style. Till July 1st you have the opportunity to make your case stronger.

Do listen to others who have suggested you to re-take.

Good Luck!
Old May 31st 2010, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

Default Suggestion regarding Visa No. 475

Hi,

I need a suggestion for immigration to Australia. I know that offshore visas cant be filed at the moment.

Please let me know, Can I file visa no. 475 (provisional visa) to live and work in South Australia without scoring 7 in each component of IELTS?
I am an Accountant with more than 3 years of work experience and 29 years of age. My IELTS score was 7.5 in speaking, 8 in Listening, 7 in reading and 6 in Wiritng. I have got positive skill assessment from CPA as an accountant.

Kindly let me know, Am I eligible to file for South Australian State sponsorship for visa no. 475 with my above mentioned details?

With Regards
Charanjeet Singh Oberoi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.