One Month on...

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of
Default One Month on...

Just thought I would drop a post one month into the NZ adventure. I flew out here with no job and a bit of savings, still the same but ive got a job interview where ive been told pretty much that ive got the job and that they will support me with my visa. Very large company (everyone in NZ will know them) so fingers crossed. The only problem is that everything takes ages here. Im all ready 4 weeks in from my initial meeting and I have to keep chasing them. So im expecting a minimum of 4 -6 weeks until im employed. Because im so bored (and heading towards poverty faster than I would have liked) I am starting tomorrow to look for work as a barman or something to tide me over, and I spent my birthday here in the first couple of weeks.

The best news is though that im living in Devonport in Auckland which is great, right on the oceanfront. Ive met quite a few new friends and can go in the two locals and have a chat with people I know. Which is mucch better than expected, really found it fairly easy to make friends. In fact one of the first weeks here I met my friend in town one Saturday and a few of us got a lift home on his boat. I got dropped off on the beach, now thats the life!
Also calling this winter is frankly a joke the weather has been great when you consider December in the UK.

Ive got a tough 6 months financially coming up as I literally had no real savings so got to sort car, house and all furnishings etc asap as I may be moving with the potential job. Then my girlfriend is coming out in October (the most painful thing being without her but I know it will be worth it) to live so supporting two of us. Then fingers crossed immigration will give her a visa too. Then married and babies, PR etc. Phew!

All big ifs and everything I know but I felt like I needed to vent it somewhere where people know what your talking about and been there done that.

Thanks for the release.

PS Im bungee jumping on Saturday as a belated Birthday present to myself
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 5:50 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One Month on...

Originally Posted by rason
Just thought I would drop a post one month into the NZ adventure. I flew out here with no job and a bit of savings, still the same but ive got a job interview where ive been told pretty much that ive got the job and that they will support me with my visa. Very large company (everyone in NZ will know them) so fingers crossed. The only problem is that everything takes ages here. Im all ready 4 weeks in from my initial meeting and I have to keep chasing them. So im expecting a minimum of 4 -6 weeks until im employed. Because im so bored (and heading towards poverty faster than I would have liked) I am starting tomorrow to look for work as a barman or something to tide me over, and I spent my birthday here in the first couple of weeks.

The best news is though that im living in Devonport in Auckland which is great, right on the oceanfront. Ive met quite a few new friends and can go in the two locals and have a chat with people I know. Which is mucch better than expected, really found it fairly easy to make friends. In fact one of the first weeks here I met my friend in town one Saturday and a few of us got a lift home on his boat. I got dropped off on the beach, now thats the life!
Also calling this winter is frankly a joke the weather has been great when you consider December in the UK.

Ive got a tough 6 months financially coming up as I literally had no real savings so got to sort car, house and all furnishings etc asap as I may be moving with the potential job. Then my girlfriend is coming out in October (the most painful thing being without her but I know it will be worth it) to live so supporting two of us. Then fingers crossed immigration will give her a visa too. Then married and babies, PR etc. Phew!

All big ifs and everything I know but I felt like I needed to vent it somewhere where people know what your talking about and been there done that.

Thanks for the release.

that job hurries along.

Sounds like you are making friends easily which helps a lot when trying to settle, lifts home on boats nice work

Good luck with that bungee jump

Dewb
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

good luck with the job hope you hear something very soon
Like us you went to NZ with no job offer, although sounds like you have 'youth' on your side!
good luck with everything
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rason

Thanks for the release.

Good Luck with your job it happens sooner rather than later.

Enjoy your bungee jumping!
Old Jun 8th 2010, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

witty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nice

Sounds cool Rason fella. I love the bungee myself, its awesome lol.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:00 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Lovely update, thank you for taking the time to share. Have some bungee karma!
Old Jun 8th 2010, 6:43 pm

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds great!

Although the jobs taking some time at least you pretty much have it in the bag eh

We arrive in Auckland in a couple of wks and are really excited, maybe if you have a night out in the city we can pop in for a few bevvies and say hi
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of

well i never count my chickens when it comes to jobs etc. Had my first interview today.

Yeah if you fancy a beer let me know and will grab one (or two). Know a couple of decent bars. Orewa is vey nice too
Old Oct 27th 2010, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: One Month on... UPDATE now 6 months

Got a good job with Fonterra.
Moving to a House in the Mount next week
got a rubbish car
Got my WTR permit and visa
the sun is shining
and most important of all my Girlfriend lands in one months time.
Just need to sort all that rubbish out with immigration now

Doing ok
Old Oct 27th 2010, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

thats great! glad all is going well for you, and long may it last!
M&J