Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

4 MONTH UPDATE - 8 months - 9 month update.....

4 MONTH UPDATE - 8 months - 9 month update.....

Old Apr 12th 2010, 4:24 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: 4 MONTH UPDATE

Originally Posted by bdclayton
i forgot !!!!
did i tell anyone i am 55 years old ??
its never to late
Mate. It is the best age to be.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 7:36 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

My First week at work was a eye opener
spent a few days training how to dangle from a rope attached to a hoist
then got lowered through a small manhole down a 30ft hole
But well laid back and well organised
No pressure to get up to speed and a bunch of very friendly and helpful people.
Nice hours 7.30 until 4.00
Quite different to the UK
Not so much of the Health & Safety and a more common sense approach
I think i may just stand the Pressure
Great news all is going so well for you it stays that way

Dewb

55 still a young one!
Old Apr 19th 2010, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Hi bd

Glad to hear u have started work and all is well. Had to log on to find out it u had had any mishaps and make sure u ok. Soz didn't gert a chance to meet u and OH but am in Tauranga most wends.

Cheers

HH
Old Apr 20th 2010, 6:58 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by HHBoP
Hi bd

Glad to hear u have started work and all is well. Had to log on to find out it u had had any mishaps and make sure u ok. Soz didn't gert a chance to meet u and OH but am in Tauranga most wends.

Cheers

HH
Glad you arrived safe and well good luck in your new job
off to Taupo next weekend
OK I will admit had a bit of a mishap last weekend
We were woken up at 12.30 am by a alarm ringing
we have a alarm system in the house and the sound seemed like it was coming from one of the senses on the wall.
We never set the alarm
I tried to turn in on and off at the box but it just kept ringing. So we went back to bed it was only ringing in the house and went off after half an hour
I called the owner the next day he came to have a look and cleaned the inside of the sensor.
Next morning 12.30 off it went again I tried to turn it off at the box again no luck
Called the owner again.
He called a alarm technician.
The technician came around I explained that the noise was coming from the sensor "Impossible" he said
HE HAD A LOOK AROUND AND SWITCHED THE ALARM OFF ON A CLOCK I HAD BOUGHT A FEW DAYS EARLIER AND PUT JUST UNDER THE ALARM SENSOR.
in my defense i didn't know the clock had a alarm

Last edited by bdclayton; Apr 20th 2010 at 7:01 am.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi BD - You really do need help !
Old Apr 20th 2010, 8:29 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bolton1
Hi BD - You really do need help !
I know
its a good job I am married to a Psychiatric Nurse
She gets plenty of practice at home
Old Apr 21st 2010, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

we have a alarm system in the house and the sound seemed like it was coming from one of the senses on the wall.
We never set the alarm
I tried to turn in on and off at the box but it just kept ringing. So we went back to bed it was only ringing in the house and went off after half an hour
I called the owner the next day he came to have a look and cleaned the inside of the sensor.
Next morning 12.30 off it went again I tried to turn it off at the box again no luck
Called the owner again.
The technician came around I explained that the noise was coming from the sensor "Impossible" he said
HE HAD A LOOK AROUND AND SWITCHED THE ALARM OFF ON A CLOCK I HAD BOUGHT A FEW DAYS EARLIER AND PUT JUST UNDER THE ALARM SENSOR.
Priceless!!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Hi bd

Wot a cracker - NZ technicians, handymen and mechanics must surely love u and rub their hands with glee when they see u en route!! Still where would be without u n ur stories - the world would seem like a much duller place thats for sure

HH
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 11:40 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

We never set the alarm
Called the owner again.
Love it!
Old May 14th 2010, 9:09 am
Busy Again

Hi there
my 4 month up date should now read
8 MONTH UPDATE
my job is going well
My camper van is still crap
i have one of the best job in NZ
And probably one of the best employers
Everyone is so helpful and no pressure
Training training and more training and its all 1st class stuff
Tauranga Council must be one of the best employers in NZ
My first few months in NZ were very tough and i was climbing the walls with boredom. I have been so lucky to get a job like this.
My OH on the other hand has one of the most difficult jobs in NZ
working in a acute Mental Health Unit.
We love it here but its not easy and there is always a new challenge lurking around the corner
but that's life here or anywhere.
keep smiling everyone and lets get through the winter ????? ( bloody hell it was 20 degrees today )
I am sorry to be so boring with my update

Last edited by bdclayton; May 14th 2010 at 9:11 am.
Old May 16th 2010, 12:11 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sooooo pleased to hear your job is going so well, especially considering how hard you worked to get one. Not so good to hear about your dear wife's.

Good things come to those who wait.
Old May 16th 2010, 9:11 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there
my 4 month up date should now read
8 MONTH UPDATE
my job is going well
My camper van is still crap
i have one of the best job in NZ
And probably one of the best employers
Everyone is so helpful and no pressure
Training training and more training and its all 1st class stuff
Tauranga Council must be one of the best employers in NZ
My first few months in NZ were very tough and i was climbing the walls with boredom. I have been so lucky to get a job like this.
My OH on the other hand has one of the most difficult jobs in NZ
working in a acute Mental Health Unit.
We love it here but its not easy and there is always a new challenge lurking around the corner
but that's life here or anywhere.
keep smiling everyone and lets get through the winter ????? ( bloody hell it was 20 degrees today )
I am sorry to be so boring with my update
Always good to hear how people are getting on great that your job is going well after the time you had to wait to find one its lovely its turned out so well. I cant begin to imagine how hard you wifes job is but well done to her must be very stressful.

20 degrees

Thanks for posting update

Dewb
Old May 17th 2010, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

custard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant futurecustard creams has a brilliant future
Default Re: 4 MONTH UPDATE - Now 8 Month Update !

Brill thread - Have just read the whole thing for the first time. I'm still wiping the tears of laughter away!!!

I'm so glad your new job is working out, I also work for Tauranga City Council I'll keep an eye out on Insider for any mishaps in the Water Department.
Old May 17th 2010, 5:46 am
Busy Again

Default Re: 4 MONTH UPDATE - Now 8 Month Update !

Originally Posted by custard creams
Brill thread - Have just read the whole thing for the first time. I'm still wiping the tears of laughter away!!!

I'm so glad your new job is working out, I also work for Tauranga City Council I'll keep an eye out on Insider for any mishaps in the Water Department.
It wasnt me !
HONEST
Old May 19th 2010, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=bdclayton;8509251]I know
its a good job I am married to a Psychiatric Nurse
She gets plenty of practice at home
[/QUOT
God bd.. that hilarious!.... we are are also psych nurses.. and hopefully moving to Tauranga!
Berni

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.