Diversity visa questions

Old May 20th 2007, 10:32 am
Just Joined

spasiba is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Diversity visa questions

Hi all,
I am new to the forums and recently received a letter from the KCC advising me I had been selected for the DV program.
I have several questions which I hope someone can help me with.
I used the search function and also looked on Google but still unsure of the answers.

1.-
I am currently living in Australia and I am returning the documents to the KCC very shortly, what sort of expectations should I have in regards to the date when I will get the final approval?
I understand that I must go within 6 months of the approval but I am unsure how long it typically takes.

I am getting married in December of this year can I include my future spouse in the application now or must I advice the KCC of a change once I am married.
Or must she apply for a spouse visa once I have my green card granted?
Is it likely I will get the final green card approved before December of this year? and how long does it take for a spouse visa to get approved once i am there?

I read that there is a requirement for having either a friend or family member sign an affidavit of support or get a job offer.
I know some people in the US but I am not friends well enough to ask them for this.
So my only option is to get a job offer, when should I start applying for jobs? Is it even likely someone will employ anyone without meeting you face to face for an interview? I am in IT and I know it is in demand but I am sceptical about the possibility.
Any suggestions or experiences on this?

If i do end up going to the USA is there a minimum stay? i was planning to go for a few months and then come back to Australia for a few months.

Thanks for all your help in advance.
Regards,
Old May 20th 2007, 3:23 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diversity visa questions

Originally Posted by spasiba
I am getting married in December of this year can I include my future spouse in the application now or must I advice the KCC of a change once I am married.
Is it likely I will get the final green card approved before December of this year? and how long does it take for a spouse visa to get approved once i am there?
You have a big issue here.
Old May 20th 2007, 7:35 pm
Caring for the Elderly

no1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to all

Hi all,
I am new to the forums and recently received a letter from the KCC advising me I had been selected for the DV program.
I used the search function and also looked on Google but still unsure of the answers.

1.-
I am currently living in Australia and I am returning the documents to the KCC very shortly, what sort of expectations should I have in regards to the date when I will get the final approval?
I understand that I must go within 6 months of the approval but I am unsure how long it typically takes.

I read that there is a requirement for having either a friend or family member sign an affidavit of support or get a job offer.
I know some people in the US but I am not friends well enough to ask them for this.
So my only option is to get a job offer, when should I start applying for jobs? Is it even likely someone will employ anyone without meeting you face to face for an interview? I am in IT and I know it is in demand but I am sceptical about the possibility.

If i do end up going to the USA is there a minimum stay? i was planning to go for a few months and then come back to Australia for a few months.

Regards,
Hi I can answer question 4 for you the maximum stay in the USA on a Visitors Visa which australia should come under the visa waiver program where you don't need to apply for a visa in advance check it out at USCIS site if australia comes under that, you can stay in the USA for a maximum of 90 days when on vacation here the USCIS site is pretty useful just do a search on things hope this helps some on question 4
Old May 20th 2007, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

1.-

Regards,
Point 2, Too late, wife needed to be on diversity lottery application with you. There'll be some kind of way to have a wife with you if you do get the Green Card, but she may not be able to work....maybe not for years? Don't know the details.....only that I looked into it from my perspective, and decided that Im better off going for an E3 visa than via my fiance's (H route) green card

No MINIMUM stay.

Get the Greencard and there's no maximum stay......but u just cant go to the USA, get the Greencard, then go back to OZ. You have to be able to show that your life is in the USA, otherwise your Green Card status could be considered as being abandoned.
Old May 20th 2007, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Point 2, Too late, wife needed to be on diversity lottery application with you. There'll be some kind of way to have a wife with you if you do get the Green Card, but she may not be able to work....maybe not for years? Don't know the details.....only that I looked into it from my perspective, and decided that Im better off going for an E3 visa than via my fiance's (H route) green card
Hi,
Well when i entered the lottery i also entered her as my spouse even though we were not married, should i make her fillout all the documents for the KCC even though we are not married yet?
is it likely that we will have the interview with the consulate before our married date in december or does that usually take a bit longer?
Thanks,
Old May 20th 2007, 8:47 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Diversity visa questions

Hi,
Well when i entered the lottery i also entered her as my spouse even though we were not married, should i make her fillout all the documents for the KCC even though we are not married yet?
is it likely that we will have the interview with the consulate before our married date in december or does that usually take a bit longer?
Thanks,
They may see that as fraud .... and you lose as well .....
Old May 20th 2007, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
They may see that as fraud .... and you lose as well .....
that's interesting, i called the US consulate before i entered with my question and they tod me to do that since i was likely to be married before i got issued my greencard that i should enter her as my spouse.
Old May 20th 2007, 9:14 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

that's interesting, i called the US consulate before i entered with my question and they tod me to do that since i was likely to be married before i got issued my greencard that i should enter her as my spouse.
I did say may they are normally very funny about
incorrect statements on their beloved forms..
and of course there is no requirement that they have to give you correct information..

It may be all ok ...
Old May 20th 2007, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
I did say may they are normally very funny about
incorrect statements on their beloved forms..
and of course there is no requirement that they have to give you correct information..

It may be all ok ...
Yeah i can understand that, i guess i am just going to have to take a punt. might call the US consulate again to verify and get a name to back it up with.
Old May 20th 2007, 9:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I think this was a big mistake. Now you've lied on your application. They will be able to tell from your marriage certificate date that you were not married when you said you were on the application.

I had a friend last year who won the DV Lottery, from Iran. He was under a deadline to have his interview and security checks finished by September that year, otherwise he could no longer be issued the visa. So I am thinking the cutoff month is September for issuing the DV lottery visas. If so, you will still be single when you get yours....and you will have said you're married on your application...big trouble.

As for the affidavit of support, my Iranian friend needed one, yes. However, I have heard on the forum that someone else, from another country, did not.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 20th 2007, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I think this was a big mistake. Now you've lied on your application. They will be able to tell from your marriage certificate date that you were not married when you said you were on the application.

I had a friend last year who won the DV Lottery, from Iran. He was under a deadline to have his interview and security checks finished by September that year, otherwise he could no longer be issued the visa. So I am thinking the cutoff month is September for issuing the DV lottery visas. If so, you will still be single when you get yours....and you will have said you're married on your application...big trouble.

As for the affidavit of support, my Iranian friend needed one, yes. However, I have heard on the forum that someone else, from another country, did not.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Thanks for your reply, the cutoff date is indeed september but it says it is september of 2008 so that makes me think it will take a long time.
so considering it is almost june now (and i just recieved my letter and the latest ones are recieved by July) it is only 3 months before september i doubt they could process everything before september of 2007 so thereofe it makes me think it will be unlikely i will get the interview at the consulate before december of 2007. any thoughts?

another interesting note i found in the FAQ:

Q: What family members must I include on my DV entry?

A: On your entry you must list your spouse, that is husband or wife, and all unmarried children under 21 years of age, with the exception of a child who is already a U.S. citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident. You must list your spouse even if you are currently separated from him/her. However, if you are legally divorced, you do not need to list your former spouse. For customary marriages, the important date is the date of the original marriage ceremony, not the date on which the marriage is registered. You must list ALL your children who are unmarried and under 21 years of age, whether they are your natural children, your spouse's children by a previous marriage, or children you have formally adopted in accordance with the laws of your country, unless a child is already a U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Resident. List all children under 21 years of age even if they no longer reside with you or you do not intend for them to immigrate under the DV program.
So what it is saying you dont have to be legally married but if you consider yourself married by "custom" its sufficient therefore i could say i got married before i entered the DV lottery and get the certificate by december right?
Old May 20th 2007, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So what it is saying you dont have to be legally married but if you consider yourself married by "custom" its sufficient therefore i could say i got married before i entered the DV lottery and get the certificate by december right?
You're free to interpret what you read however you wish... but that's not what it means, and I think you know it. The government, BTW, is not liable for any misinformation you might have received that could screw you over... y'know, like telling you it's okay to put her down as your wife even if you aren't married. But hey... it's your life, so good luck to you!

Ian
Old May 20th 2007, 11:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply, the cutoff date is indeed september but it says it is september of 2008 so that makes me think it will take a long time.
so considering it is almost june now (and i just recieved my letter and the latest ones are recieved by July) it is only 3 months before september i doubt they could process everything before september of 2007 so thereofe it makes me think it will be unlikely i will get the interview at the consulate before december of 2007. any thoughts?
I don't know. In my friend's case, it was around Feb 2006 that he IM'd me and we started talking about his DV lottery win. His deadling was September 2006, and he just barely made it a few weeks before then. I don't know when he found out he had actually won the DV lottery, perhaps it was before Feb 2006, but I don't know for sure.

Rene
Old May 20th 2007, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I don't know. In my friend's case, it was around Feb 2006 that he IM'd me and we started talking about his DV lottery win. His deadling was September 2006, and he just barely made it a few weeks before then. I don't know when he found out he had actually won the DV lottery, perhaps it was before Feb 2006, but I don't know for sure.

Rene
I think your friend was probably in the DV program of the year before since notifications are send from April to July
Old May 23rd 2007, 2:47 am
Just Joined

bbsnetting is an unknown quantity at this point

1.-

1.You will be called for an interview at your Local US embassy if at KCC sees your forms information make you eligible.Normally around october.
There you pay your related fees.
2.Before sending the form you must be married to a person to get spouse status visa. Otherwise it will be a long procedure to obtain her a visa.
3.It is better to have some one in USA to assist you for the begining.
4.If you stay outside of the USA for a long time you will loose your Permenant residency.
http://www.dvlotteryhelp.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.